Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

"
moondk wrote:

Sorry to say that it will most likely return in a few days, if not hours.
People been reporting the issue all places.
Only thing that seems to lower the frequency of error is disable hyperthreading or lower cpu max use.

Could you please add what make of ssd you have and manufactor of your ram?

I hope it won't, so far all been normal :)
I played a few hours today and made a lot of maps with almost any league mechanic possible. Blight, expeditions, rituals, legions, Alva... anything.
So far no sign of the error, no crashes, no freezes... all normal.

But as I said before, it didn't crash with that error on the maps or anywhere else, but near the Crafting station in Skeletal Hideout.
That's why the first thing I thought was - must be something bugged with the hideout, lets change it and see how it is. And it was fine in the new hideout.
Could have been any of the MTXs in the hideout template, who knows...

I didn't do any of the recommended steps. My hyperthreading in BIOS is enabled and I don't even know where this cpu max use is.
Multithreading ingame is enable too. DX12 beta, dynamic culling disabled... the rest is pretty much Default as I can see from the labels.

Regarding the hardware:
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX, 32GB DDR4, 3600MHz CL18, Dual Channel Kit running at 3600MHz which is one of the XMP profiles.
- Mainboard is Gigabyte Aorus Elite V2 (B550)
- SSD is Team Group MP44L 1TB, PCIe 4. (have two SSDs more but for storage only. The game is installed on the TG)
The rest i already mentioned - Ryzen 3600 and Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT 6G GDDR6, OS is Windows11 Pro.

It is fairly old, but still good (for me) PC. Runs everything on 1080p just fine and I am satisfied with it, still :)

I hope GGG find the root cause of this issue soon and fix it.
Last edited by Jinxxxed on Dec 30, 2023, 2:34:08 PM
Just had this too. Was just in hideout, putting stuff in my stash, so nothing out of the ordinary ought to have been streaming down. Everything ought to have loaded at that point.

My guess is that it is somehow corrupt packages being sent from the server to the client and poor error handling on the client side. But yeah, just a guess.

(old hardware, gtx970, 16gb ram, win10 - pretty sure hardware isn't specific to the problem looking at this thread)

Edit: I do not remember having this issue in any previous league.
Last edited by Onds on Dec 31, 2023, 12:45:30 AM
i do have the same problem. i tried the 99% thing and also the multithreard. i have not changed my bios so i didnt mess with it.

system fairly new i build my tower litteraly 1 week ago.
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor 4.70 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB
win 10
PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB GDDR6

just keep the card in the wallet till its fixed. not 1 sorry or message about a fix incoming/in the works.
like legit lost a 8k juice map due to back to back errors. D4 looking like a better game at this point.
actually poe isn't playable at all !
support answers to mtx pb but doesn't care about people who can't play because game is patch badly...
i report pb since 3.21 and i had no answer. streeamers are concerned too by this shit but np mtx is the key...

May be an annswer, a patch, a reset would be nice... but they prefer working on bans (won't help serv to connect this game doesn't work actually)

anyway last time on poe at least titan quest 22 would be a better choice (they would knnow how to code)
bump.

===

spend 100$ on a support pack can't even play the game to enjoy it.. i want a refund at this point!
I've solved the issue for myself, posting my solution in case it helps someone else.

System Information:
Intel 13900KF
EVGA Dark Kingpin Z690
NVIDIA 3080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 11 Pro

I had three things that worked (recommend skipping to the third option if possible):

1. Set process affinity for pathofexile.exe to only use cores 15-31 (E-cores only). Can do this with task manager or a more convenient tool like Process Lasso. For probably obvious reasons, this is not ideal - expect massive lag when using any build with high map clear/effects/actions per second. I saw someone post this solution somewhere else, and it DID stop the crashes, but with major performance issues.

2. Disable turbo in BIOS. In the process of trying to understand why the first solution worked, I looked more into the differences between P-cores and E-cores. One obvious difference is the max frequency - for mine, P-cores have a max turbo frequency of 5.4 while E-cores are 4.3. I tried disabling turbo just to see if it was related, and had no crashes. Probably an even less ideal solution than just using E-cores.

3. Lower the max turbo frequency of P-cores by some amount - for me, using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to lower the Performance Core Ratio from 55x to 50x worked. Functionally, this caps the max frequency to 5.0 GHz which still sucks, but it stopped the crashes as well.

I assume the above results indicate this is a timing issue in Path of Exile specifically (no other programs have had any issues with the default max turbo in about a year of using this CPU) and messing with your max core frequency may help fix it. Hopefully this helps other people, and helps GGG fix it on their side.
Last edited by lemongod on Jan 3, 2024, 11:18:04 PM
I'm having the same issue with similar hardware. It's not ideal to have to have to have such technological know how just to play a video game when it should just work out of the box. This issue has been happening for me since Ancestor league and the main reason I didn't really play it.

Disabling multithreading worked for a while however something seems to of changed as it's crashing like crazy even with multithreading disabled. I will try the above workarounds. I really think someone from GGG needs to make a statement about this and either give some guidance on a permanent fix or at least give an update that they are even working on a fix.

As long as this has been going on I feel like GGG is just putting their head in the sand and hoping it goes away. It's not. Give us some damn information and fix it.
problem is still happening. no fix GGG is looking into server lag tho for EU servers i guess thats a plus...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info