[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

"
Fun_Hat wrote:
"
pcapece wrote:
Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I last played POE and I'm trying to follow this build (still very early game) but I am confused as most build suggestions in the last pages differ a lot from the OP.

Has there been a general consensus as what is the best build?
Overall I see that people are not going Shaper of Storms and instead going with WoC to apply exposure + full golems.

Is this the way to go?
Can someone link to one that's updated that I can follow more reliably?
Lately I've been following this one:
https://pastebin.com/GRypGQgW

Again, I just got back in the game and am very early, so I'm probably getting ahead of myself looking for suggestions, but I'm a bit excited to push this build.

The one you linked in a good one to follow. Personally though I have been following this one: https://pastebin.com/DEaWxNwp

It has lower DPS than the one you linked, but is more tanky and has more damage per ignite.

And ya, shaper of storms just isn't worth it.

Thanks! I'll look into the one you sent.. more tankyness and more damage per ignite looks like a good idea..
Hello, I was wondering what I can improve on with my build. Currently I am trying to craft fire damage over time and fire damage on my sceptre and im crafting a new shield that has recover %life when you block with some spell block and attack block chance. I will be adding a cluster soon as soon as i get my new shield. i was thinking about removing arcane guarding and re distributing my points a little better in that area by elemental overload.

one of my biggest issues is the double curse set up im running. i dont know if its effective or not. when I unselect and reselect the wrath ring in POB it displays a different number. does anyon know if the double curse set up work or should i change it?

here is my pob

https://pastebin.com/X4qJWvW8
Hi, i've been playing this build since league start, changing it a lot, for better and for worst. although i tried a different approach, the concept is the same.
I need some advice to how can i improve this build because i die to big damages like legion bosses and some buffed uniques from delirium. here is my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/s2p6QyyR

Last edited by felipesallum on Mar 7, 2021, 8:39:27 PM
"
CutePanties wrote:
Hello, I was wondering what I can improve on with my build. Currently I am trying to craft fire damage over time and fire damage on my sceptre and im crafting a new shield that has recover %life when you block with some spell block and attack block chance. I will be adding a cluster soon as soon as i get my new shield. i was thinking about removing arcane guarding and re distributing my points a little better in that area by elemental overload.

one of my biggest issues is the double curse set up im running. i dont know if its effective or not. when I unselect and reselect the wrath ring in POB it displays a different number. does anyon know if the double curse set up work or should i change it?

here is my pob

https://pastebin.com/X4qJWvW8

First of all, you don't have any cluster jewels, which are some of the most effective damage multipliers for ignite builds. For instance, in my case they increase my DPS by around 60%. You cannot go wrong investing in them, and invest you should.

Secondly, you actually have 3 curses: Ele Weakness from ring 1, Flammability from ring 2 and Enfeeble on CwDT, while having 2-curse limit., so there will be situations when one of your curses overrides another. There is some merit in leaving this as it is, since all of those curses have their uses.

Thirdly, you should swap Meat Shield with Empower lv3 for some extra golem utility (Empower also increased golem life so it fulfils the role of Meat Shield - i.e. making golem die less often - as well).

Fourthly, Surrender offers no offensive bonuses to your build, your weapon lacks any Fire DoT multiplier stats, a normal Stygian Vise with a decent abyss jewel would be preferable, your rings have no useful stats aside from curses, not too sure about Windshriek either. I'd start with the shield naturally, and rest after that and only if your currency allows.
Last edited by Trikzter on Mar 8, 2021, 10:48:48 AM
"
felipesallum wrote:
Hi, i've been playing this build since league start, changing it a lot, for better and for worst. although i tried a different approach, the concept is the same.
I need some advice to how can i improve this build because i die to big damages like legion bosses and some buffed uniques from delirium. here is my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/s2p6QyyR

Well, damage-wise your build is on par with mine, even exceeds it, so the problem must lie elsewhere.

