maps drop rate

Well, I can see a lot of numbers but why not to just say that your IIQ was replaced by 24% buff. For people with IIQ lower than 24% the change is going to provide more maps, for people with higer IIQ it is going to provide less maps than before.

✠ ✠
This is interesting now that IIQ does not affect a player's ability to find maps outside of maps. I'll have to see for myself how bad it is once I get both of my current characters to endgame.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Well, the good thing about the new system is that high level palyers can get rid of their low lvl maps to not "waste" their lvl63+. The bad thing is that, well, they can get rid of all maps in general.

My personal break even point for map sustain (measured in IIQ) was about 125ish, for high lvl map ustain my current number is (or was) sufficient, it's about 210.

Whats the esperience that you guys had?
--EDIT1: i make a lot of typos--
--EDIT2: english is not my native language--
"
My personal break even point for map sustain (measured in IIQ) was about 125ish, for high lvl map ustain my current number is (or was) sufficient, it's about 210.

Whats the esperience that you guys had?

I always used around 100 iiq and I could sustain maps on my own but mostly low level ones 61-64. My friends i usually played maps with were running around 200 iiq and could sustain higher ones 64-67 with the ocasional luck of getting a 68 or 69. So what you say sounds pretty accurate in my experience.

After this latest mini-patch I played 4 maps and didn't get any so i took a break. Several other people in game were relaying that they weren't getting many either. I was hoping this patch would make it easier to elevate our map grind. Dissapointed to hear it doesn't.

Edit: Im happy to see player iiq not affecting map drops anymore. I believe that is a step in the right direction, however relying on map quant doesn't seem to be giving the results that were intened so a happy medium has to be found here where players can run normal white or blue maps if they choose and stay low on the map level end or players can use chisels, currency to roll good mods and elevate their map level experience.
Beyeser - 77 Marauder
FuzzyClam - 80 Witch
FishyTaco - 74 Witch
Last edited by Badmotorfinger on Sep 11, 2012, 9:19:03 PM
I was out of maps when the patch hit. I have cleared the pyramids 4 times including final boss and no maps have dropped. I was running around 100 IIQ/IIR before and was able to get a map at least every other run. Hopefully they will adjust this some more.
Originally Posted by battlebug on 12.02.2011:

can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Couple things:

1) Thank you for correcting my math. I had forgot about the 24%.

2) If players think high lvl map players will be selling more maps, well I got news for you, many have decided to play low lvl maps with high IIQ (ironic) in order to gain more currency.

3) Many of us are quite honestly expecting a patch to fix this. Currently, there is absolutely no point in running the high lvl maps. The odds are too stacked against us in order to gain more. It's not worth it.

4) To look at it as a buff for those with less than 29%, honestly, that's a gem. While I do understand the request to not have it tied to IIQ, those players made the CHOICE to either refuse to use a gem, or to not have it on any armor. Again, I see your point, but from the get-go, you knew the current way the game worked, and yet you chose to ignore them.

5) Personally, I will be playing the HC race until a patch is released changing the current way the system works. Whenever I get bored (or die) or running the HC race, I will run low lvl maps. This change will also currently, in the short term, hurt low level players who have been selling their chisels, chaos, & scouring to high lvl players for ever increasing prices IMHO.

6) I feel, that as long as Maze/Area mods are available, they will ALWAYS be the best choice, because they are multiplicative. They allow for the base MF on maps now to be extended for a longer duration. This is why I feel, and have suggested before, that these mods should just be on every map. Honestly, no mater what, these mods are too strong, and they will be the desired mods. If they were automatic, say all maze possible maps are maze, and all +area are say 40-45%, than people will WANT to roll as hard as maps as possible in order to gain that additional IIQ. As long as the mod is there, it will always be too strong. Honestly.

Cheers

Slurms

EDIT: My personal IIQ was 80% with gem, and due to always rolling correct mods, I was able to generate a stash of 10+ 64s, 10+65s, and was slowly building up my 66+ I have run 3 69s. This is all with a IIQ of only 80%. That's how strong the mods are, and will always be.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Sep 11, 2012, 9:52:58 PM
Not sustainable in current form

This is one time when id like to see :-
"We removed the impact of IIQ from gear, but increased the base drop rate to 24% .. THEN WE DOUBLED IT!"

At current numbers id say we lose at least 1 map for every 3 maps ran. Its definitely not sustainable endgame

The maps system is POE endgame for lvl 60-100, endgame= viability and longevity for POE.

This needs to be fixed (and it should be fairly simple to do, just buff the 24% to 50-80% base drop rate)

Other thoughts to help remedy the 9.12c problem:

Map end bosses gaining a higher chance to drop a new map.

"Of Cartography" added as a potential modifier for rare and champion mobs. Mobs with "of cartography" naturally have a much higher chance, or guaranteed chance to drop maps.

Bottom line. leaving it "as is" is not an option
Last edited by blackadda on Sep 11, 2012, 9:57:57 PM
I know I've been trying to farm for my first map for probably a combined 12 hours and still haven't found one yet. I could try and trade for one but the idea was that I wanted to see how long it'd take me to get one by dropping.
Even with the new patch, I still haven't found one yet.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
I know I've been trying to farm for my first map for probably a combined 12 hours and still haven't found one yet. I could try and trade for one but the idea was that I wanted to see how long it'd take me to get one by dropping.
Even with the new patch, I still haven't found one yet.

Same here. I hoped the patch would of changed things, but after 3 hours of grinding in pyramid yesterday i gave up.
15 maps completed today, 2 got lost due to client Disconnecting our entire party and loosing the instance

not one single map dropped.

End game map system still needs a lot of work. Cant really be bothered logging on when i have to just farm for hours and still most likely not get anywhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info