maps drop rate

I'm glad people are already talking about this. As I've stated in general chat earlier, here is why the high lvl map drop rate is substantially worse.

Before Patch:

It was common knowledge among high lvl map (65-66+) players
to roll the following mods:

+Area/Maze
+magic/rare
+pack size

Only the first one was required, and the other two were bonuses, except on lvl68 and 69 maps, in which case you really wanted the first two.

Here's why:

With +Area/Maze the size of the map usually doubled, sometimes tripled. After Chiseling a map, the +quant % on map with those mods was usually something like +35-40%+

What this means is this (will be broken into "zones" in order to compare additional size). Anything after first zone was bonus from +area/maze mod For this example I will use old IIQ of 80% (with gem)

Zone 1 80%+40% from map=120
Zone 2= 120

If the map tripled in size

Zone 3=120

If I also had +magic/rare this would mean VASTLY more drops, which is why it was desired.

Now Current Patch using old method (Did a Wasted Pool that was newly rolled after patch w/ the good old mods):

Zone 1= 40%
Zone 2= 40%
Zone 3= 40%

See the difference?

Now let's say I "adjust" to try and get high + quantity on map. (This would mean w/o +area/maze and maybe magic/rare if you're lucky

Zone 1=98% (Did a lvl68 Cell map earlier w/ these) Got Bog (lvl64)

That's it.

I ran a 93% Dry Forest earlier got a 61.

There is absolutely NO WAY to increase our odds high enough in order to sustain playing 65+ under these changes. None.

I will be playing lvl60-61 maps using high quant in order to farm for currency until something changes.

Signed, Slurms

It may be the design philosophy is to keep high level maps ultra rare. I don't agree with that though, there is no harm done to other players to allow high level players a diverse endgame(=maps) which actually stays challenging(high level areas). Forcing high level players who stay active to run low levels again and again is really dull and kills long term motivation to play a single character.
Agreed with Slurms/FMK, I myself have done a few maps after the patch, and it was horrid!

Was only a few lvl62s, and then a 20% quality/80% quality lvl66 Marsh map just to test.. came out empty handed.

Of all the maps i've done this patch, I have had like 2 map drops.

Then again if it is the design to make players go back to Pyramid/lvl60 maps, then I will say;

That wont work.
(Phermi)
Last edited by Zareuther on Sep 11, 2012, 4:21:56 PM
"
Brutakuz wrote:
Being a level 82 witch means I get severely penalized XP rates in low level maps. Now with the current map drop rate, I'm forced to run these lame maps since I'm quickly running out of maps from my private reserve. If things don't change, I guess I'll be level 82 until Open Beta hits.

Oh, and that beefed up elemental reflect on mob auras is just freakin' nasty! Basically a lvl 1 mob with ele reflect COULD kill a lvl 82 player just with that mod, LOL! Let's hope the GGG round table knock their heads together and come up with some solutions.

Wraewytche

Wraewytche, I can literally feel "your pain". For today's game-play experience by running few 65lv+ maps I must admit one, sad and disappointing theory - end-game has been crashed. When I've realized that all my maps above 65lv has been vanished from my stash - I just simply said to myself : " Fine - unlucky today, but that wont keep me from rolling ". And then I've created an excellent +80% (64lv) map with 20% physical reflect + 20% elemental reflect mods, because I was hoping that, this is the "new way" of beeing appropriate rewarded. I was wrong. The map was insane - with every single step, the grim scythe of death was closer and closer to my head. Somehow, I managed to kill the boss, but at the nearly end of so called dungeon I was insta-killed by reflect of an small, underground-shooting-from-ass-mob pack. Yes, I know... I should kill them one-by-one, slow and painfully. The results of this great journey was two 62Lv maps, and loss of about... 14 mil exp. "Fine" - I said to myself again! I took 63Lv map, alch it with peace, then chaos it, and chaos again, and finally run it. I was just curious how much Exp will it gets me, and guess what? The magic bar didn't even move - not even 1% of total 82Lv. Sound bad? Nah. Sounds impossible now to continue playing.
IGN: ProjectPaffix

You wouldn't even think how exciting might be exile, unless You choose the "wrong turn".
The content is made till lvl60 , other parts of game are under development??
Obviously map system is just a generous way of GGG handling high lvl player's interest till more content comes.

