Fire Trap

I'm wondering about critical strike on this trap.
So the question is : this trap is only affected by spell crit and spell crit multiplier?
IGN GarrukPrimeHunter/MasterTrapster
It deals Spell Damage. It is affected by generic Crit modifiers and Spell-specific Crit modifiers, just like all other Spells dealing Spell Damage.
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.2

[li]Generic modifiers to damage dealt will now apply to damage over time that your character causes. Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply. Non-specific "increased damage" modifiers will apply to damage over time. Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.[/li]
[li]Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

Does this mean, that if i make a build revolving around trap/mine nodes, that my fire trap's initial AND burning damage get increased from the trap node +%damage?
Or does only fire/burning damage from nodes increase the burning?

This would be very interesting to know since i'm trying to build an critting firetrapper with totemsupports :)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.2

[li]Generic modifiers to damage dealt will now apply to damage over time that your character causes. Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply. Non-specific "increased damage" modifiers will apply to damage over time. Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.[/li]
[li]Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

Does this mean, that if i make a build revolving around trap/mine nodes, that my fire trap's initial AND burning damage get increased from the trap node +%damage?

This would be very interesting to know since i'm trying to build an critting firetrapper with totemsupports :)

I am assuming it would be like this, but I am definitly not 1 shotting packs anymore. Same goes for flame totem. Need a clear answer on how traps, totems and mines are influenced by these changes.
Fire Trap's burning ground does appear to benefit from the Increased Trap Damage passives. There is also a very noticeable boost when combining it with Remote Mine because of both the More Damage on the support gem and double-dipping from the hybrid Trap/Mine passives. By itself my Fire Trap at lvl16 goes from 177 base dps to 345 dps, but supported with Remote Mine goes to 744 dps. Based on limited testing these bonuses seem to also apply to Ignite caused by Fire Trap. The biggest problem with using mines with Fire Trap is that the mine doesn't throw the trap at enemies, but rather places the trap on top of itself.
"
Ozgwald wrote:
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.2

I am assuming it would be like this, but I am definitly not 1 shotting packs anymore. Same goes for flame totem. Need a clear answer on how traps, totems and mines are influenced by these changes.

Same here, my build now revolves around diredamage/burning and crits, but maybe i would get better damage from taking trap nodes instead, using firetrap etc. in one 6L, and flame totem+trap support etc. in another.
I think i'll get out some decent damage this way, but i don't know if the nodes enhance the dot's.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Yep, interested in the same question.

It pissess me off so much that GGG is not clear about this game's mechanics. Why do I have to spent an hour going through forums looking if anyone knows the answer to this question.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Tests with firetrap:

Fire nodes work burn+initial hit
Burning nodes work(burning only)
elemental damage nodes work
crit nodes work burn+initial hit
TRAP NODES work burn+initial hit
Spelldamage work on initial hit only
elemental damage with spells work on initial hit only

Tests with flame totem+trap support:

Fire nodes work
crit nodes work
TRAP NODES work
Spelldamage work
elemental damage with spells work

This means that an firespell supported by trap support gains damage from ANY source!

Tests where concluded in town with fire trap and flame totem and some free respec points =)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
Tests with firetrap:

Fire nodes work burn+initial hit
Burning nodes work(burning only)
crit nodes work burn+initial hit
TRAP NODES work burn+initial hit
Spelldamage work on initial hit only
elemental damage with spells work on initial hit only

Tests with flame totem+trap support:

Fire nodes work
crit nodes work
TRAP NODES work
Spelldamage work
elemental damage with spells work

This means that an firespell supported by trap support gains damage from ANY source!

Tests where concluded in town with fire trap and flame totem and some free respec points =)

Thanks for this information and doing all the tests.
trap nodes and spell damage do NOT affect the ground fire
burn damage was nearly halfed for me with the patch, I'm running lightning trap fire trap so I need to scale with generic spell or trap damage and now I get nothing

I'd assume the 10% trap resist penetration doesn't affect it either
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info