Failed to connect to instance

"
Brutaller wrote:
do i have to allow every single port between 32768-61000 or just these two?

You have to allow the whole range, but only for outgoing connections.

You shouldn't have to do any port forwarding at all - the client just needs to be allowed to connect out on those ports (port forwarding is usually done to allow incoming connections).

For those of you without a router, you'll need to try disabling your Windows firewall or any other firewall/anti-virus/security software you may be running.

Once you figure out which bit of software is blocking the connections, you should be able to re-enable your security software and configure it to allow the client access through it. Without knowing what software you are running I can't really be any more specific than that sorry.
i solved it... i turned firewall off and i still got problems... i always must wonder if i get to instance or not... it seems randomly to me if i connect or not... but even on three tries i couldnt enter ship graveyard... i ran/potion whole map to get there 3times.... im getting sick of it

by the way grinding gear games got some nice bunch of administrators there... youre always active and i much appreciate it.

thx for any help
Brutaller
Last edited by Brutaller on Aug 30, 2012, 5:47:21 AM
For everyone that uses Hamachi.
Try to deactivate it in the "network connections".
Solved the problem for me.
"
SubString wrote:
For everyone that uses Hamachi.
Try to deactivate it in the "network connections".
Solved the problem for me.

Worked! man do you have a fanclub?? or Worship club? I'd like to join! xD
"
Rory wrote:
You'll need to allow ports 32768-61000, I believe. Let me know if this doesn't help!

worked fine for me.
thnx!
Ive tried enabling ports 32768-61000, turning off my firewall, and switching to the Europe server and back but nothing is working.

I am out of ideas....

=(

p.s. Ive already reinstalled once with no effect
Last edited by CrimsonSea on Dec 20, 2012, 9:28:04 AM
I am having this exact same problem. I repeatedly get sent to the login screen after trying to zone. Firewall is turned off and I have tried switching gateways to no long term effect. Per advice I discovered in another thread, I also uninstalled my VPN client. I can usually zone 1-2 times at most before this happens to me and very often I will have to log on 3-4 times just to move my guy across 1 zone. If I don't find the waypoints quickly, this makes for some exceptionally long and frustrating journeys through act 1 and 2.

I think it is worth mentioning that since I started playing, especially at the very beginning, it hasn't always been this way. I know that makes it seem like there must be something that has changed at my end but I honestly can't think of anything. I know there have been some patches and it really makes me wonder whether those have had any effect.

Please, any ideas or help in this matter would be appreciated.
do you guys really have no idea whats going on? i mean.. i still cant play a game i paid for =(

i will post video of problem on request
Last edited by CrimsonSea on Dec 30, 2012, 12:48:21 AM
This is also happening to me, tried all the stuff posted, still nothing.
Anymore ideas? The one game I want to play is unplayable :(

My computer specs

NVidia GTX 660
i7-3770 @ 3.40ghz
32GB Ram
64bit Windows 8

I Get Errors -

"Failed to Connect to Instance" After I select Play on the Character Select Screen
"Unable to Connect" When I am just trying to log on at the Main Screen
Last edited by GJohnson7385 on Jan 2, 2013, 3:54:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info