Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

"
ImGryssLOL wrote:
For those who posted after me, Have you tried disabling a p core?

I was trying for months to figure this out and that is what finally did it

So far the only thing that has worked for me fingers crossed is switch to DX12 Beta i have had zero crashes but performance is eh.

PC specs i9-13900k, 32GB DDR5, 4080
I went from crashing every time I enter the game, with multiple "failed to decompress (corrupted data)" errors, to now being able to play without crashing or getting that error. FPS over halved though (240+ -> 100-120).

What worked for me was this:
"
KapitanSkruc wrote:
Same issue here
I9-13900KF
However, I've found a fix that works for me at least. I set the affinity for PoE only to use efficiency cores only (cores 16-31 for I9-13900). It worked for me. Played for 8 hours straight, no crashes.

Later on today I'm also going to try this, which If I'm understanding it right, is saying disabling a single p core might do the trick?:
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:
For those who posted after me, Have you tried disabling a p core?

I was trying for months to figure this out and that is what finally did it

The final thing I will try is this:
"
korewatecno wrote:
I've been having the same issue but have found a temporary fix for me. Disable Engine Multithreading in game hasn't crashed for me in 12 hours

I7-13700kf
32gb ddr5 ram

I'll report back which fixes work, and which one offers the best performance. At the moment, setting process affinity to E-cores only works, but halves FPS.

My Specs:
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
i9-13900K
RTX 4090
32GB DDR5 RAM 4800mhz (XMP off for now)
+1 for this issue.

I have no performance issues playing the game, but I get this error every time I try and open my Delve map. I've tried various different suggestions in here and I think I got it to work once, but could not repeat the success again after logging off.
Dude you guys are legends,
disabling all p-cores in affinity fixed it.
thank you!

Hoping for a fix soon enough
I disable 1 p core and 1 e core and it works. at some point I will turn the e core back on and see if its just the p core but Imma mapping
"
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:
I have the other long thread on the front page with this same problem

this is how I fixed it

"Ok, this is insane. But I found something that works for me.

I went into bios and Changed my p core from all cores to 15 and my e cores down one as well.

This got the game to launch for the first time in months for me. I will keep you posted."

Been playing all afternoon no issues

Glad it worked for you. Also see a lot of people getting into trouble going into bios and changing volts or frequencies of cores. Hopefully GGG sees there is issues with multicore intel CPUS and some high-end RYZEN

Yeah, don't over/under clock your cpu, just disable one p core and 1 e core.
Same here, when entering the azurite mine.

Update: 05.09.23 Error still not fixed!
Last edited by oOUnitedOo on Sep 4, 2023, 10:19:48 PM
"
Lost_Legend wrote:
"
korewatecno wrote:
I've been having the same issue but have found a temporary fix for me. Disable Engine Multithreading in game hasn't crashed for me in 12 hours

I7-13700kf
32gb ddr5 ram

This seemed to did the trick for me aswell

Edit: Aaand the problem occurs as before again

Also worked for me. Performance is worse now but at least it doesn't crash the whole time.

The odd thing is that this started for me 4 days into the league. i dont know why :(

Ryzen 9 7900X
64GB DDR5
I hate to admit it but disabling P cores worked for me. I also had Fenris crashes in Diablo 4 for what its worth. Wtf is going on.
Unfortunately disabling P or E cores changed nothing on my end. This makes me sad as I REALLY want to play this league, but it's a struggle to get past the errors.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info