[0.11] iFartThunder's HC Lightning Strike Marauder

with a sword you spend 3 passives to get the dps nodes while with axes you spend 5
the increased attack speed is the same and the phys % bonus is like 5 more so its not worth it
ofc you have shit luck like me you have to use axe cuz you cant find a good sword :D
hi there a question, does the passive node iron grip increase lightning strike dmg? i don't see any change at the dmg tooltip.

thx for answers, stay save
"
duke2k4 wrote:
hi there a question, does the passive node iron grip increase lightning strike dmg? i don't see any change at the dmg tooltip.

thx for answers, stay save

Yes it does. It increases the damage of your projectiles.

The tooltip only displays the single target melee part of the attack and not the lightning projectiles, unfortunately.

"
Xanin wrote:
Hi, cant seem to get the twitch link to show me ur poe video, only has the D3 multiboxes, would lloe to see this in action before i pick my marauder's reset tree and gems.

My videos gets deleted because they get too old. I don't stream very often, so theres no VOD's on the twitch site at the moment, besides my old ones from back in my d3 days. I'll try and make a few videos and save them as highlights, so they won't get deleted this time.

"
freestylexgp wrote:
I haven't played this game forever but I use dual axes and was wondering if your axe build is for a 2h axe or dual wielding or single axe with a shield. Also, what are the advantages of using a sword over axes for a ls build since I see that's what you're using? I have a free reset and was wondering if I should give this a try.

Like viniciusxis said: the sword nodes are better located and has more bang for bucks than the rest of the weapon nodes. Dps wise anyway.

The axe version is for 2h axe.

Hey man, just a couple of questions

Why does your build not need Blood Magic gem ?
is life leech ( Carnage Heart ) REQUIRED? If not, i rather replace it with a IIR/IIQ amulet?
Also can i still achieve this build starting off as Duelist ?
Last edited by BillyC on Jun 20, 2013, 11:43:10 AM
"
BillyC wrote:

is life leech ( Carnage Heart ) REQUIRED? If not, i rather replace it with a IIR/IIQ amulet?

Hey, I am wondering the same thing. How are you supposed to do this without blood magic passive or gems? Do you have to have the uniques? Im currently trying this build on Anarchy and its not working so well. I dont have near enough mana to use my attack skills. I need some major help, lol. Im poor and have no uniques, lol.
"
stevendf wrote:
"
BillyC wrote:

Hey, I am wondering the same thing. How are you supposed to do this without blood magic passive or gems? Do you have to have the uniques? Im currently trying this build on Anarchy and its not working so well. I dont have near enough mana to use my attack skills. I need some major help, lol. Im poor and have no uniques, lol.

Some sort of leech is required if you want to be safe. You can get that leech from either gem or gear (carnage heart mainly). The reason carnage is a very good option in the beginning is that you free up a gem, since you probably won't be running a 6L right away. Life leech gem is more effective, but at low-mid maps the leech from carnage is more than enough with decent dps.

You don't need blood magic gem usually with a 4L or 5L usually. You do however, need at least 2% mana leech, if you don't use blood magic gem.

A good option if your gear is bad and have low currency is wurms molt. The cheap unique belt with 2% life leech and 2% mana leech. Unfortunately carnage heart is not an option in the new leagues. Using a life leech gem might be your best option. But you can STILL get enough leech from amulet, rings and gloves to replace that gem. You can get 10% in total if you have it on all pieces in fact.

Another option, and what I'm currently doing on HC, is to use leech on gear (got a 4% amulet and 2% gloves) and then use a life on hit gem instead of life leech gem. That way you both leech a decent ammount but also gain instant health back on hits, which is good on reflect etc).

But back to your mana issue. As a rule of thumb, you want to at least have mana for around 2 multistrike attacks. You have to run clarity aswell (around level 8-10 is enough) and then of course have the minimum of 2% mana leech.

"
BillyC wrote:

No. My build does not really get close to the duelist starting tree.

The reason I started marauder was to avoid those "melee physical nodes" that are in the start of both duelist and templar.

Those points are not very effective since it only affects your melee strike.

Thanks. I see I need to work on better gear and mana leech.
Thanks for reply, just wondering how much you paid for your sword? And what's a reasonable price for one that's 400+ DPS
why multistrike? doesnt tat reduces our damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info