Why you pay so much money?

"
It wasn't a waste. I enjoyed every second of it. ^_^

Also, I did want to address the matter of the diamond uniques. People have been asking me what I'd make, whether it would have my name on it, etc. I wanted to show a portion of the process, and it is only a portion. I didn't even talk about the many drafts by my assigned artist, all done based entirely on my very, very picky (and no doubt annoying) feedback. I argued everything! Length of hilt, shape of pommel, detailing on the pommel, the guard, the colour of the blade, the condition of the blade...the length of the blade...

And somehow the artist assigned to me still envisioned something far greater than I ever could...!

..And don't even get me started on the four lines of flavour text. Two words haunted me for weeks!

Are these supporter items going to be given to you diamuns exclusively or is everyone going to be able to loot them?
Reign in the insults, please. There is no need to call people names like children.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Oh, lord. You know, that was my big fear. That these would just be 'exclusive' to the creator. Other games might do that, but then you have to remember GGG's core philosophy: no cash store item will provide in-game advantage.

In that light, I don't even expect to be given a copy of the damn thing once it's in! I will have to hunt it down like everyone else... ;)

What the diamond uniques are essentially doing is filling 14 or so gaps in the existing roster. The first point expressed to us was 'pick a basic item that doesn't have a unique counterpart yet.'

Mine's the Whalebone Rapier. It was only added around Easter and I fell in love with it immediately. A great design (a dev in game said they were quite proud of it, might have been Brian), the whalebone rapier, so unlike the (to me) anachronistic 'foils' which are both above and below it on the one-handed-stabbing-swords scale. The moment they announced that the unique item would be an actual in-game item, I knew I'd be going for a low level sword. At first I took the sabre, but that awesome thrusting animation is so unique to an ARPG I just had to have it. I took the rapier, and set about conceiving an incredibly interesting version thereof. I can tell you it has at least two attributes I've not seen on any other item.

The only problem with it is that there's a set model for an equipped item right now; even if you equip Uber Spikey Leather Armour of Tyrael's Crazy PowPow, it'll look in-game like basic leather armour. They're working on this, so we'll see how that turns out. I'm not that fond of the flimsy 'foil' look of the whalebone rapier when equipped.

Other than my unique, I know there's a high level wand coming in, a mid (level 33) axe, a few other things not yet ready to be disclosed.

So yeah, while there's no hard-and-fast rule about a single basic item having two or more uniques (it has happened in other ARPGs) I'd say at this point GGG are focusing on just finishing the first round. You will, as uniques are filled out, notice unique drops becoming less unlikely, I'd say. Unless they lower the drop rate as more uniques go in.

Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
boostermanni wrote:
Hi folks!

I just follow this game since a few weeks and I registered me in the past days, because I got a very interesting question to all the people they pay too much money in my opinion.
I'm old enough to pay my own bills, so don't think about to tell me I'm a kid. ^_~

The fact is:
I can understand to pay for a game which is NOT in beta!
I can not understand to pay for a game which is IN beta!
BUT I can follow some moods of gamerZ they wanna play now and not in a few months, so the option for 10 USD seems ok for some people.
Maybe 15 USD, too, because of the o.s.t.!

But all other options are pure insane to me, especially 100, 250 and 1000 USD!

There are people (seems w/o real life, but where from is the money then?) they paid 1000 USD....
Just pure nutty insanity!
You get not really much for it and if beta closed you experienced a char-whipe.

The question is:
So the question is to all the people out there who have paid more than 100 USD:

Why you pay so much money in it and what do you expect from that?

Thx!

P.s.: Of course you can write where you get the money from, BUT that's a free option!

I believe in what GGG is trying to do, first of all. Secondly, I wanted to help support them launch a brand new ip for my favorite genre of all time, arpgs. Third, because I can. I realize that not everyone has, or wants, to contribute the amount of money to GGG that others have - but why should you care?
Brixtan [Default League]
-------------
Arda_EAC: LV 67 Summoner
Brixtan: LV 27 Templar
dude its only 10 $ its not like their asking you to pay them yur entire bank account
"
zoren580 wrote:
dude its only 10 $ its not like their asking you to pay them yur entire bank account

I believe the OP was speaking specifically about the more expensive support packages.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
boostermanni wrote:
Hi folks!...

Heh, google Wasteland 2 Kickstarer. You'll be even more surprised. People paying for something that hadn't even started development yet, but they WANTED an isometric old school CRPG.

Publishers told them no for years, so they went straight to the fanbase, and look how that turned out.
I'm a pretty poor man but I paid 50 dollars because :

- The people making this game look like they are 100% sure of what they are doing and what they want and have genuine feel for this genre of games, which is also what I want in a game like this. I'm probably from the same generation GGG people are, we know what real great games look like !
- ARPG market must grow, more variety, more 'competition' is good for the genre.
- I paid full price for D3 and I feel so guilty than I have to pay as much for this game, as they deserve the same !
- I'm already addicted and this is just a closed beta which not even half the content that will be there in release.
- ARPG's rock.
- I want this to be a great game, it has all the potential, would be a disaster for the genre in general if it had to quit development.
- ARPG's rock.
- ARPG's rock.
_ ...
"
xytor wrote:
Because the game is awesome and we want to support its development.

As for the money itself, I pay 1k rent, 300 food and 500 loans. Which leaves me like 500 to do whatever I want with... which is usually video games. In reality most of it just gathers dust in the bank, so who cares?

I think the underlying question here is: "Do characters get wiped before release?" And more importantly: "Regardless of if characters get wiped, do we keep our microtransaction purchases or get refunded the points?"

I actually don't know the answers... does anybody?

Your character will be whiped when open beta is up.
As for micro transaction, they will stay.
Lost where no man has been lost before.
"
ZtriDer wrote:
"
xytor wrote:
Because the game is awesome and we want to support its development.

As for the money itself, I pay 1k rent, 300 food and 500 loans. Which leaves me like 500 to do whatever I want with... which is usually video games. In reality most of it just gathers dust in the bank, so who cares?

I think the underlying question here is: "Do characters get wiped before release?" And more importantly: "Regardless of if characters get wiped, do we keep our microtransaction purchases or get refunded the points?"

I actually don't know the answers... does anybody?

Your character will be whiped when open beta is up.
As for micro transaction, they will stay.

I don't want my ranger to be whipped. :<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info