[0.11] iFartThunder's HC Lightning Strike Marauder

What kind of weapon is good for LS? Are you going for high physical weapons with high attack speed?
Also can you explain Iron Grip? How the bonus damage is converted for projectile damage?
I have 13.7k DPS with 6.7k Life using a one hander and a shield. On your tree, you have some wasted points that could be better used.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OrRQgFE0Y2xkuGjgaVR0UIWAn7SmlMgkyiTboNuk6UjqzOuE8LUCgQ5xHfkp9UEdQUFPfVElVxlcNV-JYY1jbWfNbr18_YEthIWSjZU1mnmegah5uaXKpdO108Xbnd-V6uHrvfNmE2YTvh3aI8YzPj0aQCpBVm4OeuZ7NogCmV6cwp4SoGKvFrKquk7T5tz653b6nwA_AGsT2xq7G2M9l0NDSIdJN2WHdDd-_42rnUudj7DjvDu9O8B_yL_JF8932SPrS_MX-Cg==

That is my build.

Gear
Spoiler

Those are the main items along with my chest (which is being used by my alt right now)
IGN: Meowauder
IGN: ThatOneGuyThatllDie
I have question(I am new player)

Elementalist
10% increased Elemental Damage
+10 intelligence

this passive not useful ?
Michael
"
Tripnotik wrote:
Nice guide m8.
Im going to use this but i was thinking hitting crit for this.
Am i complete idiot..? :D

Nope. You can do a crit build with this. In fact, I'm gonna try that in 0.11.0. Going to skip static blows and inner force and go for some crit/accuracy instead. Will update the build after patch of course and include a crit build aswell.

"
MichaelCMS wrote:
I have question(I am new player)

Elementalist
10% increased Elemental Damage
+10 intelligence

this passive not useful ?

It's useful, but its 2 points to get there. That means 5 int + 5 elemental dmg for 1 point. You can get a 30 int node instead, if you lack int, and there are better damage nodes in the tree.

"
Shocky1000 wrote:
I have 13.7k DPS with 6.7k Life using a one hander and a shield. On your tree, you have some wasted points that could be better used.

Is that even a LS build? You have neither iron grip nor static blows?

That build is VERY different from mine. You limit yourself to 3 auras when taking up blood magic and yours have less life, no endurance charges and less damage nodes aswell. Also lava lash? That's a wasted point right there unless you run added fire, which I wouldnt recommend.

"
ffca wrote:
Also can you explain Iron Grip? How the bonus damage is converted for projectile damage?

Iron grip does to projectiles what strength does to melee physical damage.
Let's say you have 100 strength. Thats +20% to melee physical damage AND to projectiles (with iron grip).

I will update my build on wednesday when we get a look at the new passive tree.

The dps of this build will definately get a good boost from the increased physical dmg changes. Going to be very interesting.

Last edited by Eightkilo on Jun 3, 2013, 12:21:52 PM
"
ffca wrote:
What kind of weapon is good for LS? Are you going for high physical weapons with high attack speed?

The most optimal is high physical, attack speed and 1 high elemental roll.

But in general - a high physical fast 2h is the way to go.

Oh and I would also like to add that this build is a beast for IIR/IIQ map farming.

I've been doing 66-69 maps lately with 285 rarity and 65 quantity, while still maintaining 4,2k life and 10,5k dps.

This is mainly because this build is still strong with a 4L and I can use the last 2 links for IIR+IIQ.

Gear I use for magic farming low maps:

Spoiler

Auraus are the same as if I was using a 4L: Purity, Determination, Hatred. On life: Wrath, Grace, Anger and Clarity.

Last edited by Eightkilo on Jun 3, 2013, 12:18:42 PM
Updated videos, since my last one was expired on twitch.

Hey Mate interested to see what you are doing with your Build since patch
"
keighbanger wrote:
Hey Mate interested to see what you are doing with your Build since patch

Initially I wanted to go for crit, skipping static blows and inner focus, but the 3 crit nodes available for 2handed weapons are just not sufficient enough.

So I decided to stick with my original build with a few changes.

I removed 10x 6% life nodes to get the armour nodes in the marauder tree and the sword nodes below duelist tree.

My passive tree looks like this now:

Sitting at 19,5k dps and 4,9k health. (4,5k after reserved auras)

I'm gonna keep testing a few different ideas but so far this is looking good. Damage is insane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info