Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

"
EdTheDuck wrote:
I am back with (finally) a solution that not only works, but doesn't ruin the performance of your PC.

I have now played for over a week with 0 crashing.

This (sadly) is only for those having the issue on Intel CPU's, although maybe the AMD users can find something similar.

1) Download Intel Extreme Tuning Utility
2) Set the "Performance Core Ratio" from 55x to 53x
3) Apply change and enjoy!

I should note, you will need to run this program every time you restart your PC, but you could find similar settings in your BIOS to make it a permanent change I would think.

Also, some extra information, it appears Unreal Engine is having the same issue with Intel CPU's and it's caused by them pushing their CPU's too far so that under large sustained loads, such as Cache creation/decompression, the system will become unstable. It's a known issue that will need Intel and Mobo manufacturers to resolve.

I hope this helps some people play PoE and any other games that may be crashing for similar reason.

So far this seems to have fixed it for me. Only Testing for about an hour. I also undervolted my cpu as well. I can now run on high performance instead of power saving and the game is finally running well. Hopefully this continues to bear fruit of workability. No crashes or corrupted data yet XfingersX
Prepare for bumping this topic in new league guys :)
just got this issue trying to load ONLY into karui shores and nowhere else, i was playing fine 12 hours ago and now i cannot load into karui shores, which my league character is stuck in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info