1. You have no corrupted blood immunity, and even a bleed removal flask is missing for whatever reason.
2. Your life regen is pretty average, and with no life flask you're quite prone to dying to degens or multiple larger hits (especially considering you took Glancing Blows notable which makes you take a substantial part of the damage when you block).
3. You haven't invested much in speed - either cast speed or move speed - which means you move slower and need to cast longer in order to reach maximum stacks. This makes you vulnerable and gives enemies a long window of opportunity to attack your character.
4. I imagine you have Steelskin on left click. While a case could be made for leaving other Guard skills on left click (especially Arcane Cloak), this makes Steelskin virtually useless. With Steelskin, timing is of utmost importance. Meaning, Steelskin will not protect you when you need protecting the most and does not fulfill its designated purpose - guarding you against large damage spikes.
5. No Empower on golems means they grant inferior bonuses - linking 1 level 4 Empower with Stone and Chaos golems (instead of Lightning Trap which from what I can see serves no purpose) should increase your defenses quite significantly.
6. You have no explosions or corpse removal of any sort.
Well i'm back again for more advice. Hit a bit of a milestone breaking 3 million DPS, but i'm not sure where to go from here.

I have looked at some other people's gear and builds, and there are certain mods that would raise my DPS, but when I search for gear that has them, they are all very expensive. I have about 30ex laying around right now, but I was hoping to make that go further than just one or two items.

I will gain a bit more when my gems level up, but that's still a far cry from the 8-10 million I am seeing other's builds doing.

Also, my durability has gotten much better, but I am still finding myself getting killed very quickly from time to time by nasty packs in a juiced T16 or certain bosses. Is my defense still lacking?

Here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/SM34WBph

Gear
Spoiler
"
Trikzter wrote:
"
felipesallum wrote:

Well, damage-wise your build is on par with mine, even exceeds it, so the problem must lie elsewhere.

1. You have no corrupted blood immunity, and even a bleed removal flask is missing for whatever reason.
2. Your life regen is pretty average, and with no life flask you're quite prone to dying to degens or multiple larger hits (especially considering you took Glancing Blows notable which makes you take a substantial part of the damage when you block).
3. You haven't invested much in speed - either cast speed or move speed - which means you move slower and need to cast longer in order to reach maximum stacks. This makes you vulnerable and gives enemies a long window of opportunity to attack your character.
4. I imagine you have Steelskin on left click. While a case could be made for leaving other Guard skills on left click (especially Arcane Cloak), this makes Steelskin virtually useless. With Steelskin, timing is of utmost importance. Meaning, Steelskin will not protect you when you need protecting the most and does not fulfill its designated purpose - guarding you against large damage spikes.
5. No Empower on golems means they grant inferior bonuses - linking 1 level 4 Empower with Stone and Chaos golems (instead of Lightning Trap which from what I can see serves no purpose) should increase your defenses quite significantly.
6. You have no explosions or corpse removal of any sort.

First of all, thank you for the advices.
1- i do have one corrupted blood immunity jewel, it is socket in one of the medium clusters.
2- while this is true, while mapping i seldom get low on life, and the regen is enough to outregen most ground effects. Besides, having on kill recovery of ES and Life from flask and cluster makes it barely an issue. Most deaths are so quick i could've not pressed a life flask quick enough
3- this is something i tried to balance and still am. While mapping i just tick and things melt. Bosses generally when they give me time to prepare they die with one charged cast. Multiple bosses on the other hand and tough legion mobs are dangerous. Movement speed is borderline acceptable.
4- this is where i think i could upgrade but i just have no idea how. Do you think enduring composure + cwdt/IC set would be effecttive? Or just change steelskin to another key?
5- i might do that. I researched some about vaal lighting trap + unbound ailments and it does get affected. Shocked ground gives me a lot of power to one shot bosses.
6- i used to run bereks respite, thats why i have no cremator, i might change one large cluster.
Thanks again and sorry for the long quote.
"
felipesallum wrote:
First of all, thank you for the advices.
1- i do have one corrupted blood immunity jewel, it is socket in one of the medium clusters.
2- while this is true, while mapping i seldom get low on life, and the regen is enough to outregen most ground effects. Besides, having on kill recovery of ES and Life from flask and cluster makes it barely an issue. Most deaths are so quick i could've not pressed a life flask quick enough
3- this is something i tried to balance and still am. While mapping i just tick and things melt. Bosses generally when they give me time to prepare they die with one charged cast. Multiple bosses on the other hand and tough legion mobs are dangerous. Movement speed is borderline acceptable.
4- this is where i think i could upgrade but i just have no idea how. Do you think enduring composure + cwdt/IC set would be effecttive? Or just change steelskin to another key?
5- i might do that. I researched some about vaal lighting trap + unbound ailments and it does get affected. Shocked ground gives me a lot of power to one shot bosses.
6- i used to run bereks respite, thats why i have no cremator, i might change one large cluster.
Thanks again and sorry for the long quote.

