Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

Ok, so after geting some gear, 12 pc, about 400 crit multi, doing some sirus rotations and stuff the bossing with this build is insane, sirus A9 doesnt have a phase 3 cause he just dies so fast! No phase 3 abilities lol so crazy.

Mapping is great, brands spread like crazy and kill so fast, brand recall explodes packs in a fraction of a second.

But it was squishy until i got one thing! Life leech on vitality watcher s eye! it s still squishy and u gona die if u dont dodge harder hiting telegraphed stuff, but you feel much tankier with Es leech from clusters + Life leech from WE and about 5.9k EHP (3.7hp + 2.2k es)it feels much better cause those lots of small hits just get healed off so fast! It really was a game changer when i got it.

Also, i traded the cast on death portal thing for a anomalous immortal call setup with enhance duration and second wind! just another defensive layer on easy LMB setup.

Saving for HH now, which i think will make mapping just more insane, and safer. Adding to the crazy bossing! :D

Superb fun build! Thank you for the guide!
Last edited by Vampz on Feb 10, 2021, 10:14:30 PM
"
Vampz wrote:

But it was squishy until i got one thing! Life leech on vitality watcher s eye! it s still squishy and u gona die if u dont dodge harder hiting telegraphed stuff, but you feel much tankier with Es leech from clusters + Life leech from WE and about 5.9k EHP (3.7hp + 2.2k es)it feels much better cause those lots of small hits just get healed off so fast! It really was a game changer when i got it.

Which cluster are you referring to for ES leech?
I still don't understand which situation is suitable for casting 'Brand Recall', I am mainly playing storm brand as a ranged spell so I just recast it to clear another packs. For my understanding, brand recall playstyle means you have to walk into packs because BR recalls those brands under your feet. However, doesn't 'Walking in packs play style' contradict squishy unit concept of this build, also sacrifice the advantage of being ranged.
"
TwoTime9394 wrote:
"
Vampz wrote:

Which cluster are you referring to for ES leech?

With the ones the author of the build listed in the build guide!

Storm drinker passive on large clusters.
Last edited by Vampz on Feb 11, 2021, 8:01:41 AM
"
Sangundam wrote:
I still don't understand which situation is suitable for casting 'Brand Recall', I am mainly playing storm brand as a ranged spell so I just recast it to clear another packs. For my understanding, brand recall playstyle means you have to walk into packs because BR recalls those brands under your feet. However, doesn't 'Walking in packs play style' contradict squishy unit concept of this build, also sacrifice the advantage of being ranged.

Well, brands have huge attachment range. The triple cluster jewel setup is what really makes it work so well.

What i do is run between a couple packs, keeping my distance from the pack, brand recall some meters away, brands attach to the enemies on the outer rims of the packs, and then spread inside the pack by themselfs and clear real fast! U dont jump into packs, u proly can with HH tho.

And even when u jump into packs and brand recall (instant spell), they die so fast it s fine most of the time, but only if u have both sources of leech i think.

When u brand recall they spread so fast and impulsa does a lot of aoe dmg, it s amazing.

All this while keeping 5 brands up ofc.
Last edited by Vampz on Feb 11, 2021, 8:12:52 AM
hey, really love the guide and i thank you for making it! :D

got a question, is there a way to make this a bit more tanky and not a complete glass cannon? im getting annihilated within 2 hits..res capped with around life like you..thanks
Hi, thank you so much for the guide; it's helped me a ton. I was running a two large cluster jewel setup before switching to your setup and the difference was amazing. Slightly squishier, but the increased oomph really helps with dismantling enemies before they get close.

I've tried the recommended premium gloves, and made myself a perfect pair with maven enhanced culling and unnerve on them, but after trying them for a couple of maps it just felt way worse than regular old Storm's Gift. My deaths went up from 0 to about 3 per map even though I was still hitting 100% crit and resist cap and had more hp. The shock spread from the Storms Gift helps with the explosion chain and the flat crit implicit makes hitting the crit cap trivial, and you're close even without bottled faith up. So I sold the premium gloves and went back to the drawing board for some modifications:

We're already incredibly low on resists and dex, especially in the midrange-premium version, and once you get to running fractured rings suffix mods are gonna be at a huge premium. Adding Storms Gift makes this even worse. But jewels are as an item type waaaaay more efficient with crit multi than with resists/attributes. And while Alira might help out most builds, it feels really bad here since we can easily get to some additional jewel sockets/life nodes with the extra points.

To accommodate I've moved the life leech from the Watchers Eye to one of the large cluster jewels where I take the back node for one which I rolled with Doryani's Lesson. Now the Watchers Eye has a lot of extra possible mods; double penetration is still amazing, but really pricey for what it does. Instead I found one with chaos resistance while affected by Purity of Elements and flask charges on crit while affected by Precision for only 4ex. That last one is optional, but really helps with bosses with multiple phases. I'm also considering buying the one on the market right now that has immune to elemental weakness to swap in/out for maps with the curse as we're running three unique flasks.

The aura setup I'm running with Wrath, Enlighten 4, Purity of elements, and Precision has a little lower regen than the old setup with Clarity. But the reserved mana is lower and the regen with Arcane Surge and Cinderswallow is plenty to sustain dashing through maps. The 28% elemental resistances and in my case 49% chaos resistance help a ton with survivability and hitting resistance caps, and make it much easier to expand into the power charge (with curse) rings and crit multi jewels.

I haven't rolled favorable enough yet on my fractured fossils to find a ring setup that I want to commit to, and still got some upgrades to go: jewels, ignite abyssal jewel, two to three levels, perfecting the harvest crafts on the helm, quality on the Replica Soul Tether, alternate quality enchant on the Inpulsa's Broken Heart. I was wondering what you thought of this version of your setup and if you had some ideas about improvements?
Hello everyone, I have a specific question. Could you give me some advice to fight effectively against the chimera? I can't take the damage he does with the hidden attack and since I don't hit the life and ES leech doesn't work
Which Atlas Region is the most suitable for this build? Currently doing Valdo's Rest Harbinger farming, but Proximity Shield is super annoying for Storm Brand. Any advice Atlas Strategy that specially utilizing Storm Brand unit? BTW it's a very detailed and in depth guide thx so much for your effort.
"
Sangundam wrote:
Which Atlas Region is the most suitable for this build? Currently doing Valdo's Rest Harbinger farming, but Proximity Shield is super annoying for Storm Brand. Any advice Atlas Strategy that specially utilizing Storm Brand unit? BTW it's a very detailed and in depth guide thx so much for your effort.

If you can reliable break out a full legion with this build (and I wouldn't know, still levelling), then New Vastir legion farming is pretty fucking good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info