maps drop rate

"
Harder maps already provide more IIQ for maps. They also boosted the IIQ from map modifiers by 50%. So there is a way for a player to increase map drop rate: play harder maps.

Axebane you are wrong mate.

Yesterday patch made it clear IIQ Does not affect Map drop rate so play harder maps will not yeld more maps for ya

that is exactly why we are complaining

I looked at the patch notes and haven't bothered to play because of it.
"
Viperrox wrote:
"
Harder maps already provide more IIQ for maps. They also boosted the IIQ from map modifiers by 50%. So there is a way for a player to increase map drop rate: play harder maps.

Yesterday patch made it clear IIQ Does not affect Map drop rate so play harder maps will not yeld more maps for ya

Incorrect. IIQ from gear dosn't increase map droprate. IIQ from the maps themselves does increase map droprate.
Slowly running out of maps...

Did about 10 maps since this morning (solo and in group) - we found 3 new maps, all of lower or same level as the map we were in.

It was better before 9.12C patch (my IIQ was/is 42%) - if 24% increase in map drops really is a gift to all in the amount of 24% IIQ - then kinda have to agree that every player with IIQ of greater than 24% pre-9.12C patch - feels a little bit disappointed now.

There is a real problem with getting maps now, especially high level maps.

First impression is that 9.12c is not a solution to low map drops. It made it somewhat worse.

Last edited by BigBadWolf1776 on Sep 11, 2012, 2:25:34 PM
Just roll for rare mobs and pack size till they do something about this.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
I'm out of maps now for the first time. A flat 24% isn't enough.
Starting from scratch in open beta.
"
Viperrox wrote:
"

I don't think you understood the patch notes or something. The player's IIQ gear does not increase the drop rate of maps, but maps themselves have modifiers that DO increase the drop rate of maps. They increased those mods by 50% so the harder maps yield more maps than they used to:

"
Chris wrote:

• The player's "Increased Item Quantity" stat does not affect the drop rate of Map items any more. It does still increase the drop rate of everything else inside Maps.
  • Maps now drop 24% more often.
  • The mods on Maps that increase the quantity of items (and Maps) dropped within that Map are now around 50% higher.

Having said that, I think maybe the overall 24% increase in map drop rate should have been more like 30-40%. Either that, or the really difficult map modifiers (like temporal chains) should have been boosted more than 50%.

Actually I think that's the biggest problem with maps right now: No one runs the really difficult maps because the reward is simply not worth it.
"
Angryafrican wrote:
"
Viperrox wrote:
"

Incorrect. IIQ from gear dosn't increase map droprate. IIQ from the maps themselves does increase map droprate.

This is 100% correct, and I'm sorry if I wasnt clear enough or very clear.

I'm asking for a stat to effect this maps more than items to make it more balanced. Or a special stat that applies to maps, giving it a better chance.

Yes there is a stat on maps that allows maps to drop more, however, its not enough.
Thanks Axebane...

I misunderstood it... it is quite clear now, and i fully agree with your statement.

Mainly this:

"
No one runs the really difficult maps because the reward is simply not worth it.
Being a level 82 witch means I get severely penalized XP rates in low level maps. Now with the current map drop rate, I'm forced to run these lame maps since I'm quickly running out of maps from my private reserve. If things don't change, I guess I'll be level 82 until Open Beta hits.

Oh, and that beefed up elemental reflect on mob auras is just freakin' nasty! Basically a lvl 1 mob with ele reflect COULD kill a lvl 82 player just with that mod, LOL! Let's hope the GGG round table knock their heads together and come up with some solutions.

Wraewytche

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info