maps drop rate

Since I ran dry on maps quite a while ago, I haven't bothered to try again. Did patch 0.9.12 bring any improvement to the very poor implementation of maps?

Players need to be able to control how they want to progress into higher level maps. Not be tossed around by rng and stuck with lvl 60 maps for all eternity (or worse, out of maps).

And no, trading for maps is not an option. Any game that requires me to trade to play endgame content is not worth my time. Surviving the said endgame is my own responsibility though.
Wouldn't it be an option to let NPC vendors sell low level maps,60 or 61, just the way they sell other low level stuff, so it is always possible to run maps and engage in the endgame?

The maps should only be available for players that reached the endgame of course. Perhaps a vendor could be positioned in the endgame laboratory?

Last edited by McHuberts on Sep 11, 2012, 4:03:21 AM
"
McHuberts wrote:
Wouldn't it be an option to let NPC vendors sell low level maps,60 or 61, just the way they sell other low level stuff, so it is always possible to run maps and engage in the endgame?

This would be an improvement, but still would mean people are stuck in low level maps for all eternity, unless they beat the system and improve their map droprate to work their way up in map level.

Unless X% map difficulty (rare with proper difficult mods) would guarantee equal or better level map drops, then a vendor would be enough to get started.
Map drop rate is worse now.

If you are out of maps, you are screwed. There is NOTHING in game to do to help you improve your map drop rate now. Before you could stack IIQ and at least progress. Sure people would then say "IIQ is required for end game" there is a whole debate on that.

But the point is now, there is nothing you can do. They removed IIQ which I would say most people had over 25% IIQ, and most people understanding how map drop rates worked had likely 100+% and likely the IIQ support gem.

So with the 24% increased map drop rate is really a -1% to a -100%+ decrease in map drops.

If you thought map drop rate was bad before and you had over 24% IIQ. You will hate it more now.

All this did was make it so people could get more maps if they had 0% to 23% IIQ. Anyone with more than that is getting less maps. For me, Im getting much less maps, before the patch I found normally about 3 to 5 maps per map at 150%IIQ.
Now I'm lucky to find 1.
They say these increased the higher level map drop rate. Well I did 3 maps at level 64, and 2 at level 65 (Ones I had from before) and got a total of 5 maps. 3 60s, 1 61, and 1 62.

This is all running my same gear build as I would normally run it (120% to 150% depending on resists needed)

My thoughts is that people shouldnt be stuck doing Fell, or Pyramids when they are at the map level. I can understand if they are upgrading maps from lower to higher level and that causes them to run out of maps, but you should get a map drop most of the time per map and I would even say mostly closer to 1.5 per map.

Worse is there should be a system where you can effect how often maps drop. Maybe taking on harder maps, or a new affix on maps to increase the map drop rate, but makes the map harder. Something if they dont want it to tie to IIQ.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. Just ran a few maps and got nothing out of it, before the patch my abysmal IIQ would have at least gotten me 1-2 maps out of the 5 I ran. I think that getting map drops independent from IIQ generally is the right move but as of now, it made matters even worse.
IGN: Yeph
Map drop rate is REALLY worse now.

I did mine last 3 64 maps and a 63 map this morning before come to work.

2 of this maps had area increase and the map 63 had a 70% pack size(pre-patch map) all them were Rare Maps.

NONE of this maps dropped a single 62+ map, in fact it only dropped a 61 map from one of the 64's.

Usually before this patch i could manage to get at least one or two 64 to keep running maps aiming for a high level one, now i need to go back to low exp 60-61 maps =(.
So increase the map drop rate from 24% to ~70%.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
Alternalo wrote:
So increase the map drop rate from 24% to ~70%.

One thing I dont like about this is that now IIQ is much less valued. (Still good)

There is also nothing that a player can do to increase the map drop rate nor change the types of maps that drops nor the level of maps that drop.

I would love to see a mod on maps that increase the map drop rate, the map level drop range, and the type of maps that drop.

With this new mod, you could plan your playstyle and farming on what you want. Harder map mods would yield more map drops. Maybe even a new orb that could help increase the map drop rate or type of maps.

I dont expect any of this to get put in, but I believe that is what would be best overall. Maps are a great system and I love them, however, this new change makes it so I end up running out of maps and pushes me not to play with my friends.
"
MrDDT wrote:

There is also nothing that a player can do to increase the map drop rate nor change the types of maps that drops nor the level of maps that drop.

I would love to see a mod on maps that increase the map drop rate, the map level drop range, and the type of maps that drop.

With this new mod, you could plan your playstyle and farming on what you want. Harder map mods would yield more map drops. Maybe even a new orb that could help increase the map drop rate or type of maps.

Harder maps already provide more IIQ for maps. They also boosted the IIQ from map modifiers by 50%. So there is a way for a player to increase map drop rate: play harder maps.
"
MrDDT wrote:

If you make this a mod you will be restricted to roll that type of map to progress. Anything else will be worthless, and you end up with rolling the map till you get those map bonuses.

Thats why i requested to raise the base drop rate of the maps even higher.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info