[0.11] iFartThunder's HC Lightning Strike Marauder

"
emil1979 wrote:
Got a question.
Would you take the "wrecking ball" near the "point blank" keystone
instead of lets say 4 x 6% life nodes if you were playing standard league ?
I mean it is quite boost to be ignored.

It is definitely a possibility. The only reason I personally havent picked up those nodes, is because if I buff my damage further, reflect will become a serious problem.
But then again. I have pretty good gear. If you don't have reflect problems, I would say go for it. Those are indeed some very strong nodes only outmatched by the sword nodes in the bottom tree.

I actually recommend everyone to try and do variations of the build. It can be hard to find the balance between survivability and damage output, so if you feel you are strong in one area but lack in others try and balance them out.

For example. The build I use right now is a bit different than the "main build" I posted in my OP. Use it as a guideline.

I changed a few things because I needed some extra resistances and decided to try Inner Force again - so this is what mine looks like atm.

I'm also not using endurance charges anymore, so I removed those. But I dont recommend that without a Kaoms.

Last edited by Eightkilo on Aug 13, 2013, 9:34:56 AM
Thanks for answering.

I guess your passive tree pattern is the most efficient in terms of life nodes, and for LS build as well. I have another 2 "test" marauders (lv 69 and 77) and used different patterns while studying the mechanics of the game. But none of them could have life as much as this build. Anyway this should be a general build, I mean with minor changes you can reach any other important nodes. I have tried the first two marauders with Maces - not bad for mid game, but for end game -SUCKS. Definitely swords , especially with those insane passive nodes.
Maybe downside, without Kaom as you mentioned, it is a bit weak I have not take any endurance charges and quite frankly I need to be rather cautious, cant really face a mob and bosses are appealing , despite having 11k armour and 4k life. Currently I have 15.5k DPS which is ok solo, but in groups my contributions looks negligible , may be when get 6 sockets and add elemental proliferation the things will change.
Somewhere in the comments you showed other temporary passive tree selection where instead inner force you got 2 x 30 int. nodes + 2 x 6% res. nodes. I am playing with that one. I think the most used blue gems for this build are:

wrath - lv 20: 150 int.
elemental weakness lv 20: 151 int.
purity - lv 20: 96 int.
elemental proliferation - lv 20: 108 int
rather optional: conductivity and faster casting

It seems legit to get inner force. In your current build you have base 94 int, I reckon you need 14+ int on gear ( just to reach max. lv of EP). So levelling the gems up to that point and get compensated by buffing all auras seems reasonable. Buffed hatred compensates lower level wrath, lower elemental weakness is compensated by the buff itself and so on...
Last edited by emil1979 on Aug 14, 2013, 12:31:57 AM
Updated. Made a few minor changes to tree.

Would this build work well with the new mace?

@Domerman
Nace guide, dude
I was thinking of doing this build except with a 1hmace shield combined. Would that be viable?
Amazing build, I would swap FA for MPD though, tons more dps than FA which stacks onto existing ias.

"
xacebop wrote:
I was thinking of doing this build except with a 1hmace shield combined. Would that be viable?

no 6 link, not to mention you need a sick 1hander to match his 2hander's base dps.

Its got more than enough hp, armor and resists to survive even the hardest content, craziest maps, burst damage from bosses like spinecrack, loathe, carnage, oak, kraityn, blacksmith, piety, megaera, vaal, weaver, hybrid weaver etc

Yes it doesnt have any form of avoidance to attacks. Only 5% evasion, no block, no dodge. BUT you could swap FA for blind if you want to imitate 75% block, since he didn't take US ... blind can be used.

"
kingJW wrote:
Would this build work well with the new mace?

looks and sounds so cool ^^ it has less dps and attack speed than OP's sword tho

The free RT is cool, the resists very nice

the onslaught is nice, but this build has very low crit chance to make it work, 'just' for 20 ias

my opinions.
Last edited by jsn006 on Sep 12, 2013, 3:11:18 AM
Hey dude, It's some nice guide u have here.
I have no idea what the covenant is tho and would be nice if u could link me the thing.. I have used my full reset for this build on my marauder and it turned out that on my lvl 72 marauder with:
hp: 3092 ( 2555 with reserved auras )
dps: 7,4k
Armour: 6,9k

I can do normal maps but at the end boss on lvl 66 maps I end up dead. As I have red its a normal issue. But I am lvl 72 alrdy and not being able to do lvl 66 maps kinda is annoying. Also I wanna add that I wont be able to get kaom's heart anytime soon since I am very low on currency. I really want to know how to improve and what to improve..

My equips are
Spoiler

Could u tell me what to improve and change? :c I REALLY need help and would appreciate it badly!

Here is my skill path
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsw6tFE0VIBjbGS4aOB0UIWAn7SkuKaUqTSzpMgkyfjKJNuk64TwtPfw_J0CgQT9DnEp9UeZUSVXGV-JYY1nzW69fP2aeZ5tnoGe9bPZuqnKpdPF35Xq4fLh82Yd2iPGMBozPj0aQVZuhnrmiAKSsplenhKlorKquk7Qvtz653cAaxPbGrsbYz2XQ0NSP3Q3eweNq5K3nUudj7Djub-8O707wH_Iv8kXz3fZI-tL8xf4K
Is this build still viable now in release?
It needs some reworking I'd think.

Right now I'm attempting a similar build with the Scion starting point. Should have some more input in a few days. I'd play with my Maurader but he's stick in HC and I don't feel like re-rolling for Nemesis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info