Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

Getting the same error only when trying to interract with "elder" locations, already ruined uber elder, the feared and few elder guards, 2 weeks of the league passed and still not fixed, meh...
try backing up ur game files
My specs are not good as yours, guys, but it was working perfectly fine until the same crash occurred for me as well. I love this game, so I also wanted to state the error. But for some reason my hideout's been buggy as hell lately (e.g. 6-7 characters were standing inside each other) that I could visit for once, afterwards the crash appeared.

Now it's mostly unplayable unfortunately.

I'll also wait for more solutions.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 ti
Intel Xeon X5670 2.93GHz
Nothing change in 3.22.1 Patch, the error still not fixed! >:(
GGG plz fix this.. there are so many ppl who can't play the game right now including myself. This is quite a bit of money you're missing out on from ppl who can't play the game. If nothing else, can we plz get a msg saying the issue is being looked into?

I7 13700kf
3070 TI
Can confirm, I have the same issues.

- GTX 1080
- i7-8700k (not overclocked)
- 32gb Ram
- Windows 10
- POE steam version

Things I tried without success:
--------------------------
- Hardware seems fine after scanning and testing. (including hdd)
- Tried switching back to DX11,
- Tried switching to Vulcan pops up with a different issue (https://imgur.com/a/4VF2fR1)
- Verified files, came back clean
- Deleted %appdata
- Deleted the POE folder in my Games
- Checking Temps: No throtteling or excess cpu/gpu temps as the errors occur
- Playing other games seems to be without any issues
--------------------------

Seems to typically happen to me when it involves other people. When they try to join my hideout especially. (Celestial Nebula)

As of sept 6 2023 the issue persist, and it started happening about 3 - 4 days ago as of the moment of this post.

- Wolf
Last edited by WolfsGoRawr on Sep 5, 2023, 9:31:23 PM
Same here,

reistaled the game, checked vulcan/dx11/dx12 - nothing.

Also tried to split cores - nothing.

No idea what to do....

I7-13700KF
RTX 4080
64gb ram 4800mhz
win11
poe steam version
I have the exact same issue

Usually happens when i enter the game , visit a hideout , enter a new map (of course losing portals ) took me 8 offering of the goddess to be able to just enter the uber lab ...

This has to be solved , can not really wait half a league to fix a bug that was not here last league , so something that was introduced this league is doing this .

Please look into fixing this , would like a reply from someone in staff to at least confirm that we are not writing novels here for no one to read .

my pc specs :

I9 13900KF
nvidia geforce 3080
Same.

Ryzen 7700x
Win11
Rtx 4090

cant provide video evidence with graphs but somehow i have the feeling it has to do with hit scans on specific settings / hardware?!
all crashes i had were always either when i got hit or i was hitting stuff so mid / action
no problems with hideouts / map loads etc here

tried all workarounds thusfar and nothing helped
Last edited by h2co on Sep 8, 2023, 11:52:25 AM
Have you guys tried turring of your MTX?
Especialy the new Beastmaster Body armour !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info