[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

"
haitike wrote:
I thought it was a good league starter because it didn't require too much gear for a decent dps. Is this build bad as league starter?

Not so sure about the low gear requirement. It is decent in that it can quite easily get you to yellow maps. Above that, however, it will only begin to really shine after more serious investment, especially in weapons and cluster jewels department.

Just look at the popularity decline after league start. Everyone thought this thing would be busted - and it was, but only on paper. In reality, Divine Ire is a clunky skill. It not only requires you to stand still for a significant amount of time (which makes you susceptible to hits) and scales massively with high cast speed and area of effect investment, but also is really mana intensive, which substantially limits your options of scaling damage. This can be built around, obviously, but is still a consideration since "building around" costs money.

I had the most fun I've ever had this league; by far my most successful build and strongest, even when I gimped myself by going the Blackflame route. However, I had to invest a lot of my time and currency in order for this build to reach respectable levels of damage and defenses and make it "feel good". Without that, and if you're not intent on sticking with it to the end, you'll be best playing something else. And there is a lot to choose from, lots of viable approaches to ignite.

Not trying to dissuade you from playing DI or anything. Just a friendly recommendation to try the skill out in standard before you hop on the hype-train (or what remains of it, at least) and end up being disappointed like many others who gave up on it.
"
Trikzter wrote:
In reality, Divine Ire is a clunky skill. It not only requires you to stand still for a significant amount of time (which makes you susceptible to hits) and scales massively with high cast speed and area of effect investment, but also is really mana intensive, which substantially limits your options of scaling damage. This can be built around, obviously, but is still a consideration since "building around" costs money.

Yup! I haven't played the build but I've spent a good few hundred hours in PoB with very often getting amazing numbers on Divine Ire and getting excited about it but once I start testing it in game it falls flat completely.
The realistic damage is always somewhere 50 - 70% lower during boss fights.

It's most of all due to the fact that we calculate the damage with 20 stacks but in game such a scenario almost never happens. This 20 stacks of damage has to be fully and properly supported by all the skills which buff up the damage - again, not happening. It is acceptable with skills that have multiple attacks per second but not with something that needs multiple seconds of channeling and proper timing.

Not dissing the guide maker, just saw this specific post resonating with my own experience as well.
Not playing 3.20 - just a sm0l break, builds are still fine.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Yup! I haven't played the build but I've spent a good few hundred hours in PoB with very often getting amazing numbers on Divine Ire and getting excited about it but once I start testing it in game it falls flat completely.
The realistic damage is always somewhere 50 - 70% lower during boss fights.

It's most of all due to the fact that we calculate the damage with 20 stacks but in game such a scenario almost never happens. This 20 stacks of damage has to be fully and properly supported by all the skills which buff up the damage - again, not happening. It is acceptable with skills that have multiple attacks per second but not with something that needs multiple seconds of channeling and proper timing.

Not dissing the guide maker, just saw this specific post resonating with my own experience as well.

Well, it's not THAT bad, it just requires you to:
1) have enough cast speed and mana recovery to reach and maintain 20 stacks pre-fight and enough damage to insta-phase end-game bosses (Sirus or Maven) or insta-kill everything else (Guardians included), and
2) have enough damage to one-tap entire packs (that is, kill them with one stack).
This was easier than it sounds in Ritual which was printing currency left and right, but will be much more difficult in Ultimatum due to various across-the-board nerfs to crafting and item availability.

One redeeming quality of DI is that in sufficiently packed maps (t19 100% deli with triple beyond for instance) you'll be reaching 20 stacks INSTANTLY, so you will actually have 100% damage efficiency.
Last edited by Trikzter on Apr 14, 2021, 5:55:24 PM
"
Trikzter wrote:

Well, it's not THAT bad, it just requires you to:
1) have enough cast speed and mana recovery to reach and maintain 20 stacks pre-fight and enough damage to insta-phase end-game bosses (Sirus or Maven) or insta-kill everything else (Guardians included), and
2) have enough damage to one-tap entire packs (that is, kill them with one stack).
This was easier than it sounds in Ritual which was printing currency left and right, but will be much more difficult in Ultimatum due various, across-the-board nerfs to crafting and item availability.