Why you want to level past 60, i do not see any point.
Act 3 will come out and you will not enjoy that at all being already overleveld.
Nothing will happen on lvl70-80, no high lvl drops are implemented.
If you like xp grinding, why not just play a korean mmo with lvl300 limit lasting your life to level?
"
bodoka wrote:
Obviously map system is just a generous way of GGG handling high lvl player's interest till more content comes.

I kind of see where your coming from BUT hardcore gamers can hit lvl 75 in less than a week. Should we all restart new charas just to cope with an easy-to-fix map drop rate? I dunnnnnnnnnnnnnno!

"
bodoka wrote:
If you like xp grinding, why not just play a korean mmo with lvl300 limit lasting your life to level?

LMFAO, it's PoE or nothing!
And there was me all happy I could finally drop my IIQ gem for something interesting one but now it seems map problem is even worse.

It did really suck that new players were basically forced into taking IIQ gear over dps gear if they wanted to find enough maps to sustain themselves (wasn't a problem for established players with decent IIQ though). But now it seems getting more maps is a problem for new and established players alike, so while trying to fix the problem seems like we've gone totally in the wrong direction.

"
bodoka wrote:

Why you want to level past 60, i do not see any point.
Act 3 will come out and you will not enjoy that at all being already overleveld.
Nothing will happen on lvl70-80, no high lvl drops are implemented.

Everyone gets wiped before act 3 comes along anyway so one will be overleveled for it no matter what level they are now. And the map system is not a temporary thing, so they add a new act, what is there to keep people playing after that act? It needs to be balanced now else it will be frustrating if the same thing is in store for everyone after act 3

There are plenty of reasons to carry on levelling, for example the extra skill points give a chance to try out other parts of the tree without blowing a whole load of regret orbs.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Here's why:

With +Area/Maze the size of the map usually doubled, sometimes tripled. After Chiseling a map, the +quant % on map with those mods was usually something like +35-40%+

What this means is this (will be broken into "zones" in order to compare additional size). Anything after first zone was bonus from +area/maze mod For this example I will use old IIQ of 80% (with gem)

Zone 2= 120

If the map tripled in size

Zone 3=120

If I also had +magic/rare this would mean VASTLY more drops, which is why it was desired.

Now Current Patch using old method (Did a Wasted Pool that was newly rolled after patch w/ the good old mods):

Zone 1= 40%
Zone 2= 40%
Zone 3= 40%

See the difference?

I wanted to comment on this because these numbers are incorrect.

Old system. Is (using your numbers)

Zone 2= 120

Zone 3 = 120

New system.

Zone 1 24%(From the Base buff)+40% = 64%
Zone 2 24%+40% = 64%
Zone 3 24%+40% = 64%

Now still this is clearly much less.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Now let's say I "adjust" to try and get high + quantity on map. (This would mean w/o +area/maze and maybe magic/rare if you're lucky

Zone 1=98%

This would be changed to 24%(base buff)+98% = 122%

vs the old one of 120%x2 (or x3 if it was a triple sized map)

Correct me if I'm wrong here?

Anyways I still agree with your assessment I just wanted to correct that oversight if there is one.

Clearly you can see its 3x worse for players like you that have 80% IIQ.
With new patch getting over 80% IIQ is considerably harder than before. You are judging the change from a wrong perspective. Our high level characters are kind of outdated now.
✠ ✠
"
wiggin wrote:
With new patch getting over 80% IIQ is considerably harder than before. You are judging the change from a wrong perspective. Our high level characters are kind of outdated now.

Even outdated as they are, the point is still that overall the drop rate of maps is much worse.

So which prospective should we look at it from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info