[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

"
haitike wrote:
I would like to try this build next league as league starter (it seems good on low budget) but the PoB on the first page seems old and nowadays people are building this differently. I have some doubts:

1) It seems Shaper of Storms is not recommended anymore, but in the last pages some people recommend Mastermind of Discord. But in some new PoB I've seen in the thread (and poe.ninja builds) I've seen Bastion of Elements picked instead. Which one do you recommend? The first one for full DPS and the second one for defences?

2) Which one do you prefer, staves of sceptres?

3) Empower or meat shield in the golems? Or both and place them in the armour if you have a staff?

4) I understand that this build original recommendation of 100% full lightning conversion with no fire damage was meant so you get automatic elemental equilibrium and good shock. If I do not take shaper of storms, should I still aim to 100% lightning or should I go for fire damage?

Thanks a lot.

I played this only during acting, before switching to Doryani's Fist, so I can't answer everything (namely, your 2nd question), but as both builds share similarities I hope I can help.

1) There is not much to add. For regular mapping, Mastermind of Discord simply does nothing, as monsters die in a split second anyway, while Bastion of Elements considerably reduces the number of oneshots and allows to run elemental reflect maps. When it comes to bosses, having more damage helps a lot, but Bastion is quite handy in some situations, such as Maven's Invitation: Twisted/Hidden, and obviously Atziri.

As for Shaper of Storms, it shines combined with other sources of increased shock. This is why I switched to Doryani's Fist, among other reasons.

3) Empower really helps reducing physical damage, which is the build's main weakness, as it brings Chaos Golem's base reduction from 4 to 5%, and there are tons of %buff effect around.

4) Actually, 100% conversion isn't because of Shaper of Storms (all damage can shock, and with incrases, lightning is superior to physical anyway), but because of the multiple %increased lightning/elemental damage nodes in the tree. So you need to convert 100% of physical damage anyway.
As for adding fire, I really think EE is by far the best option for this build, and any build that ignites with a non-fire skill. When using Shaper of Flames, either you manage to have fire damage as main damage source, and in this case, there are much better skills to use than Divine Ire; several Burning Arrow Elementalists have been posted that do such a thing and DI just can't compete. Or, you just don't deal fire damage at all and use EE. Anything in between either misses 25% more damage or -50% enemy resistance for no real reason. One could say that in this case, you could use Blackflame, but even then, Blackflame would be better with fire as primary damage...
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
haitike wrote:
I would like to try this build next league as league starter (it seems good on low budget) but the PoB on the first page seems old and nowadays people are building this differently. I have some doubts:

1) It seems Shaper of Storms is not recommended anymore, but in the last pages some people recommend Mastermind of Discord. But in some new PoB I've seen in the thread (and poe.ninja builds) I've seen Bastion of Elements picked instead. Which one do you recommend? The first one for full DPS and the second one for defences?

3) Empower or meat shield in the golems? Or both and place them in the armour if you have a staff?

4) I understand that this build original recommendation of 100% full lightning conversion with no fire damage was meant so you get automatic elemental equilibrium and good shock. If I do not take shaper of storms, should I still aim to 100% lightning or should I go for fire damage?

Thanks a lot.

I played this only during acting, before switching to Doryani's Fist, so I can't answer everything (namely, your 2nd question), but as both builds share similarities I hope I can help.

1) There is not much to add. For regular mapping, Mastermind of Discord simply does nothing, as monsters die in a split second anyway, while Bastion of Elements considerably reduces the number of oneshots and allows to run elemental reflect maps. When it comes to bosses, having more damage helps a lot, but Bastion is quite handy in some situations, such as Maven's Invitation: Twisted/Hidden, and obviously Atziri.

As for Shaper of Storms, it shines combined with other sources of increased shock. This is why I switched to Doryani's Fist, among other reasons.

3) Empower really helps reducing physical damage, which is the build's main weakness, as it brings Chaos Golem's base reduction from 4 to 5%, and there are tons of %buff effect around.

4) Actually, 100% conversion isn't because of Shaper of Storms (all damage can shock, and with incrases, lightning is superior to physical anyway), but because of the multiple %increased lightning/elemental damage nodes in the tree. So you need to convert 100% of physical damage anyway.
As for adding fire, I really think EE is by far the best option for this build, and any build that ignites with a non-fire skill. When using Shaper of Flames, either you manage to have fire damage as main damage source, and in this case, there are much better skills to use than Divine Ire; several Burning Arrow Elementalists have been posted that do such a thing and DI just can't compete. Or, you just don't deal fire damage at all and use EE. Anything in between either misses 25% more damage or -50% enemy resistance for no real reason. One could say that in this case, you could use Blackflame, but even then, Blackflame would be better with fire as primary damage...

Thank you.

So if I use 100% lightning damage with divine Ire, I have permanent and automatic EE because ignite doesn't hit. But If I also use Wave of Conviction for fire exposure I need to use Storm Brand too for overriding wave of conviction EE?
Last edited by haitike on Mar 30, 2021, 7:42:40 AM
That's it. You have to ensure Wave of Conviction's highest damage is fire, but added fire damage support can help; and Storm Brand is a good addition anyway for Elemental Overload when bossing.