One redeeming quality of DI is that in sufficiently packed maps (even t19 100% deli with triple beyond) you'll be reaching 20 stacks INSTANTLY, so you will actually have 100% damage efficiency.

That is true but I have to admit that I've never used DI as a mapping skill, only for bosses.
Not playing 3.20 - just a sm0l break, builds are still fine.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
That is true but I have to admit that I've never used DI as a mapping skill, only for bosses.

It's very decent actually, and becomes buttery smooth with sufficient investment. With my gear - best mapper I've ever had, very zoom-zoom. Not very defensive but it's of not much consequence if specced into explo, conversion and area of effect.
"
Trikzter wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

It's very decent actually, and becomes buttery smooth with sufficient investment. With my gear - best mapper I've ever had, very zoom-zoom. Not very defensive but it's of not much consequence if specced into explo, conversion and area of effect.

Everyone, myself included, faced the same concern with the build, I'm in the process of trying it but with Shaper of Winter instead of flames, has anyone tried it yet?
"
MinDokan wrote:
"
Trikzter wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Everyone, myself included, faced the same concern with the build, I'm in the process of trying it but with Shaper of Winter instead of flames, has anyone tried it yet?

The selling point of going ignite Elementalist is precisely the Shaper of Flames notable which makes it so that every type of damage will count towards your ignite damage. Granted, this can be achieved (to a certain extent) by any other class, but at a significant cost: you would need to equip Stormfire (lightning damage can ignite), Hrimburn (cold damage can ignite) and Zerphi's Heart (chaos damage can ignite). Otherwise, your damage will suffer and there would be no point using such a clunky skill as Divine Ire.
I'm not sure what you'd like to achieve by abandoning Shaper of Flames and going Shaper of Winter - can you elaborate?
That is correct, for the ignite build, Shaper of Winter wont work, it would be a totally different build.
"
I'm not sure what you'd like to achieve by abandoning Shaper of Flames and going Shaper of Winter - can you elaborate?

The reasoning behind this is survival on the Ultimatum trials. With Shaper of Winter you apply chill, leading to freeze.
Like I say above, it's probably a totally different build, no ignite but can we probably achieve permanet freeze?
The thing is, I love playing Divine Ire, this season started with Flame wall and I don't like it :P I like the idea of getting back to Divine Ire but with the trials being difficult probably I won't stand a chance he

Curiously, as soon as I finished this post, went to Poe Ninja and looks like someone managed to reach level 100 with Shaper of Winter, ha (2 call of brotherhoods tho)
Last edited by MinDokan on Apr 23, 2021, 10:27:25 PM
"
MinDokan wrote:
That is correct, for the ignite build, Shaper of Winter wont work, it would be a totally different build.
"

The reasoning behind this is survival on the Ultimatum trials. With Shaper of Winter you apply chill, leading to freeze.
Like I say above, it's probably a totally different build, no ignite but can we probably achieve permanet freeze?
The thing is, I love playing Divine Ire, this season started with Flame wall and I don't like it :P I like the idea of getting back to Divine Ire but with the trials being difficult probably I won't stand a chance he

Curiously, as soon as I finished this post, went to Poe Ninja and looks like someone managed to reach level 100 with Shaper of Winter, ha (2 call of brotherhoods tho)

Sorry, can't really help you, this specific build is centered around ignite, haven't played any other version. You'd be better off asking someone more knowledgeable about the cold conversion DI.
However, from what I can see on ninja, there are people playing ignite-based DI with some success. Overall, ignite/burning seems solid this league, I'd give this build a shot if you have some currency lying around.
Hello! I have a question: does Agnerod fit in this build? Is this viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info