Fire Trap

"
Torrenz wrote:
trap nodes and spell damage do NOT affect the ground fire
burn damage was nearly halfed for me with the patch, I'm running lightning trap fire trap so I need to scale with generic spell or trap damage and now I get nothing

I'd assume the 10% trap resist penetration doesn't affect it either

Trap nodes DOES affect the burn damage, that can be seen in the tooltip, take a trap node and see the burndamage increase :P
Spell damage does NOT affect the burndamage however
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
And no, Pen won't apply. That is an on-Hit effect.
well, am I alone in thinking the nerf to the base burn damage was too harsh? You can't even scale it with the base damage like ignite does
and apparently puncture doesn't double dip like ignite either

this patch has been a huge bummer so far
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
puncture only double dips with vulnerability curse (and even then i can be wrong but damage types suggest otherwise).
ignite based burning only "double dips" because of resistances, not passive increases.
switching out fire trap for ethereal knives in unique boots that grant trap to skill gems. tremendously overnerfed, and considering single-element damage nodes are some of the most wasteful on the tree, I won't be keeping any of these in my stash. It's not like i'm trying to get huge dps running around with a full melee build. I'm using a wand and caster shield and have aoe nodes. This skill should have just been taken out of the game if it's going to be nerfed so badly, along with the other dead skills; spark, shock nova, poison arrow and viper strike. I understand it was too strong, like a year ago, but this last nerf was completely overboard. There's no reason for this skill to be in the game any more.
Firetrap may inflict two different burninng instances:

-burning ground
-ignited status ailment, for example from "chance to ignite"

according to this thread the first burning damage is buffed by trap damage passives.
has anybody tested the second burning damage?

here are also two threads discussing this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/659800/page/1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/668675/page/1

ggg_daniel says they do, but has someone already tested this?
Haven't tested, but I'm sure they work.
The Trap passives will increase the initial damage dealt (the explosion). Therefore, any ignite caused by the Trap will be more powerful as well.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
i wondered if they double dip:
do trap passives increase the
-initial explosion
-burning damage caused by the explosion
Need some advice on choosing between 2 support gems: iron will & fire penetration.

Got ~300 str so its a 60% spell dmg boost but it wont go up much more than that.. Am running with flammability & ele weakness so im not sure i need much more than what i got atm (nearly -100% to fire res), i understand that fire penetration helps against curse immune mobs but still a 60% spell dmg boost seems much nicer generally.
Would appreciate any advice, thanks!
IGN:
ExplodingSavageDrunkard
Does concentrated effect work on both the initial hit + burning damage with its "more" multiplier?
PM me here is best way to contact me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info