[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

"
Fiatil wrote:
Yeaaah that's what I was thinking. So I'm guessing the totems alternate in your PoB isn't really viable? That seemed like a great synergy with divine ire, but two self-cast channeling spells seems a bit rough for survivability.

Oh I removed the totems from the PoB a while ago, check it out.
Would this work with Crackling Lance?
"
SoupJoond wrote:
"
Fiatil wrote:
Probably a dumb question, but does Mastermind of Discord work with Scorching Ray on totems? Or do you have to manually cast scorching ray for it to trigger the effects?

It does not if the text is accurate. "Your exposures" are not "Your totem's exposures."

Can't rely on that tho. For example, Cinderswallow has the "Enemies Ignited by you during Flask Effect take 10% increased Damage" line. That works if totems deliver the ignite. Reason for that is that all ignites are always "owned" by the player. If it is the same for exposure, it might work too.

Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 14, 2021, 2:56:52 PM
"
SoupJoond wrote:
"
Fiatil wrote:
Yeaaah that's what I was thinking. So I'm guessing the totems alternate in your PoB isn't really viable? That seemed like a great synergy with divine ire, but two self-cast channeling spells seems a bit rough for survivability.

Ahh yeah that looks a lot different. I'll move forward assuming it doesn't work with totems (considering the last poster's comments) then.

So if I'm understanding correctly, the golem defensive version is now the practical version of the build for new league, while the max DPS one is mostly just theoretical PoB fun with numbers stuff?

In the max DPS version would you be switching between channeling DI and channeling scorching ray to apply exposure (since it looks like you have those nodes), or am I missing something?
"
Fiatil wrote:
"
SoupJoond wrote:
"
Fiatil wrote:

Ahh yeah that looks a lot different. I'll move forward assuming it doesn't work with totems (considering the last poster's comments) then.

So if I'm understanding correctly, the golem defensive version is now the practical version of the build for new league, while the max DPS one is mostly just theoretical PoB fun with numbers stuff?

In the max DPS version would you be switching between channeling DI and channeling scorching ray to apply exposure (since it looks like you have those nodes), or am I missing something?

In the pure DPS version yeah I had Scorching Ray on a 6L as well but it really just doesn't seem worth it. The damage is absurd but its well past the point of most boss health pools.
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
SoupJoond wrote:
"
Fiatil wrote:
Probably a dumb question, but does Mastermind of Discord work with Scorching Ray on totems? Or do you have to manually cast scorching ray for it to trigger the effects?

It does not if the text is accurate. "Your exposures" are not "Your totem's exposures."

Can't rely on that tho. For example, Cinderswallow has the "Enemies Ignited by you during Flask Effect take 10% increased Damage" line. That works if totems deliver the ignite. Reason for that is that all ignites are always "owned" by the player. If it is the same for exposure, it might work too.

That's interesting then, actually. Either way, going that route severely lowers your defenses.
I kinda built my own thing in POB and it seems that without gem lvls from gear and awakened supports, we are looking at 500k ignite dps with a 6 link and 1c items. Looks decent enough for a league start.
Heh yeah ultimately I think the golem route is just the way to go.

I asked around and the general consensus seems to be that Mastermind of Discord DOES work with totems, but I read it the same way as you initially too (and I'm still not 100% sure).
"
Smacme wrote:
Would this work with Crackling Lance?

Technically yes but the build benefits far more from Elemental Conversion skills like Divine Ire rather than just single damage type skills like Crackling Lance. It would be significantly weaker.
"
SoupJoond wrote:
"
Fiatil wrote:

Totems, Traps and Mines inherit your offensive stats (which includes Keystones and Passives). That's why they trigger stuff like Elemental Equilibrium if you skilled it on your Tree. They should also work with Mastermind of Discord for that exact reason.

Minions on the other hand do not inherit your offensive stats. They will not triggered Elemental Equilibrium unless you provided it to them directly (Socketing them into Malachai's Artifice) and should not work with Mastermind of Discord.
Last edited by Firnblut on Jan 14, 2021, 4:02:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info