Failed to connect to instance

anybody have any ideas? cause i have it too
I am experiencing the same thing, every time i try to zone into a new zone or map i get disconnected, and sometimes i dont. If i already have loaded the map the problem wont occure until the map resets after 8-15 min. Everything runs very smooth when im in the game, so its not because i am lagging or anything like that.

I just find it odd that it works without problems sometimes, and sometimes it just not work at all. I rarely doubt its my ips, or some ports that are closed, cause if that was the case i should never be able to zone in. Hope to find a solution since i really wan't to play more of this game :)
I've been having this problem since yesterday night. Before that the game worked 100% fine.
For some reason the failure to load glitch only happens in certain areas. For example if I want to enter the fetid pool (Act I) it will always "failure to load instance" every time I try to enter it. However, I can enter other areas with no problem. I have done a packet check, and turned up no problems. I have re-installed the game about 3-4 times now, with no change in result. I do not have hamachi installed, so that is not the issue. Lastly, I tried to open the appropriate ports manually with the advanced firewall settings, but again, no change in result. I really like this game, and it makes me sad I can't play it more, because I can no longer progress to the areas I need to for quests. Hopefully someone knows what to do!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
:)
i got this tonight as well... randomly...

I have been playing for months, no change in setup

what I did to fix it?

quit and restarted the game a few times... then it worked...

I also got the message that my instance was full, and that I got disconnected from the server. yet i was still able to walk around town, and open my stash...
Have the same problem today, 27.01.2013. This never happens before. Ping is about 150-200 ms.
The most annoying that after dc i have to wait in queue a few minutes ( around 2000 ppl usually before me). Problem happens when i try to change location in game(not matter what kind of character in use)
Happens to me about 50% of the instance loading screens these days..
I installed the client yesterday and was able to zone into everything perfectly fine. Today is when I started having issues, I am no longer able to zone into more than three areas and it's only those areas I can zone into.
Not sure it is the cause for everyone's issue but I found mine to by my Comcast Router/Modem (Arris Tg852G/ct). What I found from the PoE logs is that any port above say 49,000 was failing but any port below was connecting fine. That is why a % of the time I was successful and % of the time I was not when switching instances.

I had bought my own Motorola modem a few weeks ago so I just called Comcast and switched to it and it fixed the issue.

I have had no issues before with games using the Comcast modem so I won't say the Comcast modem is the issue but rather PoE is doing something different than most game developers. In the meantime, switch the modem or call comcast if this sounds familiar.
Hey guys been having this problem alot lately and i found the cause it's your routers upnp feature.
Disable this and the problem goes away. No idea why path of exile needs ports forwarded but the game must be asking for random upnp ports and about 60% of the time its a value that some upnp routers refuse to accept.
After I disabled upnp the problem went away completely also the loading times are way lower, I play on a ssd.
Last edited by elexor on Feb 6, 2013, 2:33:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info