maps drop rate

I had times where the maps didn't drop like I hoped, and I had times where the maps dropped way better than before. Let's sit on this for a few days before we make any rash demands over drop rates.

I played with 78% iiq for 3 days and didn't get a map drop over level 63. I got 4+ drops yesterday of level 64 or 65. I played with ~58% iiq before that and have been mostly playing maps for the last week and a half and got no drops over level 64. Perhaps I had a lucky day, perhaps others just had bad luck, only time will tell.

What I noticed is that the mods that gave better success before (area, labyrinthine) aren't as good now and the harder mods are much better for success now. I ran a ~70% level 63 map and got my level 65 map. In that I ran ~70% and got 2 level 64 maps. Don't target 30%, go much higher, 30% is too low. They doubled the quantity on the mods for a reason, bigger reward for harder mods.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Sep 12, 2012, 10:12:32 AM
Maps as a solution to endgame are so incredibly awesome. The one thing I hate about endgame is being stuck doing the same thing over and over again. I don't care if it's the Pyramid or Fellshrine, if I had to do it over and over again it will get boring quick.
Maps solve that bit beautifully. Even for L60 maps there's diversity in the map types (7 types?) and on top of that we get to roll random mods on them. It's just perfect.

As such though I think we should always be able to run maps. I don't care if it's "just" L60 ones but running out of maps is the one horror that remains with this beautiful system.

So I would hope that low level maps start becoming frequent enough that there isn't anxiety over running out. I'd love to run high level maps but I can live with them being "rare", special or "unsustainable" unless supported by running more low level maps. Having a L65+ map be something special is fine by me, as long as I don't have to worry about running out of L60 maps.
"
Zaviel wrote:
Removing IIQ from the map drop rate was a good decision. IIQ is still powerful but you don't need to stack it to sustain endgame. I believe GGG didn't go far enough though, it was a step in the right direction but the map drop rate should be doubled from what it is now.

GGG has earned my faith as an amazing company and I trust them to make great decisions, its possible they are just testing what a map-starved economy would be like before they tune it up. Beta is all about the testing anyway.

They didn't remove it.
They just changed the number from all your IIQ on gear or gems to 24% IIQ.

You see IIQ is still a factor but a factor that you have no control over.
So basically from now you need luck to play End game content which is a backward idea.
FFA loot = Single Player Game
"
Zaviel wrote:
Removing IIQ from the map drop rate was a good decision. IIQ is still powerful but you don't need to stack it to sustain endgame. I believe GGG didn't go far enough though, it was a step in the right direction but the map drop rate should be doubled from what it is now.

I agree with everyone until the "double it" part. They need to triple if not quadruple it. Anyone trying to get to higher lvl maps knew they needed at least 75% IIQ. When I got that much I got frustrated that I wasn't getting any maps over 64 but I have a bunch of 60s so I knew I could at least be staying in the 61-62 range.

Struggling to find any is more than frustrating, it's game breaking.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
ethone wrote:
As such though I think we should always be able to run maps. I don't care if it's "just" L60 ones but running out of maps is the one horror that remains with this beautiful system.

Can't be more agree. I have only one end game character but once i played all the maps i get, i did something like 3 times fellshrine, 3 pyramid runs and some of the other small area but didn't get any maps, now i prefer starting some other character.

You can argue that you do basically the same thing farming or doing some quest, but i just can't. I find it so boring.
My personal experience suggests that you need around 80-120% IIQ to sustain lower level maps (60-63), and this on maps that were almost exclusively area/maze with pack size increase.

Even if you only do the highest quantity maps WITH area/maze and increased pack sizes, you're reaching about the equivalent of 100% IIQ prior to 0.9.12c, which is basically the minimum for sustainability on low level maps. (And let's not forget how downright awful some of those maps would be to experience and the nerfs to area/pack sizes).

Honestly, considering the amount of feedback from high level players basically all agreeing on this, I did find 0.9.12c disturbing and being the cynic that I am, I'm expecting another underwhelming buff to follow.
well to me, the current state of maps definition of end game is it is driving players away. Hey you got to maps, you may as well stop playing now. Or just farm for hours and still not have anything to show for it.

I have posted about this specifically here.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
me and 3 friends have just run 8-10 lvl 68+ maps and have gotten NO map drops. I understand you just patched this yesterday; which yesterday we got 4-6 maps... which fed us for tonight... but now we have NO maps when we have been running maps.

Is this bugged????

Please give better information as to why maps dont drop in maps.
IGN - Hammheraubi (Domination)
"
ethone wrote:
Maps as a solution to endgame are so incredibly awesome. The one thing I hate about endgame is being stuck doing the same thing over and over again. I don't care if it's the Pyramid or Fellshrine, if I had to do it over and over again it will get boring quick.
Maps solve that bit beautifully. Even for L60 maps there's diversity in the map types (7 types?) and on top of that we get to roll random mods on them. It's just perfect.

So I would hope that low level maps start becoming frequent enough that there isn't anxiety over running out. I'd love to run high level maps but I can live with them being "rare", special or "unsustainable" unless supported by running more low level maps. Having a L65+ map be something special is fine by me, as long as I don't have to worry about running out of L60 maps.

exactly maps is a nice end game mechanic....GGG why on earth you decide to build it to a grindfest one (rng,low lot drops)...

running 20 docks for a single map is not even remotely funny
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info