Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

Just want to post an update, in the hopes of this being helpful to someone else.
As mentioned in my previous post, I had tried nearly everything I could think of to fix the issue.
I have now disabling Hyper threading in bios, and what do you know - it literally fixed the issue for me. Ive not had a single crash since i disabled it, and im not seeing any noticeable performance drop FPS wise.
Give it a try, might not work for you, but worth a try if youre struggling for a solution.
disabling hyperthread worked for me

8 crashes per 10 map -> now 1 crashes per 20map

when the crash occurs, I manually run packcheck.exe
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Press R or RIOTヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
IGNs PentaKill_Brand
Ripped at Lv88
Now trying to be b in invasion league
"
Scorpionfrog wrote:
Just want to post an update, in the hopes of this being helpful to someone else.
As mentioned in my previous post, I had tried nearly everything I could think of to fix the issue.
I have now disabling Hyper threading in bios, and what do you know - it literally fixed the issue for me. Ive not had a single crash since i disabled it, and im not seeing any noticeable performance drop FPS wise.
Give it a try, might not work for you, but worth a try if youre struggling for a solution.

This and i also put my Power plan cpu performance to 99% ,and disabled multi threading in bios and in game and also enabled old games compability things if that even matters,and while it doesnt mega stutter badly ,sometimes it still just locks up after 5-10 minutes and just goes unexpected disconnection after cpu goes to 1000+ ms.So i dont know kind of a fix but not really?
"
Scorpionfrog wrote:

Yeah, unfortunatelly this also worked for me.
Got like 1 crash in 20hours of play while before i had 1 per every second instance

Disabling HyperThreading also fixed other games for me, that would not even start, and reduced/removed crashes in other games where the process would just "die" for not reason and no error.

I'm assuming, given this is a CPU i bought recently, it may just be a bad batch. CPUs with internal problems can go unnoticed until something actually tries to use them to their full extent, which seems that in PoE, shader compilation does
Kept getting this whenever the character would load in.

Taking this post as a hint:
"

I went into Options => Graphics and changed "Engine Multithreading" to Disabled.

So far...so good...we'll see if it lasts.

System Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900KF 3.20 GHz
RAM: 64GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
Same issue here...
Tried everything thats listed, the only thing that seems to help a little bit is disabling hyper threading in bios. But it still crashes just not so frequnetly, everything for once evey couple of hours to 4 time in 15 mins. So i guess thats it for me this league and future leagues until this is fixed.

System:
3080ti
64gb ram
"
Atro22 wrote:
I also had the exact the same problem.

However, since the patch on the 16th I was able to solve it by running the x64 version of the game in Windows 8 compatibility mode. No idea if this will have any long term performance problems though as I've only done preliminary testing.

RTX 4090
64GB DDR5
Win 11

I have basically the same setup as you, except a 4080. Been having this issue since I got the computer. Nothing fixes it permanently. No good response.
I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this has been shared before.

So, today I had this error for the 1st time... ever. Hardware of software wise, nothing was changed since the beginning of the league. Never had a single crash... maybe one or two, can't even remember. Game was very stable, performance is OK for my hardware - Ryzen 3600, 5600XT, 32GB, Windows 11.

Anyway, suddenly I started to get this Failed to Decompress error. But what I noticed is that I get this error every time I go near the Crafting station, Or Horticrafting... they are one next to another.
I can do maps, run around towns or even in the Hideout, as long I do not get close to the Crafting (Horticrafting) station or I immediately get the Decompression error.

What I did and it solved the problem for me was to switch the Hideouts.
I was using Skeletal Hideout with some template I downloaded from the net. Been using it for years without issues.
I switched to Celestial and the crashes stopped.

Not sure if this is related, but just before the crashes started to to occur, I bought this new jewel - That Which was Taken and I socketed it at the bottom of the tree close to the Totem cluster. I am playing Totem Ballista SA/TR/CA Pathfinder.
And next thing that happened going closer to the Crafting station area was the crash :D.
But as I said, can't tell if the jewel and the crashes are related but it is a strange coincidence.
Last edited by Jinxxxed on Dec 30, 2023, 3:23:49 AM
guess GGG don't care to fix it.
"
Jinxxxed wrote:
I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this has been shared before.

So, today I had this error for the 1st time... ever. Hardware of software wise, nothing was changed since the beginning of the league. Never had a single crash... maybe one or two, can't even remember. Game was very stable, performance is OK for my hardware - Ryzen 3600, 5600XT, 32GB, Windows 11.

Anyway, suddenly I started to get this Failed to Decompress error. But what I noticed is that I get this error every time I go near the Crafting station, Or Horticrafting... they are one next to another.
I can do maps, run around towns or even in the Hideout, as long I do not get close to the Crafting (Horticrafting) station or I immediately get the Decompression error.

What I did and it solved the problem for me was to switch the Hideouts.
I was using Skeletal Hideout with some template I downloaded from the net. Been using it for years without issues.
I switched to Celestial and the crashes stopped.

Not sure if this is related, but just before the crashes started to to occur, I bought this new jewel - That Which was Taken and I socketed it at the bottom of the tree close to the Totem cluster. I am playing Totem Ballista SA/TR/CA Pathfinder.
And next thing that happened going closer to the Crafting station area was the crash :D.
But as I said, can't tell if the jewel and the crashes are related but it is a strange coincidence.

Sorry to say that it will most likely return in a few days, if not hours.
People been reporting the issue all places.
Only thing that seems to lower the frequency of error is disable hyperthreading or lower cpu max use.

Could you please add what make of ssd you have and manufactor of your ram?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info