[3.21] Megachonk RF Jugg | Ultra Tanky + Endgame Viable + Very good starter

I'm very interested in this as a starter. Asked a friend and they said RF Jugg is zdps, is this true? Goal is to run Heists and red maps then maybe dabble with new bosses (I'm relatively new to PoE but want a tanky build).
"
raginmango wrote:
I'm very interested in this as a starter. Asked a friend and they said RF Jugg is zdps, is this true? Goal is to run Heists and red maps then maybe dabble with new bosses (I'm relatively new to PoE but want a tanky build).

I never played RF as a Jugg, but did as a Chief, and both have similar dps. True, it is low. However, this doesn't prevent you to do most if not all content anyway, as the build is tailored to endure pretty much everything. What it will struggle most to is bossing, and that's for endgame bosses AND with you not having endgame gear; but clearing T16s and doing Heists doesn't require dozen millions of dps.

For what you want: tankiness, safe mapping/Heists and eventually some bossing, RF Jugg is a very solid option. I'd say it is even better than before with the new unique options it now has, and as an Inquisitor I may very well switch to Jugg this league if I give RF another go.
"
raginmango wrote:
I'd say it has more than enough dps. Sure you can struggle with Maven healing Breachlords, but besides that everything is game (even that you can counter with frost bomb tbh).
Plus the ceiling is really high and you can just keep adding damage with awakened gems, corruptions, 7 link RF helmet, amulet has a huge ceiling as well. And survivability will never be a problem with jugg.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
For sure your never going to top the charts of the damage kingdoms, but your mechanics are simple and the build is allowed to be very mobile, and when your mobility wont save you, then your defenses should make up for it, you can easily clear bosses on 500kdps, which this build hits super easily
Good build to play imo. Being tanky and surviving is far more important than being a glass canon. Most end game bosses you'll either need flawless mechanics or good tankiness to beat.

I have pretty good gear on this build, with some slight variations from the recommended, but I mostly followed this guide to build my dude. Not much can kill me so I can avoid a lot of mechanics...which is perfect for me, since I'm an idiot. According to PoB, my RF does about 2.2m dps, add another million+ for searing bond/flame wall and all but the very biggest bosses drop quickly with me facetanking easily.

screenshot is with max endurance charges

and just for fun, here's wearing a different armor, still max endurance charges.

and here is wearing a kaoms heart with 1 all max res corruption.
Last edited by RinTheToon on Feb 1, 2022, 9:52:30 PM
Why not use kaom rings? even on the run?
"
devon752 wrote:

How does it work?

You set yourself on fire and do everything in your power to mitigate the overwhelming fire damage.

yeah so whats your strategy for success? how do you intend on taking down the biggest baddest enemies in all of wraeclast?

"its quite simple, exile. i just set myself on fire and hope that the fire doesnt kill me!"

Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Feb 4, 2022, 5:31:35 AM
Thanks for the guide. I never played RF and I think I'll start it this league (filthy casual).

I was wondering whether you think Divine Shield might be beneficial. I expect that ES regeneration (even with a minuscule amount of ES) would lessen the burden on life regeneration and therefore improve survivability (if even needed). Usually life builds with low amounts of ES would not really benefit from that keystone but because the regeneration seems to be independent of ES amount and we take here continuously degen, it might be beneficial in this case, what do you think?

Second, do you think it would make sense to try out the buffed fire trap instead of flame wall? The advantage that I see is that it is hitting (i.e. using Combustion Support for lowering fire resistance) and the damage seem ~33% higher now. The disadvantages might be the low trap throwing speed (1s vs 0.5s cast time flame wall) and the short burning ground duration (1.75s vs 4.9s Flame wall vs 8s Searing bond). So, do you think fire trap could be competitive?
<< the journey is the destination >>
RF inquisitor or jugg which is better. Am casual so want tanky and safe character that I can play only whole league
Im 27 now, and still cant sustain RF. I have all the nodes needed for 22. And im maxed on FR at 76%.

I have 150 regen, but i have 960 hp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info