Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

I have discovered that this should be caused by CPU frequency doubling, even if you did not overclock your CPU (I believe it is a bug in the new patch that causes Intel CPU to crash at high frequencies, but I cannot verify it. Several people like me all own the 13700K CPU, and I do not guarantee that 13900K people will not experience this error)

You can solve it by reducing the CPU frequency miltiplier in the BIOS,i chose 50X is ok。This allows you to run games with minimal CPU performance loss

There is another method . You can choose to create a power plan in the Windows control panel, select Processor Power Management - Maximum Processor State 99% in Advanced Power Settings, and confirm (this option turns off the functionality of Intel CPU Core). Then, select this power plan to use it normally (please confirm that you are using this 99% power plan), Of course, this will also result in a loss of your CPU's maximum performance, which may be 20%, but the multi core 13700 will compensate for this performance loss, and I did not feel any significant delay in the game.
none of the fixes here works for me
the patch a few days ago messed it up again,
it was working for a while but then the new patch came and then it bonked up again
it claims its corrupted and cant decompress
hope it works by launch tomorrow...
after patch 3.22 i dont seem to have any problems, and i didnt change anything with the computer. so nicely done fixing the problem anyways
I just patched up and am having the same issue. Is anyone else having this issue with new patch? and can I get some help to fix it :(
"
a707696606 wrote:

There is another method . You can choose to create a power plan in the Windows control panel, select Processor Power Management - Maximum Processor State 99% in Advanced Power Settings, and confirm (this option turns off the functionality of Intel CPU Core). Then, select this power plan to use it normally (please confirm that you are using this 99% power plan), Of course, this will also result in a loss of your CPU's maximum performance, which may be 20%, but the multi core 13700 will compensate for this performance loss, and I did not feel any significant delay in the game.

thank you, I had this issue, and your solution worked for me, now I can join league launch!
"
jgorellana13 wrote:
I just patched up and am having the same issue. Is anyone else having this issue with new patch? and can I get some help to fix it :(

i didnt change anything, i just grabbed the torrent and then it patched that and then it worked
i made a backup of the large file in case something goes wrong later
Last edited by IceslayerVixxun on Aug 18, 2023, 3:00:42 PM
same here, 3.22 patch bricked my game, non of above solutions work.
Ryzen 3 1200
24GB ram
Gtx 1050Ti
same nothing has worked for me thus far

I9 13900k
32gb ram
Same Issue cannot play the league.
Same issue, crashes after 5 or 10 minutes of play

i5 12600k
32gb ram

Edit: Now it just crashes when I try to load in

Edit 2: Seems rather random when I crash. Sometimes I can play for 10-15 minutes before I crash other times I will crash on startup. I also notice that Act 1 town seems to crash more often then other zones.

Edit 3: Act 2 camp crashes me on zone in and now I have crashed 5 times in a row trying to zone into camp.

Edit 4: Uninstalled the game then reinstalled and so far no crashes (45 min of playing)
Last edited by Highlander5862 on Aug 19, 2023, 12:27:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info