One shots will happen and are basically unavoidable in this game unless you build specifically around them. Otherwise, you just have to accept them as I have. :)

Bearing this in mind, there are some ways you can improve your defenses. Enduring Composure is a very good idea, especially when combined with either CwDT+IC (which will consume those charges leaving you vulnerable for a bit) or CwDT+Steelskin (which will protect you for a short duration, but when you need it most). Both are very good choices, but they do have their differences and specificities, so you need to make the choice based on your preferences and playstyle. Personally, I've gone Steelskin in CwDT setup, both gems level 20, which basically serves as additional 2k EHP layer against multiple large hits. This also leaves my endurance charges intact, meaning additional physical damage reduction is always on.

I'm having no problems with legions on account on the dual Obliteration setup I went with. Most of the time, your ignite prolif should deal with them in a satisfactory manner. If it isn't, you most probably have not invested enough in area of effect, meaning your ignite when proliferating does not reach enemies and does not result in reasonable chain reactions. Radius of 42 (based on your PoB) is pretty lackluster, and should be IMO increased.

I'm not sure you even need more damage that comes from using Vaal Lightning Trap, you should be melting bosses anyway. If I were you, I'd rather use CwDT+Steelskin and link Stone and Chaos golems with Empower instead.
Last edited by Trikzter on Mar 9, 2021, 6:32:31 AM
"
Fun_Hat wrote:
Well i'm back again for more advice. Hit a bit of a milestone breaking 3 million DPS, but i'm not sure where to go from here.

I have looked at some other people's gear and builds, and there are certain mods that would raise my DPS, but when I search for gear that has them, they are all very expensive. I have about 30ex laying around right now, but I was hoping to make that go further than just one or two items.

I will gain a bit more when my gems level up, but that's still a far cry from the 8-10 million I am seeing other's builds doing.

Also, my durability has gotten much better, but I am still finding myself getting killed very quickly from time to time by nasty packs in a juiced T16 or certain bosses. Is my defense still lacking?

Here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/SM34WBph

Gear
Spoiler

1)Nearly none of your gear has T1 life roll, I think it should be your top priority and should be absolutely easy to get with your budget. If doing so, you could replace your Lioneye shield with a rare with much better mods and keep the same life pool.
2)Another way to increase your damage for cheap is crafting your gloves with "25% physical damage converted to lightning", and find boots with "1 to 160 lightning damage if you haven't killed recently". Just adding these two mods offer a 10% more damage to our build for a ridiculously low cost. With a bit more investment, you can add "ignite deal damage faster" on your boots for yet another damage buff.
something like this would boost your hp, offer better resists than your actual boots (so more space for other mods elsewhere), and give about 7% more total damage and 12% more dps.
3)As it has been said several times in this thread, spell damage offers no boost to ignite damage, so your wand implicit is useless. A basic Void sceptre with +1 to phys/lightning/spell skills and another damage mod with a "+20% fire DoT multiplier" craft would do better, and that costs less than an exalt.
4) Cinderswallow Urn offers a huge damage boost and supreme QoL for mapping. Not great when bossing though as it has high charge cost but still worth it a dozen times.
5) A bit more niche and costly: all your medium clusters should have 5 passives at most, and you need your top large cluster to be as good as your left one (8 passives, 3 notables, preferably vengeful commander or prismatic heart over Sadist in this build). With the freed passive points you can pick more life small passives and unlock your last two jewel slots for more life and/or chaos res and/or damage.
There are probably other ways to buff up your character even more, but this should help for minimal cost.
Been using this build as a basis and having a ton of fun this league.

Decided to post here since I finally ~finished crafting the gear I'm gonna have this league.

My jewels and flasks are pretty much the standard ones so there's not much point in posting them (missing a couple notables but whatever).

My next upgrade planned is a double-corrupted amulet. Whenever I get the temple with a corruption altar, I buy a new amulet to corrupt, hoping mostly for aura effect.

I don't want +gem level on amulet because hitting level 28 divine ire would make it too expensive to cast (it's sitting pretty at level 27 right now).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info