Failed to connect to instance

Europe gateway seems to work, thought
not only sg isp are affected.
me and my friend which are not from sg are also affected by this.
some of my friend in korea and malaysia also getting this issue.
i hope the dev/mod can clarify this.
Auckland you appear to have a problem.

I think there are enough posters and in game messages to suggest that the last patch or some other game issue is causing this problem. The problem has just appeared, it was not experienced before and is affecting multiple users. Suggesting people change firewall settings and open ports when this was not needed previously is probably not the way forward. Firstly not everyone knows how to do this and secondly suggesting people take down their firewall is dangerous even for a short time!

I have no firewall running now and still have the same problems. Also do you know how long it takes to open 30 odd thousand ports when you are using Windows Firewall, as you cannot set a range and have to run a cmd script! Hours!

POE is an excellent game! And I understand you are still in beta, but hopefully this will prompt errr...better developer testing...sorry guys most of what you do is excellent....and a more measured response to an escalating issue. We are happy with "we recognize the problem and are working on it" rather than its the user problem (either hardware or software) that has just appeared on your computer after not being there before.

You fellas have a great product and I am not slamming you at all (I am an expat Kiwi and very proud of what you have done), just offering some advice for when you have many millions playing the game!

Cheers

VietnamKiwi
"
Sivarion wrote:
Auckland you appear to have a problem.

I think there are enough posters and in game messages to suggest that the last patch or some other game issue is causing this problem. The problem has just appeared, it was not experienced before and is affecting multiple users. Suggesting people change firewall settings and open ports when this was not needed previously is probably not the way forward. Firstly not everyone knows how to do this and secondly suggesting people take down their firewall is dangerous even for a short time!

I have no firewall running now and still have the same problems. Also do you know how long it takes to open 30 odd thousand ports when you are using Windows Firewall, as you cannot set a range and have to run a cmd script! Hours!

POE is an excellent game! And I understand you are still in beta, but hopefully this will prompt errr...better developer testing...sorry guys most of what you do is excellent....and a more measured response to an escalating issue. We are happy with "we recognize the problem and are working on it" rather than its the user problem (either hardware or software) that has just appeared on your computer after not being there before.

You fellas have a great product and I am not slamming you at all (I am an expat Kiwi and very proud of what you have done), just offering some advice for when you have many millions playing the game!

Cheers

VietnamKiwi

I second this, there are no reason to forward ports for no reason; furthermore the game was working fine prior to the latest patch. C`mon be honest, this is more of a server problem rather than a user "without a proper port forwarding issue"

So for all the months I have played POE, now I have to forward 30 odd thousands port just so I can connect to instance ? I know forum dev are trying to help and I don't want to be rude but please don't treat some of us as tech noob.

This issue only started recently, so something is not right on the back-end not the user-end.

Shall await a fix, I am not wasting my lab maps over and over again to get thrown out my failed to connect to instance.
Last edited by yuuram on Feb 18, 2013, 8:26:03 AM
was fine before the patch...then was trying to play with friend after the patch...
disconnected nearly every single time into an instance...
just don't think its our end problem...more like server-end
As a clarification I am connecting from Taipei and I am experiencing this issue. I have now experienced it while in a solo game as well. I think I need to wait until some announcement / fix. I keep dying and losing 15% exp to lag deaths is very painful. I have basically lost over a lvl already.
Go to Europe server..go to any waypoint but not your last waypoint..then logout and login in America server..go to your last saved progress waypoiint..continue your game progress..this works for me..
keep getting this error, unplayable now...
IGN: KO_Beast
"
Rory wrote:
You'll need to allow ports 32768-61000, I believe. Let me know if this doesn't help!

Damn, if that's the case, then I'm SOL.

My router settings are in Kanji. I can't read Kanji, and I only sort of understand how to setup port forwarding.
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
Strange, having the same issue. I connect from Hong Kong to Singapore servers and cannot get into fetid pool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info