Why you pay so much money?

Man I can't even buy Torchlight, but I just love Torchlight! And can't buy it because 20$ is a king's ransom to me. I live in a country where monthly salary is like 100-120 dollars. So people who actually can get the Diamond Pack are just multimillionaires to me. You know, not only games get localized but their price as well. And games that are not localized, like Minecraft, are unreachable here. Did you see Minecraft's price? F*king 15 EURO!!! I'ts just IMPOSSIBLE to buy, and if Path of Exile will be like other partially free games, where everything is free but everyone already bought premium weapons and armor so you look like a bum I will just hate it.
I like the comment a few posts back, by our new forum moderator. The burden is on the dev's now to come up with $1,000 bucks worth of vanity items that do not impart any more game power (No P2W).

I think that's one of the things that makes me feel like the game WILL include some really cool stuff that I will spend some money on. My list of things I'd purchase will be limited by my gaming budget, but I have hope that the total list of items to choose from will be quite large. This hope is supported by the fact that they'd have to think someone could spend $1,000 bucks on said items to begin with due to their diamond level dealio.
The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason: Read it, live it and prosper!
Last edited by Yamasaki on May 30, 2012, 11:35:28 AM
If I could pony up the $1000 for a Diamond support pack I'd do it in a minute. These guys are making a kick-ass game I want to help them succeed in any way I can. Since I can't code, I'll support them financially when I can.
People pay for what they think is valuable, simple as that. This game looks so promising I'd pay them even more if I could afford to right now. I think a lot of people see it's value and want to be a part of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info