Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

https://gyazo.com/6f9f65ae84551da08f8532e66b35bc11

@GGG what do we do to fix the problem can't even open your game anymore after my 5th install ??? why am i seeing this please give me something..
https://gyazo.com/9947be4256f69f3c46b6567a159b983e
started happening just today was playing just fine with new pc for 5 days. can someone help?
idont understand any of those bios and multithreading help please
Same here this is frustrating... may need a break from poe
So i've just had my PC in for repair because of this error, and some random system errors.
What they found was this *may* be related to "AlienWareCommandcenter" and/or AWS.exe
So i hope that other in here actually have this installed, and/or uses an Alienware monitor with the program.

Edit: AlienwareCommandCenter should be easy to uninstall if you want to test it.
Last edited by moondk on Jan 5, 2024, 9:21:49 AM
Tried via steam.
Worked.
(I [rly] don't know how a 10+ years old game have so much problems, even with a very strong PC.)
i7-13700KF
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4080
32GB RAM
WIN 11 Pro

- Tried a fresh install on standalone and Steam with cleared local cache
- Updated driver
- Performed Windows Updates
- Lowered settings and capped framerates to 60fps
- Tried different Renderers

Nothing more demoralizing than trying to do aspirational content and losing half your portals to crashes. or getting almost to the end of a zone/map and having to re-run though it. Unfortunately there is no Cast on Disconnect support gem for me to link to a portal...

Faulting application name: PathOfExileSteam.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6580df08
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time stamp: 0x3091b6fb
Exception code: 0xe0000001
Fault offset: 0x000000000006567c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x628C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA410E228E8EB7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExileSteam.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 44e15f3e-757e-4e74-9fe5-28a7e84ab3a1
Editing windows power management to power saver fixes the issue on windows 11. The game runs like ass when there's a lot going on, but its literally the only thing that has helped me stop the failed to decompress error. I suggest anyone that hasn't tried it to do it. Sometimes I will change the power management back to high performace or balanced and I get the error again within an hour.

This is def something that should be addressed at some point as their "engine overhaul" seems to have brought this problem forward for a lot of users with higher end PCs. Playing with power saver mode, or disabling/tweaking cores, etc. is not a satisfactory solution at all. I like others will probably stop purchases as well until this issue is addressed.
"
i7-13700KF
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4080
32GB RAM
WIN 11 Pro

- Tried a fresh install on standalone and Steam with cleared local cache
- Updated driver
- Performed Windows Updates
- Lowered settings and capped framerates to 60fps
- Tried different Renderers

Nothing more demoralizing than trying to do aspirational content and losing half your portals to crashes. or getting almost to the end of a zone/map and having to re-run though it. Unfortunately there is no Cast on Disconnect support gem for me to link to a portal...

Faulting application name: PathOfExileSteam.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6580df08
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time stamp: 0x3091b6fb
Exception code: 0xe0000001
Fault offset: 0x000000000006567c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x628C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA410E228E8EB7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExileSteam.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 44e15f3e-757e-4e74-9fe5-28a7e84ab3a1

so I had a near identical set up, except a 13900 and was also getting crashes in wow in high cpu usage situations and cs2 pretty much whenever. Here's everything I tried to fix the problem before deciding it had to be a 13th gen intel cpu issue

set power consumption to 99%
turned on power save mode
turned off hyperthreading
reinstalled the game
updated drivers
rolled back drivers
reinstalled windows
replaced ram
replaced m.2
finally, bit the bullet and replaced the cpu with a 14900

power save mode mostly solved the problem but the game would lock up some times and that was not a satisfactory solution.

I've read a decent amount of troubleshooting now and while it does feel like this is GGG I think for a lot of people it is actually just intel shitting the bed on QA. Left the game up in the background in lioneye's since that is the zone most likely to cause a crash since most of the error logs I looked at were shader related and mtx love having unique shaders.

after testing cs2 as well, seems like it genuinely was the cpu (in my case at least)
Fixed the issue for myself after months of dealing with it. I did the e-core thing as well, it works, but it sucks for performance.

My specs to build context:

- 6400 DDR5 Gskill
- ASUS ROG 690-E Mobo
- 4090 GTX ASUS ROG Strix
- 13900k Intel

So here's my fix to get p-cores working:

1. Update the DRAM voltage to 1.43v
2. Set RAM the timings to 32, 38, 38, 60 (generally they're in order)
3. Set the CPU offset to +.2v
4. Set DRAM Frequency to 6400 (XMP)

This worked, and my computer is flying. Can't say exactly what the final straw was, but this combination worked for me.

If you aren't familiar with RAM timings etc..., then admittedly this is quite useless for you.
Last edited by machsleep on Jan 17, 2024, 3:57:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info