This game ruined Diablo 3 for me...

"

Graphics- Clear winner Path of Exile, D3 graphics are embarassing.

Your other points are subjective, and to each his own, but this is ridiculous. D3s graphics are fantastic, they look almost hand drawn. POE looks really nice to, but the models are much more generic and characters are all rather ugly, not in a good way.

Everything else aside D3 looks graphically far superior to POE (as you'd expect)
"
Sickness wrote:
Why do you want a skill tree so badly? Has it got any advatanges over the current way to handle it?

BTW, I don't get why PoE fans hate on the D3 skill system, as it's in essence very similar to PoEs. Only much richer and more varied.

I dont want skell tree, as much as skill points, and the answer is customization, more control and freedom. I don't want to computer do it automatically, becouse its after all still a rpg game.

Skill system is similer, and I dont like skill system from PoE also, but PoE has a advanced passive skill system, that is what I like and is not similar to d3
"
miljan wrote:

I dont want skell tree, as much as skill points, and the answer is customization, more control and freedom. I don't want to computer do it automatically, becouse its after all still a rpg game.

Skill system is similer, and I dont like skill system from PoE also, but PoE has a advanced passive skill system, that is what I like and is not similar to d3

You can choose not to let the computer to do it automatically.
"
miljan wrote:
"
Sickness wrote:
Why do you want a skill tree so badly? Has it got any advatanges over the current way to handle it?

BTW, I don't get why PoE fans hate on the D3 skill system, as it's in essence very similar to PoEs. Only much richer and more varied.

In D3 customization is based on item loadout and your full kit. As well as the passives you choose and the runes you choose.

Rather than being based on linear formulas which cause counterintuitive leveling dynamics.

They moved the customization and expanded it. The only thing they removed was the meaningless "level up your skills so they stay relevant" and traded it out for "if you have good weapons you can base your kit on how YOU want to play and what skills YOU want to use". Not just whichever skill has the best damage growth and AoE effect.

Your runes and passives are your skill points, and they are never bum choices.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Hello.
I didnt read all posts but wanted to add my personal opinion.

PoE was increadibly fun to play before the vendor system. Sorry i just dont like it :/ I had high hopes for the game but i cannot stand keeping tons of different orbs in my inventory, then searching for the right one, didnt even try trading since im completly afraid of being screw. About the vendor system itself - i really dont like to keep or think about some recipes. The system should be more easy, complex, fast.

I dont wanna compare both games, they are both in a beta phase but their betas are completly different (content wise). By knowing the "set in stone pieces" and comparing only them i want to point out what more i like and dislike in PoE:

like:
- graphic
- more mature content
- fast paced
- a lot of drops
- auras, challenging monsters (until some point)
- customization

dislike:
- at some point you simply faceroll all the mobs (no end game challange)
- like i mentioned at beginning - vendor system (i just like simple gold and ah possibilities - not pointing only to d3)
- I HATE LADDERS (all this legacy league staff), sorry, i played diablo 2 for too long and when i hear the word "ladder reset"/"wipe" im vommiting... no way in hell i can stand this any more
- sound isnt the best (most of the time i play without sound so it doesnt matter much for me).

Thanks.
i got my beta key from Icoblablubb - vielen danke !!!

the first (and only?) 6 linked blue sox on magic armor in beta :P
Last edited by prodiii on Apr 23, 2012, 10:19:57 AM
"
RodHull wrote:
"

Graphics- Clear winner Path of Exile, D3 graphics are embarassing.

Your other points are subjective, and to each his own, but this is ridiculous. D3s graphics are fantastic, they look almost hand drawn. POE looks really nice to, but the models are much more generic and characters are all rather ugly, not in a good way.

Everything else aside D3 looks graphically far superior to POE (as you'd expect)

I'd say that graphics and especially artstyle are a matter of opinion.

While I do find Diablo III's style to be very well done (strictly speaking of the crafting), I don't like it very much.

While from a "crafting" point of view, PoE should rank as lower, I actually like their graphics better. They're crisper, more mature and not as stylized.

This really hit home when I played a quick session of PoE yesterday after having spent many hours (around 10, all in all) on the Open Stress Test of Diablo III:

I really appreciated the crispness of it all. Somehow, to me, PoE's graphics feel more vibrant and fitting than Diablo III.

But that is, of course, a matter of perception and taste. I simply wanted to object to your general tone of "Diablo III's graphics are superior to PoE's in every single way".
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
"
Sickness wrote:

You can choose not to let the computer to do it automatically.

Skills lvl automatically, you can't turn it off and put point where you want, thats what about I was talking.

"
Autocthon wrote:

In D3 customization is based on item loadout and your full kit. As well as the passives you choose and the runes you choose.

Rather than being based on linear formulas which cause counterintuitive leveling dynamics.

They moved the customization and expanded it. The only thing they removed was the meaningless "level up your skills so they stay relevant" and traded it out for "if you have good weapons you can base your kit on how YOU want to play and what skills YOU want to use". Not just whichever skill has the best damage growth and AoE effect.

Your runes and passives are your skill points, and they are never bum choices.

You didn't answer my question. What do you lose if in d3 points were implemented?

D3 removed one of the fun parts for me, and important in any rpg game. Leveling your character. After you chose your 6 skills and runes, more than 40 lvl you do nothing. There is no joy in leveling. Even for attribute points, you will need to search for items.

They extended the number of skills, not customization per se. Customization doesn't come from skill only, but mechanic that you use for lvl you skill. Removing skill points removed customization and freedom for you to choose what you want. It is not, and never will be a improvement. I don't want max character, I want to make somthing different, and most important, I want full control of my character.
"
miljan wrote:
Skills lvl automatically, you can't turn it off and put point where you want, thats what about I was talking.

No, because you have all the skills availible for you. Is that what you don't like about it?
"
Sickness wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

No, because you have all the skills availible for you. Is that what you don't like about it?

Maybe his point is that he likes the "building a character" mechanic in RPGs.

Diablo III doesn't have that any more. The character builds itself, and you can only choose on "skill loadouts", not unlike "weapon loadouts" in some FPS.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
"
Avireyn wrote:
"
Sickness wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Maybe his point is that he likes the "building a character" mechanic in RPGs.

Diablo III doesn't have that any more. The character builds itself, and you can only choose on "skill loadouts", not unlike "weapon loadouts" in some FPS.

Selecting the skills is how you define your character. The character builds when you get those skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info