On a side note, you won't have 100% damage as lightning with this build: you do want to convert all your physical damage lo lightning, but you also run Hatred/taste of Hate for extra cold damage, and Atziri's Promise for extra chaos, in order to use Shaper of Flames to its full extent.
I'll add that basically the only reason 100% phys to ele conversion is recommended is to avoid killing yourself with phys reflect. Damage does not really change unless you're converting extensively (Eternity Shroud, for example).

As for staves vs. scepters, this boils down to your preference (avoid wands though). The former should net you higher defences due to easier access to block nodes, while the latter (in dual-wield setup at least) should allow you to reach higher damage and permits more versatility (trigger socketed spells, missing resistances, etc.). Both options work, however. Pick what you like, doesn't really matter imo. :)

I'll also quote what I wrote some time ago about damage scaling with DI.
Spoiler
When playing the new Elementalist you have to make a decision which method you'll be using to scale your damage.
First, you have the aforementioned Elemental Equilibrium. This requires you to: 1) either have no fire damage on your Divine Ire so you can apply EE directly from Divine Ire, 2) use Orb of Storm or Stormbrand to apply EE after an enemy has been ignited by Divine Ire (OoS and Stormbrand will override the previous application of EE so enemies will have negative fire resistance), or 3) use the Malachai's Artifice ring if your Divine Ire has any fire damage originating from conversions for more reliable uptime of EE, or 4) use the Malachai's Artifice ring with a Lightning Golem if there are any sources of added fire damage to spells on your items. I feel the Lightning Golem route is the least reliable so I'd recommend avoiding it.

Second, you can make full use of the Shaper of Flames elementalist notable, making sure that fire damage is the highest damage type you inflict your ignites with. This way, your ignites will deal 25% more damage. This can be achieved by converting your physical damage to fire (for example by Magmatic Strikes on the tree, a craft on your gloves, certain explicits on gloves or weapons) and using Herald of Ash. This is more difficult, but in theory should net you more dps than EE.

Third, there is the Blacklame ring, which makes enemies take chaos damage instead of fire damage from ignites. Thanks to Despair curse and Wither totems, this can be extremely powerful - I managed to reach almost 6M dps on my clear setup (dual obliteration) and mind-boggling 11.5M on my single target setup.

These methods can be combined, at least to some extent, but this is by no means an easy feat, so not really recommended, at least at the beginning of your DI journey.
Last edited by Trikzter on Mar 30, 2021, 5:42:37 PM
"
haitike wrote:

Thanks a lot.

Hi there, Exile ;)

I've played this Build the whole League, its been tons of fun.

1. Shaper of Storms is still a powerful option especially when combined with

Mastermind of Discord should net a little bit more DPS but those 25-30% physical damage felt like the perfect trade off.
Pick Bastion of Elements if you need more survivability, although, Shaper of Storms +
feels as "tanky" but with more damage xD

2. Staves! as its easy to get good dps and some valuable defences, Sceptre+Shield for more surviveablity, dual sceptre for max dps (wouldnt recommend, build isnt tanky)

3. Anomalous Golems with Empower and Meat Shield! Great for offense and defense, felt like a huge bump in terms of tankyness (no flaskpiano up until juiced T14)

4. converting all your phys to lightning (noteable + glove craft), in terms of raw dps numbers, would be useless, but in terms of gearing makes it a little bit easier to get some useable/valuable rolls

With some shenanigans like Focus i'm actually able to do a 8sec 7.5M Sirus DPS ignite (60M Total Ignite Damage)

PoB: https://pastebin.com/MYSXLhL4

Using one of the new helmet bases
for my Stormbrand-Hextouch Setup

Went Leapslam as my movement skill to get Fortify with Fist of War Support and Faster Attacks Support. Fist of War is a mere QoL gem, makes hitting something with leapslam way more consistant for maximum Fortify uptime.
thanks for the guide
Last edited by GoldSoulTheory on Apr 14, 2021, 6:26:15 PM
So the main nerfs from the Balance manifesto is wave of conviction exposure (and not everyone was using it) and Bastion of elements. Or I'm missing something else?
Last edited by haitike on Apr 12, 2021, 7:02:48 PM
Holy shit 25% hit on Bastion, i hope nothing else get touched
"
haitike wrote:
So the main nerfs from the Balance manifesto is wave of conviction exposure (and not everyone was using it) and Bastion of elements. Or I'm missing something else?

No, I think that's it, so the build's safe. Still not a great starter though. :D

Unless anyone wanted to use the trigger craft - this also has been hit.
Last edited by Trikzter on Apr 14, 2021, 1:47:13 AM
"
Trikzter wrote:
"
haitike wrote:

No, I think that's it, so the build's safe. Still not a great starter though. :D

I thought it was a good league starter because it didn't require too much gear for a decent dps. Is this build bad as league starter?
Last edited by haitike on Apr 14, 2021, 4:48:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info