[0.11] iFartThunder's HC Lightning Strike Marauder

After several requests to make a guide for my lightning strike build I've decided to give it a go.

I am currently lvl 93 with 20k dps and ~8k health after reserved auras.

Pro's of build:

Incredibly fun!
High dps
High life
Decent armor
Amazing group utility (7 auras and triple shock stack the entire screen with ele prolif)
Performs very good solo aswell
You only need a 4L to be efficient (ran with 4L untill lvl 86)
Reflect is manageable even with high dps

Con's

Fairly gear dependent
Can be laggy in groups
So addictive that you cant stop playing

Passive tree

Sword version:

Staff version:

Axe version:

Mace version:

Key parts of gear:

Quality lightning strike (chance to pierce is mandatory when using LS)
Life leach on gear, if not using gem (you can use Carnage heart which gives you 7-10% life leech but reduces you life a bit. Worth if though.)
Mana leech from gear (if you don't go blood magic. 2% is enough to sustain mana with clarity. Wurm's molt is a cheap way to get 2% if you have trouble finding a good ring or gloves)

Auras

Purity, Determination, Hatred. On life: Wrath, Anger, Clarity, Grace

Drop clarity if you use BM gem.

Support gems

4L : Multistrike, faster attacks, weapon elemental dmg
5L : Multistrike, faster attacks, weapon elemental dmg, elemental prolif (or blood magic)
6L : Multistrike, faster attacks, weapon elemental dmg, blood magic, elemental prolif (or life leech if you want to get rid of carnage heart)

For elemental reflect maps I swap out weapon elemental damage for life leech.

Current gear

Spoiler

Bandit rewards

Normal: Help oak for life or get passive point if you are the lucky owner of a Kaom's Heart.
Cruel: Help Kraityn for attack speed or Oak for physical damage.
Merciless: Help oak for endurance charge

Curse:

Projectile weakness, elemental weakness or conductivity. Using elemental weakness myself.

Videos

Solo 2 random 73 maps: (without life leech gem)

Canyon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLh4G17kPwg
Dry Peninsula: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jjB76SVhOc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know if I forgot something.

/Eightkilo

Last edited by Eightkilo on Aug 29, 2013, 2:20:28 PM
Very effective endgame build; suprised it hasn't made it to exilepro yet..
Nice 6link sword :)

So to proliferate shocks you need at least a 5link? Or would you consider putting it in a 4link lightning strike?
Immortal King WW Marauder build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348782/page/1
ign: Peresvet
"
Deen1983 wrote:
Nice 6link sword :)

So to proliferate shocks you need at least a 5link? Or would you consider putting it in a 4link lightning strike?

I wouldn't use prolif in a 4L. The dps loss of either weapon elemental dmg or faster attacks is simply too much. You still shock a lot.

"Let me know if I forgot something."

You forgot to pick up that Multistrike in your video. :(
"
Pixelite wrote:
"Let me know if I forgot something."

You forgot to pick up that Multistrike in your video. :(

Yeah noticed :(

Thanks for sharing, could you provide some suggestions on the order of passive nodes to pick?

I would like to drawn upon your wealth of experience when following your build :p

Thanks in advance.
ign: PhaseCharge
"
bardiche89 wrote:
Thanks for sharing, could you provide some suggestions on the order of passive nodes to pick?

I would like to drawn upon your wealth of experience when following your build :p

Thanks in advance.

I'll try :)

What I did in the 1-month was to level as ele cleave, so I picked up Resolute Technique and continued towards templar tree first and then pick up inner focus. I also took the big health nodes on the way. I didn't take iron grip before somewhere late merciless because I simply didn't have the right gear for going lightning strike, since it was a race.

After that I start rushing through the middle towards Iron Reflexes, only taking as few health nodes as possible to stay alive. Something like this:

Then I went to the left getting Golem's blood, berserking etc.
After that, you should be around where you start doing maps, so it's pretty much up to you what you need the most. I started building up my endurance charges for the extra bit of survivability and getting whatever life nodes I skipped on the way. At this point I also went lightning strike so I got Iron Grip and respecced out of the increased aoe nodes in templar and took the slaughter node in templar tree instead.

This is where I am right right now at 87:

I am picking up the dmg nodes at the very last, because my dmg is already very good. Sitting at 12,5k dps and clearing very fast.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

Last edited by Eightkilo on May 27, 2013, 1:20:59 AM
Brilliant and insightful. Thank-you!
ign: PhaseCharge
Nice guide m8.
Im going to use this but i was thinking hitting crit for this.
Am i complete idiot..? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info