maps drop rate

I agree and map drops seems to be worse since the latest patch, not better.

Ghetto 68 +22% pack, +49% area 0% quality
Drops: 0
Catacomb69 +33% pack 74% quality
Drops: 67
Shrine 69 +32% pack 48% quality
Dried 66 36% quality
Reef 68 2 bosses 51% quality
Crypt 66 92% quality
Drops: 66
Mud 68 86% quality
Drops: 67,68
Arcade 67 +32% area 18% quality
S. lair 68 90% quality
Drops: 66
S.forest69 72% quality
Arcade 67 39% quality
"
killbilly wrote:
"
ethone wrote:
Maps as a solution to endgame are so incredibly awesome. The one thing I hate about endgame is being stuck doing the same thing over and over again. I don't care if it's the Pyramid or Fellshrine, if I had to do it over and over again it will get boring quick.
Maps solve that bit beautifully. Even for L60 maps there's diversity in the map types (7 types?) and on top of that we get to roll random mods on them. It's just perfect.

As such though I think we should always be able to run maps. I don't care if it's "just" L60 ones but running out of maps is the one horror that remains with this beautiful system.

So I would hope that low level maps start becoming frequent enough that there isn't anxiety over running out. I'd love to run high level maps but I can live with them being "rare", special or "unsustainable" unless supported by running more low level maps. Having a L65+ map be something special is fine by me, as long as I don't have to worry about running out of L60 maps.

exactly maps is a nice end game mechanic....GGG why on earth you decide to build it to a grindfest one (rng,low lot drops)...

running 20 docks for a single map is not even remotely funny

I completely agree with these posts. If map running is the end game why do we have to keep running Docks (not end game content) to get 1 freaking map after hours of grinding. I know this is an ARPG and grinding is the way but let us grind maps which are varied and fun. Not the same instance over and over. It's not like WOW makes us grind quests to get a dungeon drop and then grind them to raid drops, WTH?

Either increase low level map drop rates so that no more than 5- 10 Docks runs are required for a stock of maps so we can attempt to get higher level maps from these.

And/ Or Let NPCs sell us low level maps.

Everyone knows to transmute/ alch maps and use chisels to get better maps but they hardly ever drop. I don't think RNG is RNG. I think GGG should take a look at their system. If people aren't spending ridiculous amounts of fusings to get 4L, they are spending ridiculous amounts of currency trying to get high lvl maps or grinding Docks for hours trying to get a map!

I also hate trading with players to get maps because the forum/ chat trading system is so tedious and time consuming. Please implement a proper system soon or give us information about these public stash tabs so we have something to look forward to.

This game is supposed to be fun. Grinding Docks is not fun.

My 2 Alt shards, thanks for reading.
IGN: Carmy
Last edited by ArfyBarfy on Mar 31, 2013, 7:18:45 AM
For some reason, I've never had a shortage on maps.

I nearly always get at least 1 map drop in a map, sometimes 2. That was before the patch.
Domination:
Lvl 58 Power Siphon Witch
"
SeikenZ wrote:
For some reason, I've never had a shortage on maps.

I nearly always get at least 1 map drop in a map, sometimes 2. That was before the patch.

Read my post in the thread Chris made in answer to this thread.

The summary is I could be doing the exact same things you are but getting nothing while you get all these maps due to the "extreme randomness" (Chris's words) of the system.

Edit: If you want to see extreme randomness look at the 6L community log. You could be the guy who gets 6L using 5 fusings but I'm the guy using 947 and still no 6L.
IGN: Carmy
Last edited by ArfyBarfy on Mar 31, 2013, 7:43:29 AM
Yeah I've seen that thread. I hope they find a solution for you guys, I can imagine that it's a pain to rely on RNG to even do endgame.

Just found 1x 68 map, 2x 67 maps and 1x 66 map in 1 rare lvl 66 50% QTY map. By far the highest amount of maps that I found in just one map...
Domination:
Lvl 58 Power Siphon Witch
Last edited by SeikenZ on Mar 31, 2013, 9:31:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info