Failed to connect to instance

So either when I first select a character and select "play" or when I enter certain instances I get this error quite often. It logs me off and I need to try again.

I'm only level 3 and I can't even finish the second quest. the past 20 minutes has consisted of me trying to get into game to no avail. It just takes forever to load then eventually logs me off.

I have a fairly up-to-date computer that I built for 2800 bucks 2 years ago and I have no problems with any other games or applications.

I'd appreciate any help!

Edit-I can join the Europe server so it seems this is only happening on the US server(as far as just joining goes I haven't try joining an instance in Europe yet.
Last edited by momentum00 on Jun 21, 2012, 12:54:21 AM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2016, 7:09:16 PM
This should go away if you play on the Europe server, make it to town, then switch back to the American server once you've switched to a new area (If this is happening for a character in town, check if creating a new character can get to the same town). If not, there may be a problem with the way you connect to our servers. Which country are you playing from? And what ISP do you use?
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
This should go away if you play on the Europe server, make it to town, then switch back to the American server once you've switched to a new area (If this is happening for a character in town, check if creating a new character can get to the same town). If not, there may be a problem with the way you connect to our servers. Which country are you playing from? And what ISP do you use?

Playing from the US (New Jersey). ISP is Comcast.

Switching to Europe worked for a bit but then the next instance that I tried to join did it again. It logged me out (failed to connect to instance error)and then I couldn't even get into the starting town because it would take long to load after I selected my character and clicked play.
Now I was able to join game and get into town on act 1. But now when I try to go to mudflats waypoint from town it happens. I am hearing the ambient sounds and map sounds(waves and such) but it's stuck on the loading screen that says path of exile and mud flats.

The only error I ever get is failed to connect to instance. I checked the notepad log in my PoE directory and there's no error. Every time the last message it has is "connected to instance".
Ok so I was looking around in my PoE folder and found this ogg notepad file(not sure what it is). Most of it is unreadable and looks encrypted but there are a few errors that I was able to read.

I also posted this info in the sticky about this loading problem to make sure it is seen so we can learn how to fix this.

TLOSS error
SING error
DOMAIN error
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
R6033
- Attempt to use MSIL code from this assembly during native code initialization
This indicates a bug in your application. It is most likely the result of calling an MSIL-compiled (/clr) function from a native constructor or from DllMain.
R6032
- not enough space for locale information
R6031
- Attempt to initialize the CRT more than once.
This indicates a bug in your application.
R6030
- CRT not initialized
R6028
- unable to initialize heap
R6027
- not enough space for lowio initialization
R6026
- not enough space for stdio initialization
R6025
- pure virtual function call
R6024
- not enough space for _onexit/atexit table
R6019
- unable to open console device
R6018
- unexpected heap error
R6017
- unexpected multithread lock error
R6016
- not enough space for thread data

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
R6009
- not enough space for environment
R6008
- not enough space for arguments
R6002
- floating point support not loaded

any ideas?
Last edited by momentum00 on June 22, 2012 12:52 AM

Posted by momentum00
on June 21, 2012 4:58 PM
Beta Member
Last edited by momentum00 on Jun 22, 2012, 12:56:58 AM
Turning off my router firewall fixed this 100%. We need to know what ports should be opened for PoE.
You'll need to allow ports 32768-61000, I believe. Let me know if this doesn't help!
Balance & Design
i have the same problem but i don't have a router i have a lvl 31 witch at the problems just started occurring after the latest patch.i already tried to change the server from EU to america it worked for a bit but a few days after it started having the problem again
"
Mis_Green wrote:
i have the same problem but i don't have a router i have a lvl 31 witch at the problems just started occurring after the latest patch.i already tried to change the server from EU to america it worked for a bit but a few days after it started having the problem again

As Mis_Green does I also do not have a router and am experiencing this login issue. Since I do not have a router I cannot do any portforwarding. Is there any solution to this problem with those who do not have routers?
do i have to allow every single port between 32768-61000 or just these two?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info