[0.11] iFartThunder's HC Lightning Strike Marauder

"
wired_wicked wrote:
Can you explain the covenant/alpha's howl thing a little more? I have the covenant and tried it and it didn't seem to do anything............unless of course I missed it which is entirely possible.

When you equip either covenant or malachais, you can cast blood magic auras without the blood magic (gem) increased mana cost. Just as if you had the blood magic passive.

Equip one of them and cast a flat aura like grace, wrath etc. You will see it reserves your life for those auras. If you had just used the blood magic gem the cost would be doubled.

Alphas work in the same way, except it doesn't give you blood magic but 8% less mana reserved. In theory you can use both at the same time, if your flat auras are on your boots, gloves or weapon.

"
NemoSushi wrote:
This is a great build though, leveling from 1-66 took only about 3 days using the proper uniques , Would you recommend using any skele or deocy totem to help? Do you use anything to take the focus off you when fighting those bosses? I'm pretty much planning on soloing all the way, ( friends all quit ). Oh and i'm using a 18% Accury base +150 Accuracy mod Sword, would you recommend dropping RT ?

EDIT : Just attemped Dunes, don't even know why i tried.. Blacksmith isnt friendly at all lol. Guess i should just skip bosses for now

If you plan on going strictly solo, then some kind of decoy might be a good idea, be it skele totem or decoy totem.

I used decoy totem a bit in the beginning, but they usually die after 2 or so boss hits, so you have to recast it constantly, which I didn't really like.

If you have the socket room for it, it's a good idea.

If you were to drop RT, you would need a decent ammount of crit chance aswell, otherwise theres no point really. I wanted to do that after patch, since I could remove static blows that way, but there was just too few crit passives to make it worth it. Wouldn't suggest it.

Guess ill run with Skele Totem for the time being. Why don't you take the Point Blank node? Is it just a matter of preference ? Are you running with a Kaom's at the moment ?
Last edited by NemoSushi on Jun 24, 2013, 12:22:53 PM
Thanks so much for this guide. I've been playing for a week or so now. Respecced on of my toons and I'm loving it. Quick question: Did you drop Inner Force? Or was it in the guide at some point? I don't know why I thought that was in the build. Guess that's 6 or so skill points I can put to better use now. Didn't make a lot of sense now that I think about it?

I have a couple questions about aura management I'll have to post later.
Last edited by zethca on Jun 24, 2013, 6:31:24 PM
"
zethca wrote:
Thanks so much for this guide. I've been playing for a week or so now. Respecced on of my toons and I'm loving it. Quick question: Did you drop Inner Force? Or was it in the guide at some point? I don't know why I thought that was in the build. Guess that's 6 or so skill points I can put to better use now. Didn't make a lot of sense now that I think about it?

I have a couple questions about aura management I'll have to post later.

It was in the guide previously yeah, but I dropped it some while after 0.11.
I will probably pick it up again at some point, if I get a Kaom's Heart for example, but for now I'll rather put those points into life.

"
BillyC wrote:
Thanks for taking your time for that long response.

Let me know if you sell your old sword, i'm really interested Thanks :)

Sword is now set for sale here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/436747

What about GMP or LMP, does they go whit this build?
"
Nokru wrote:
What about GMP or LMP, does they go whit this build?

LMP or GMP are not very effective with LS in my opinion. LMP can be used if you really really want to, but there are better gems available and with some pratice you pretty much hit everything on the screen regardless. GMP is out of the question. Both because of damage reduction and it will probably destroy your fps.

one thing i don't get is what armour should i aim for
i have 1.4k ar on chest and grace/det are on lvl 18, i dropped my dps nodes to get the ar nodes from marau tree and templar tree and now i'm at ~ 10k (99xx) armour
well even with this + enfeeble the boss from tropical island a 66 area hits me for 700+- dmg.
i'm just curious if this is gonna be a problem on later maps (im not progressing right now just mfing on lower maps, but my ar is basically this on my normal gear)
Is LS used for both AOE and single target?
IGN- HeartUnderBladeShinobu

My shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000958
Standard Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/499992

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info