Fire Trap

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 10:47:12 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 10:47:29 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Mitch420 wrote:
This skill is pretty fun but I have a question. Increased quantity/rarity supports won't effect this skill will it because the fire damage is a DoT?
They'll apply to anything killed by the initial explosion, but not the burning over time.
"
Serika wrote:
I'm curious, can this skill crit?
Nope. But it's supposed to be able to. This oversight will be fixed soon, same with Bear Trap.
"
Targuil wrote:
Fire Trap also does not benefit from concentrated area support.
Fire trap has been fixed to work with area-based supports for 0.9.11.
"
RysanMarquise wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Targuil wrote:
Fire Trap also does not benefit from concentrated area support.
Fire trap has been fixed to work with area-based supports for 0.9.11.

Will this cause the DoT to increase in damage with Concentrated Effect, or will it just decrease in size?
It sill increase the damage dealt in the initial explosion, it can't affect degen/DoT effects at the moment.
"
Xapti wrote:
Is fire trap affected by increased burn damage passives? I would tend to think no since I don't think it actually applies burning? (I can't remember)
The skill applies burning damage increases to the fire damage per minute dealt by the ground fire.

You are correct that technically it can't apply the actual burning buff (but I may be able to change this in future) but the buff it applies is identical other than how it works when applied as an aura. This means that 'in burning ground' and 'burning' will stack together if both are present on the same enemy.
Fire trap was not dealing area damage, this has been fixed for 0.9.12
"
Thalandor wrote:
It seems to me that Vulnerability does not increase the damage over time of fire trap. Can anyone help confirm this ?
There does appear to be a problem with this currently. I've made a note to investigate when I have time and fix it up. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
"
askael wrote:
I learned passive " 5% increase elemental damage" but nothing changes...whY?
But this skill have bonus from spell damage.
The most likely explanation is that the base damage on your gem is low enough, and you have enough % increased damage already applying, that getting another 5% increase wasn't enough to add a whole point of damage.

With a low level fire trap gem, this is quite possible. But as you get more elemental damage bonuses (and other applicable bonuses, they'll continue to stack until they have a noticable effect).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 13, 2012, 7:07:59 PM
Yes, if it ignites something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info