Fire Trap

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 10:47:12 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 10:47:29 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
not sure if its intended or not but this is classified as a spell but does not benefit from spell damage, forgot to mention they also lack any sort of crit chance at least in the offense screen
Last edited by allmightyspoon on May 9, 2012, 4:39:41 AM
I tested with 10% spell damage and the DPS value increased, so I assumed was affected by Spell Damage.

In any case, from level 1 to 10 this has been a wonderful skill. The gameplay as a dual weilding melee character is now more fun when there is another tactical option with traps. It also works fine as a ranged attack to target ranged attacking enemies.
"
anteolsson wrote:
I tested with 10% spell damage and the DPS value increased, so I assumed was affected by Spell Damage.

In any case, from level 1 to 10 this has been a wonderful skill. The gameplay as a dual weilding melee character is now more fun when there is another tactical option with traps. It also works fine as a ranged attack to target ranged attacking enemies.

I have been using it for the same purpose as a dual wielder. Traps are pretty fun, I'll have to see if it scales well enough to keep using it if I don't invest in spell damage.
really enjoyed this trap so far.

i assume AoE and +fire/elemental dmg passives affect the explosion?
~SotW HC Guild~

"
anteolsson wrote:

ill go double check to see if my in game ui just was not listing it properly, will edit in wether or not it is from that test

after double checking it does increase its listed dps just not the damage values in the tooltip when you mouse over the skill in your hotbar.

still find it odd that both this and bear trap have 0 crit chance when they're in a crit centric classes area in terms of their passives and design.
Last edited by allmightyspoon on May 9, 2012, 9:23:43 PM
At low levels as a ranger with just fire trap and bear trap soloed most yellow / bosses with ease.

It worked amazingly well for Brutus, launching 2 fire and the bear on top of each other, and kiting Brutus into the mix. Looking forward to see how well it scales at higher levels.
This skill is pretty fun but I have a question. Increased quantity/rarity supports won't effect this skill will it because the fire damage is a DoT?

"
Mitch420 wrote:
This skill is pretty fun but I have a question. Increased quantity/rarity supports won't effect this skill will it because the fire damage is a DoT?
They'll apply to anything killed by the initial explosion, but not the burning over time.
i notice that the DoT is either like poison arrow or firestorm. which is it? i know it can inflict burning sometimes after the explosion, causing even more damage every second while on the chars.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info