Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

I have the other long thread on the front page with this same problem

this is how I fixed it

"Ok, this is insane. But I found something that works for me.

I went into bios and Changed my p core from all cores to 15 and my e cores down one as well.

This got the game to launch for the first time in months for me. I will keep you posted."

Been playing all afternoon no issues
Same issue here
I9-13900KF
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:
I have the other long thread on the front page with this same problem

this is how I fixed it

"Ok, this is insane. But I found something that works for me.

I went into bios and Changed my p core from all cores to 15 and my e cores down one as well.

This got the game to launch for the first time in months for me. I will keep you posted."

Been playing all afternoon no issues

Glad it worked for you. Also see a lot of people getting into trouble going into bios and changing volts or frequencies of cores. Hopefully GGG sees there is issues with multicore intel CPUS and some high-end RYZEN
Been at this for 3 days with progressing less than an act per day. The crashes are random, then I get 20min of play and something will trigger it, put me back to town, and chain error (Failed to Decompress etc) until it randomly won't anymore.

I7-13700
32gigs of ram
4070 card

Troubleshooted most of the things on this list, without messing with voltages or cores. Was hoping for an official fix before I do that but might have to as no word from GGG yet. Will keep you posted.
"
Superfunlime wrote:
Been at this for 3 days with progressing less than an act per day. The crashes are random, then I get 20min of play and something will trigger it, put me back to town, and chain error (Failed to Decompress etc) until it randomly won't anymore.

I7-13700
32gigs of ram
4070 card

Troubleshooted most of the things on this list, without messing with voltages or cores. Was hoping for an official fix before I do that but might have to as no word from GGG yet. Will keep you posted.

Since posting this, I did the affinity thing, and roped it into the cores suggested and so far it's been flawless. Performance has definitely dropped, as I feel like I'm playing with the computer I had in high school now, but it's playable until they are able to give us something patch wise.
Anyone have any solution to this error i have i9 13900k, rtx 4080 and 32bg ram i have tried literally everything what is in this topic nothing works :/
i have an exact same problem with you guys

and here this is my pc spec

I9-13900k
VGA-3080 ROG
RAM- 32GB 5800MHZ
I've been having the same issue but have found a temporary fix for me. Disable Engine Multithreading in game hasn't crashed for me in 12 hours

I7-13700kf
32gb ddr5 ram
For those who posted after me, Have you tried disabling a p core?

I was trying for months to figure this out and that is what finally did it
"
korewatecno wrote:
I've been having the same issue but have found a temporary fix for me. Disable Engine Multithreading in game hasn't crashed for me in 12 hours

I7-13700kf
32gb ddr5 ram

This seemed to did the trick for me aswell

Edit: Aaand the problem occurs as before again
Last edited by Lost_Legend on Aug 21, 2023, 6:46:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info