[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

"
PoitelMarto wrote:

1)Nearly none of your gear has T1 life roll, I think it should be your top priority and should be absolutely easy to get with your budget. If doing so, you could replace your Lioneye shield with a rare with much better mods and keep the same life pool.
2)Another way to increase your damage for cheap is crafting your gloves with "25% physical damage converted to lightning", and find boots with "1 to 160 lightning damage if you haven't killed recently". Just adding these two mods offer a 10% more damage to our build for a ridiculously low cost. With a bit more investment, you can add "ignite deal damage faster" on your boots for yet another damage buff.
something like this would boost your hp, offer better resists than your actual boots (so more space for other mods elsewhere), and give about 7% more total damage and 12% more dps.
3)As it has been said several times in this thread, spell damage offers no boost to ignite damage, so your wand implicit is useless. A basic Void sceptre with +1 to phys/lightning/spell skills and another damage mod with a "+20% fire DoT multiplier" craft would do better, and that costs less than an exalt.
4) Cinderswallow Urn offers a huge damage boost and supreme QoL for mapping. Not great when bossing though as it has high charge cost but still worth it a dozen times.
5) A bit more niche and costly: all your medium clusters should have 5 passives at most, and you need your top large cluster to be as good as your left one (8 passives, 3 notables, preferably vengeful commander or prismatic heart over Sadist in this build). With the freed passive points you can pick more life small passives and unlock your last two jewel slots for more life and/or chaos res and/or damage.
There are probably other ways to buff up your character even more, but this should help for minimal cost.

1. Ya, my life rolls are all subpar.
2. I haven't been able to find the glove enchant yet to be able to add it. How does that boot mod work? Wouldn't it never take effect since we are always killing?
3. Ya, I know spell damage is crap. The main problem is that in Standard scepters are all crazy expensive for anything remotely decent. I thought about trying to craft one, but I am very inexperienced with crafting.
4. Been meaning to get that one. Guess now is the time.
5. Clusters are another i've been meaning to improve. Guess its time for that too.

Thanks for the in depth answer!
Indeed, I hadn't noticed you were playing in Standard League; it will be harder to upgrade all your gear with 30ex.

As for the boot mod, it never takes effect while mapping, but this is hardly when you need additionnal damage; however, it does help a lot when bossing, where DPS matters most. Even in Maven's invitations, you can ignite several bosses before one dies, so you still benefit from the enchant, although not as much as you do against lone bosses. I'm actually surprised noone ever mentioned it in the thread, as the damage output is superior to any helmet enchant, afaik, and much easier to farm/cheaper to buy.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
As for the boot mod, it never takes effect while mapping, but this is hardly when you need additionnal damage; however, it does help a lot when bossing, where DPS matters most. Even in Maven's invitations, you can ignite several bosses before one dies, so you still benefit from the enchant, although not as much as you do against lone bosses. I'm actually surprised noone ever mentioned it in the thread, as the damage output is superior to any helmet enchant, afaik, and much easier to farm/cheaper to buy.

Yeah, as for the boot enchant, as you can see from my comment on the previous page, I stuck with it too. I was actually going for life regen but when I hit this I was like "wait, shit, this is perfect for bossing, which is exactly what this build struggles with most" so I kept it lol.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
Indeed, I hadn't noticed you were playing in Standard League; it will be harder to upgrade all your gear with 30ex.

In my case, from what I can see, the enchant would only increase my dps by 300k (from 12.7M to 13.0M), so that's not a whole lot to be frank.

This is because: 1) the damage spread is huge (from 1 to 160), so not reliable at all, 2) DI has very low effectiveness of added damage (30%), so additional 80 lightning damage on average is of almost no consequence; 3) this enchant grants lightning damage, i.e. a type which as opposed to physical damage is usually - and in this build especially (save for some shaped Call of the Brotherhood and Eternity Shroud shenanigans) - not converted further, with the exception of Atziri's Promise, so it's really not that great.

Especially considering some other enchants grant much needed utility (like cast or movement speed) or extra defense (regen or dodge), so this does not seem as appealing as you make it out to be imo. It could be worthwhile only when you're starting out, that is when 300k damage upgrade is a huge deal. Other than that, I don't see much merit in using it over some other alternatives.
Last edited by Trikzter on Mar 10, 2021, 7:51:32 AM
"
Trikzter wrote:

In my case, from what I can see, the enchant would only increase my dps by 300k (from 12.7M to 13.0M), so that's not a whole lot to be frank.

