[0.11] iFartThunder's HC Lightning Strike Marauder

"
BillyC wrote:
Thanks for reply, just wondering how much you paid for your sword? And what's a reasonable price for one that's 400+ DPS

I didn't pay a lot for mine. Traded it for a few items back when 1-month was still fresh and people needed gear. I happened to have some gear that the guy needed so we traded. After that I 6-linked it myself.

I just bought another sword thats a bit better than the one I'm currently wearing.

The speed is what sets this sword a part from most other high dps ones. It will scale insanely well with elemental damage from auras, gear etc.

I'm still in the process of 6L'ing that one though.

If you want to compare this is what I'm currently using:

Dps on that sword is around 452 or so. The other one I'm linking is 475 pretty much (no quality on it now, since I'm linking it).

But the speed is what's gonna set those swords apart. Will probably sell my current sword, if I manage to get it linked.

Price for 400+dps?

Hard to say. I threw 7 exalts after my new unlinked sword. The one I'm using right now is probably 20+ exalts because of the 6L.

If you want REALLY top end stuff it's going to be expensive.

But I think you can get a decent sword around 400dps or a bit more for way less.

Thanks for taking your time for that long response.

Let me know if you sell your old sword, i'm really interested Thanks :)

Just one more Question , does elemental ( Fire , ice , or lightning ) damage do anything at all for our DPS ? Is it included into the total DPS of the weapon ?
Last edited by BillyC on Jun 21, 2013, 2:10:57 PM
"
BillyC wrote:
Thanks for taking your time for that long response.

Let me know if you sell your old sword, i'm really interested Thanks :)

Just one more Question , does elemental ( Fire , ice , or lightning ) damage do anything at all for our DPS ? Is it included into the total DPS of the weapon ?

Any damage element works. Lightning is probably preferable since it will make your shocks last longer, but that's just a minor difference.

Added damage on gear, if that's what you mean, is good whether its light, fire or cold and is included into the total dps. Same goes for for elemental mods on a weapon.

I'f you mouse over your tooltip, you can see the different elemental damage it does.

Keep in mind that the tooltip is somewhat misguiding, since it only displays the melee attack, but it still gives a pretty good idea of how your damage is divided.

Last edited by Eightkilo on Jun 21, 2013, 3:03:48 PM
Thanks. Helps alot , Great build.. made about 7 different characters to mid 70s.. this one being my favorite
hey i noticed that u didnt picked up unwavering stance.. is that unnecessary ?
"
azothshock wrote:
hey i noticed that u didnt picked up unwavering stance.. is that unnecessary ?

The only time I miss unwavering stance is on vulnerability maps. But even then, it's not that bad.
On all other maps I very rarely get stunned.

Plus enfeeble is way stronger without it.

Hey Eight, I just reached 66 with this build.. and decided to try a Dungeon map. My Armor is about 8.2k , DPS : 7.8k , HP :2k with Reserved.. Anyway, decided to try Dungeon map.. everyhing went super well. Cleared most of it in about 2-3 minutes. Once i got the the boss ( Brutus i believe ? ) , he 2 shots me. I was pretty disappointed to say the least, but maybe i'm doing something wrong. Any advice? Thanks!

Last edited by NemoSushi on Jun 23, 2013, 12:10:09 PM
"
NemoSushi wrote:
Hey Eight, I just reached 66 with this build.. and decided to try a Dungeon map. My Armor is about 8.2k , DPS : 7.8k , Health Almost 3k with Reserved.. Anyway, decided to try Dungeon map.. everyhing went super well. Cleared most of it in about 2-3 minutes. Once i got the the boss ( Brutus i believe ? ) , he 2 shots me. I was pretty disappointed to say the least, but maybe i'm doing something wrong. Any advice? Thanks!

This is, unfortunately, true for all melee builds. There are things you need to avoid, no matter what build you use in melee range.

A boss like Brutus in dungeon, Kole in colonnade, Vaal in maze or even Fidelitas in mine are deadly in melee range. Run those maps in a group or skip the boss, unless your certain you can take a few hits and be able to kill the boss before he kills you.

As a Lightning striker, you fortunately have the option to stay out of melee range and still be useful in groups.

But until something is (hopefully) done to ease the pain of being a melee character in boss fights, skip those specific bosses or get a group for it.

Work on getting more health. 3k is fairly low, even after reserved auras. In time you can kill Brutus relatively safe solo.

Level 66 melee doing Brutus with 3k health is pretty boss though ;) I would have been surprised if he didn't drop you.

This is a great build though, leveling from 1-66 took only about 3 days using the proper uniques , Would you recommend using any skele or deocy totem to help? Do you use anything to take the focus off you when fighting those bosses? I'm pretty much planning on soloing all the way, ( friends all quit ). Oh and i'm using a 18% Accury base +150 Accuracy mod Sword, would you recommend dropping RT ?

EDIT : Just attemped Dunes, don't even know why i tried.. Blacksmith isnt friendly at all lol. Guess i should just skip bosses for now
Last edited by NemoSushi on Jun 23, 2013, 5:11:38 PM
Can you explain the covenant/alpha's howl thing a little more? I have the covenant and tried it and it didn't seem to do anything............unless of course I missed it which is entirely possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info