Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

Game was working perfectly fine until I had a nasty windstorm make my computer lose power repeatedly back to back and now I have this problem. I hate my life
Same problem here since 17.12. plz fix this.
Run PackCheck in the PoE dir, or on steam verify game integrity.
It fixes it for me each time I encounter the problem which may only last a day but it does seem to fix it.
"
AutoQQ wrote:
Run PackCheck in the PoE dir, or on steam verify game integrity.
It fixes it for me each time I encounter the problem which may only last a day but it does seem to fix it.

Its the first thing most people try, and it's not helping.

What annoys me the most is i get it on 2 systems, but on my older system everything runs smooth, and the only difference is the 2 new systems runs a Kingston nvme m.2, where my older one is samsung nvme m.2, and the number of active cores in the system, but it's less than 1% of the players who experience this specific problem.
At this point I am beyond frustrated.

"Failed to decompress (corrupted data) started occurring for me in 3.22 - around halfway through the league. I believe from what i can gather, that there was some sort of optimization patch, which sparked the issue for me.

I have tried everything under the sun in regards to fixing the problem:

-Several formats of the PC, both Win 10 and 11 have been tested.
-Fresh install of the game. On Steam, Epic Games and GGG's own launcher (including on different drives).
-Packcheck and Verifying game files.
-Delete shader folders.
-Downclock memory.
-Reduce CPU multiplier in bios.
-Edit power plan in windows.
-Numerous versions of graphics drivers.
-Update chipset drivers.
-Every possible combination of ingame graphic and audio settings.
-Removed all MTX.
-Run the game as admin, no fullscreen optimization, compatibility mode.

95% of time the crash is accompanied by the "failed to decompress(corrupted data)", but occasionally it just does a CTD without any error.
Ive been keeping on eye on the forum in hopes of an official response from GGG basically since league start, and it seems to me a lot of people are having issues with the CTD? Might it be the same underlying issue regardless of the error message?

Anyway, at this point the game is literally unplayable. Takes me a handful of attempts to just get into the game and to my hideout, without crashing. Loading into a map is out of the question.

Why is there no response on this issue. It is beyond my understanding, that were getting no feedback on the issue. Any acknowledgement of GGG's awareness of this - and willingness to fix it.

My friends are having a blast with this league, meanwhile I am quite frankly gutted i cant play with them. Was really looking forward to a great looking league. Took time off on league start etc.

Please give us some feedback GGG.

Prime Z790-P WIFI
i7-13700kf
32gb 6400mhz DDR5
Zotac 3080

Last edited by Scorpionfrog on Dec 22, 2023, 6:02:54 PM
Only help we'll get is help to spend money (ironically, if we could play the game, we'd continue spending money).

Edit: Image of email showing no technical help/information removed. So clearly you're looking at this thread, how about saying something??

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by gamerblair on Dec 22, 2023, 7:44:05 PM
"
Scorpionfrog wrote:

-Fresh install of the game. On Steam, Epic Games and GGG's own launcher (including on different drives).
-Delete shader folders.
-Downclock memory.
-Update chipset drivers.
-Removed all MTX.

Prime Z790-P WIFI
i7-13700kf
32gb 6400mhz DDR5
Zotac 3080

I've done pretty much same things as you, not the power planner windows thing because that just seems way to far out to be an issue, but i lowered the number of crashes by disable hyper threading in bios ( disableling apparently improves many games, you can google it)
On my old system i was able to get rid of the problem by turning down the p-cores by 1 via intel extreme tuning, but i refuse to do it on this new system, mainly because it seems to be a GGG problem affecting some people, but not all or "many".

I to do have z790-p wifi, and my old system have z790-p wifi, both asus.
My ram are different old system is 32 gb g.skills, new system is Corsair 64 gb, both of the systems uses a NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade SSD.

I hope that other people who run in to this issue will post Ram manufactor and SSD.

I've noticed that when I get the crash the shader starts to go crazy up and down in load and drive to. Sometimes i get CTD other times corrupted data, then crash or a few times corrupted data game recovers.

But also if people could keep an eye out on their CPU temp, Corsairs icue do have a history, and also option to log for you
I also have these errors very frequently since this league started. (before this league i never noticed those errors that weird) It's realy annoying. But i find a way to remove 90% of them "Failed to decompress (corrupted data)" errors even if sometime i still have some.

What i do it's to go in settings:

Graphics > Engine Multithreading : Disabled.

It slow down the game as f*ck but what you can do, sadly, is to disable when you are about to change of map and enabled it back when map loaded. It's realy borring but for me it's allow at least to play a minimum to the game.

I would never think this tricks will do something... i was more about the problem should be in files not in processor, but for me it's work, errors are realy less often. But's yea it's realy too much random, it's just seems like errors come more often in places where got many players. The most anyoying is when the error come right after opened a Map Portail, it's like a free portail lost :/

Sorry for my english, It's not a magical solution but I hope at least it would help some people to reduce those errors.
Last edited by FrizlaPora on Dec 23, 2023, 5:16:07 AM
"
moondk wrote:
"
Scorpionfrog wrote:

-Delete shader folders.
-Downclock memory.
-Update chipset drivers.
-Removed all MTX.

Prime Z790-P WIFI
i7-13700kf
32gb 6400mhz DDR5
Zotac 3080

I've done pretty much same things as you, not the power planner windows thing because that just seems way to far out to be an issue, but i lowered the number of crashes by disable hyper threading in bios ( disableling apparently improves many games, you can google it)
On my old system i was able to get rid of the problem by turning down the p-cores by 1 via intel extreme tuning, but i refuse to do it on this new system, mainly because it seems to be a GGG problem affecting some people, but not all or "many".

I to do have z790-p wifi, and my old system have z790-p wifi, both asus.
My ram are different old system is 32 gb g.skills, new system is Corsair 64 gb, both of the systems uses a NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade SSD.

I hope that other people who run in to this issue will post Ram manufactor and SSD.

I've noticed that when I get the crash the shader starts to go crazy up and down in load and drive to. Sometimes i get CTD other times corrupted data, then crash or a few times corrupted data game recovers.

But also if people could keep an eye out on their CPU temp, Corsairs icue do have a history, and also option to log for you

The commonality appears to be the Intel 13th gen processors with P/E cores, so I would assume likely to happen on 14th gen too and this may be come more and more prevalent as people upgrade their systems.

For information though on what you requested, I have:

RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR5-6000 (64gb)
WiFi: Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (although I don't use the wifi at all)
SSD: Samsung 990 Pro 2TB (M.2) [I have 2 of these, having the files on either makes no difference]
Last edited by EdTheDuck on Dec 23, 2023, 6:16:13 AM
I went to play the new league and also am running into this issue. I've tried everything mentioned in all the threads and have yet to be successful. No other games have issues. Very frustrating.

CPU: 13th Gen I9-13900K
RAM: 32GB DDR5-6000MHZ
GPU: GEFORCE RTX 4090

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info