This is because: 1) the damage spread is huge (from 1 to 160), so not reliable at all, 2) DI has very low effectiveness of added damage (30%), so additional 80 lightning damage on average is of almost no consequence; 3) this enchant grants lightning damage, i.e. a type which as opposed to physical damage is usually - and in this build especially (save for some shaped Call of the Brotherhood and Eternity Shroud shenanigans) - not converted further, with the exception of Atziri's Promise, so it's really not that great.

Especially considering some other enchants grant much needed utility (like cast or movement speed) or extra defense (regen or dodge), so this does not seem as appealing as you make it out to be imo. It could be worthwhile only when you're starting out, that is when 300k damage upgrade is a huge deal. Other than that, I don't see much merit in using it over some other alternatives.

Well your point is absolutely right for min-maxed characters like you are/tend to be, but for characters with 3M dps like the one I originally commented, it is a flat 10% more damage. It doesn't scale much with top-tier gear, as it adds as much damage to a lvl 20 DI as to a lvl 28, but again, that's not when you struggle with bossing. I only played DI ignite in acting/early mapping so I may be wrong, but for what I can tell, it's a cheap upgrade that helps during early endgame, before having gear like +2 sceptre with other good mods or so. Later on, you can switch to boots with movespeed enchant, or regen like yours, which clearly are better endgame options for this build.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
Well your point is absolutely right for min-maxed characters like you are/tend to be, but for characters with 3M dps like the one I originally commented, it is a flat 10% more damage. It doesn't scale much with top-tier gear, as it adds as much damage to a lvl 20 DI as to a lvl 28, but again, that's not when you struggle with bossing. I only played DI ignite in acting/early mapping so I may be wrong, but for what I can tell, it's a cheap upgrade that helps during early endgame, before having gear like +2 sceptre with other good mods or so. Later on, you can switch to boots with movespeed enchant, or regen like yours, which clearly are better endgame options for this build.

You're most probably right about short-term viability of the enchant. For, me, however, it was never the damage that was lacking, but mobility, that's why I'm always giving preference to speed.
So, to whomever it may concern, I've finished crafting my gear. The items are not perfect by any means (some t2 life rolls here or there, plus benchcrafted life on the body and ms on boots), but they are basically exactly what I was aiming for, so I'm quite content with how they turned out.

I switched from Devouring Diadem as it has a certain anti-synergy with HH. Since many buffs granted by HH are ES-specific, Eldritch Battery granted by the Diadem makes them virtually useless - they are stored on the mana-side and with no MoM on the tree or otherwise, they provide no benefits. For this reason, for super-end-game purposes (100% deli maps), dropping the Diadem felt reasonable, necessary even. However, this had the unintended consequence of making Divine Ire very mana-intensive, which had to be remedied by any means. I've found the solution in Divergent Inspiration which replaced Awakened Swift Affliction. Damage loss was quite significant, but nothing I couldn't live with.

Also, ultimately I've opted for the explo chest, which allowed me to skip the dual Obliteration setup for clearing and a weapon swap for bosses. Thanks to this, I'm always at 100% of my damage effectiveness, which is quite important for those pesky Kosises and Legion bosses. For Siruses and the like I'm only swapping Flesh and Stone for Herald of Purity for even more DPS.

Spoiler

Hey everyone

Can anyone make some suggestions on my gear?

I would like to head towards something a bit more survivability, as I just tried out Sirus and lost all 6 portals.

Budget is about 5 ex at the moment.

Thanks!

Spoiler
Forget survivability for bossing. Bossing is all about damage. Do more damage.
I would like to try this build next league as league starter (it seems good on low budget) but the PoB on the first page seems old and nowadays people are building this differently. I have some doubts:

1) It seems Shaper of Storms is not recommended anymore, but in the last pages some people recommend Mastermind of Discord. But in some new PoB I've seen in the thread (and poe.ninja builds) I've seen Bastion of Elements picked instead. Which one do you recommend? The first one for full DPS and the second one for defences?

2) Which one do you prefer, staves of sceptres?

3) Empower or meat shield in the golems? Or both and place them in the armour if you have a staff?

4) I understand that this build original recommendation of 100% full lightning conversion with no fire damage was meant so you get automatic elemental equilibrium and good shock. If I do not take shaper of storms, should I still aim to 100% lightning or should I go for fire damage?

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by haitike on Mar 29, 2021, 8:18:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info