Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

Had the same issue, followed along and disabled cores 0-15 leaving only 16-31 going (I also have a 13900k) and my issue was fixed instantly.

As of today 9/1 I'm still having the issue. Disabling the cores helped for awhile, but I still crash to desktop, with or without the error.
Last edited by Dregnos on Sep 1, 2023, 3:10:18 PM
Have been having this same issue since league start. Have tried all the solutions in this thread besides the bios ones. Seems the patch that they did today still has not fixed this.

i9-13900K
4070 Ti
Still not fixed. This company is done.
Has GGG said anything about this? I'm a new player, and I played for about 50 hours last season with no issues to get ready for this league. When I try to play now though, I keep getting this error and force closes.
So I was playing the game fine for the last 2 Hotfixes, previously getting the Failed to Decompress error 2 Hotfixes back, and then today I'm getting the error again
Why is this still a thing? Where's the fix?
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Hi all, i fixed it
my computer error log is "error app crash KERNELBASE.dll" you can check in even view of window
and i turn on my administrator account in win 10 = net user administrator /active:yes (your password)
and it run
try it
have fun
I'm also getting the texture decompress error on intervals ranging from every few minutes to a few hours.

I9-13900K, RTX 4090. (Asus ROG Strix Z690-G mobo w/ 64GB of DDR5-5600 running on the XMP-1 config). CPU running stock.

Restricting the PathOfExileSteam.exe to cores 16-31 is allowing me to play without crashes, but, yea, I would very much like to see the underlying issue fixed.
Ryzen 9 5950X
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC
the same error appears exactly whenever i try to enter The slums in act 3.
Tried to check the files, it finds one file to be re-downloaded but the error is still there. Fixes like trying to run it in compatibility mode didn't work either.
Steam client.
Since today im in failed to decompress club xD.
Reinstallation failed.
Moving to other drive failed.
Checking or backing up latest version of nvidia also fail :P.

Keep waiting for update :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info