[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

sorry I cant really read through all these questions, but wouldnt the frostbolts be procc'ing EE?
"
eudokas1 wrote:
sorry I cant really read through all these questions, but wouldnt the frostbolts be procc'ing EE?

Yes it does, but is instantly overwritten by the brand.
"
Reconican wrote:
I tried to match up the lvl 100 build, and for the life of my I cannot figure out why I don't have enough Mana res to run all the same auras. Looks like he is running 2 spell slingers, Discipline, Zealotry and Malevolence, but I can't do the same

Any advice would be super appreciated because I am losing my mind.

Only thing I can think of is that you aren't using the Prism Guardian shield, which has reduced mana reservation on it.
So what would be good way to transition to late game tree/items?
If I understand correctly with Saqawa's Nest you need at least one cluster jewel with (Discipline reduced Mana reservation), right?
Do you also need perfect roll (10) of reduced mana reserved on chest too?
Also on jewels what are preferred added small passive skills? Is life regen somewhat relevant for CI build or was that jewel copied from Low life build?
Last edited by HamLis on Jan 24, 2021, 1:02:05 PM
Alright.

So I made the swap from CI to LL, damage drastically went up obviously, survivalbility on the low end cause I didnt go for the chayula, I went for rare amy.

But, currently posting this on phone so I cant hotlink my stuff.

Any areas I can obviously improve my dps/survivalbility, and is tree optimized properly?

Would love for anyone to give me pointers, I just wanna get better. Oh and I got about 10 exalts to spend on upgrades if you have something fairly obvious. Cause right now I kinda am lost on where to go from here..

Thanks in advance to whomever,
Last edited by Qurest on Jan 24, 2021, 5:31:31 PM
"
Qurest wrote:
Alright.

So I made the swap from CI to LL, damage drastically went up obviously, survivalbility on the low end cause I didnt go for the chayula, I went for rare amy.

Any areas I can obviously improve my dps/survivalbility, and is tree optimized properly?

Would love for anyone to give me pointers, I just wanna get better. Oh and I got about 10 exalts to spend on upgrades if you have something fairly obvious. Cause right now I kinda am lost on where to go from here..

Easy ones:

Get a lvl 21 Vortex

Get 20/20 Supports

Get a corrupted +1 (very cheap) or +2 aura Prism Guardian.

Upgrade your flasks, they should be 20%Q and proper affixes. You don't need an antifreeze flask, Frigid Wake makes us chill immune, replace it with a curse immune flask asap.

Unallocated the 6% ES node after Arcane Focus. Unallocate the 5% ES/8% Armor node after Faith and Steel. Use those two points to finish Light Eater.

Get corrupted blood immunity on a Frozen Trail when you get some extra cash. It's very expensive but worth it in the end.

Really think about whether you want that +1 rare Ammy over a chayula. Going chayula and malediction would give you much more defensively and about identical damage. You're basically trading away a third of your effective HP for 8% damage here, of which you could just get back with an offensive curse if you really wanted.
Last edited by CloverPuppy on Jan 24, 2021, 6:23:22 PM
"
Nexi wrote:
"
Qurest wrote:
Alright.

Easy ones:

Get a lvl 21 Vortex

Get 20/20 Supports

Get a corrupted +1 (very cheap) or +2 aura Prism Guardian.

Upgrade your flasks, they should be 20%Q and proper affixes. You don't need an antifreeze flask, Frigid Wake makes us chill immune, replace it with a curse immune flask asap.

Unallocated the 6% ES node after Arcane Focus. Unallocate the 5% ES/8% Armor node after Faith and Steel. Use those two points to finish Light Eater.

Get corrupted blood immunity on a Frozen Trail when you get some extra cash. It's very expensive but worth it in the end.

Really think about whether you want that +1 rare Ammy over a chayula. Going chayula and malediction would give you much more defensively and about identical damage. You're basically trading away a third of your effective HP for 8% damage here, of which you could just get back with an offensive curse if you really wanted.

Thanks buddy,

Did the tree suggestions. Where do we go from here though? I grabbed glancing cause I thought that shit was just too good to pass up upon. Ive done all the clusters, large > medium > small. And I still find it hard to know where the remainder of the points go. It isnt specified in the post ethier, it stops at 88.

I also got the shield, and the 21 vortex. thank you.

I will give chayula a spin in my head, but for now, I guess a better wand somehow? better boots?

Other than that, working on grabbing GCPs for 20/20,
Great build, I've been doing my own variation but I followed this guide from the beginning. Some things I have tested:

-LL is the way to go to be successful in endgame.
-Faster projectile on frostbolt is huge quality of life
-Profane bloom is so much better unless doing Sirus or high level Conquerors and need the extra single target dps.
Last edited by ImTheories on Jan 25, 2021, 1:13:53 AM
I'm still saving up for all the items needed for transitioning to LL version, and in the meantime I was thinking about how to improve my current CI build.
So, I took Whispers of doom, frostbite curse in my ring and temporal chains + Elemental weakness/enfeeble om my hextouch setup, making it 3 curses overall. Feels great, and now I want to try Profane Bloom without loosing 3 curses.
I think of taking Windshriek boots, any ideas from you, dear comrades, would be appreciated. ty:)
https://pastebin.com/LMsGarY8
No sad feelings
Was lucky yesterday and yolo bought a shavs and 6-linked it with 150 fusings ... now i ask myself how the survivability of the LL version is, especially as i expect a certain amount of less ES compared to the the CI version.

I currently run with 9200 ES on the starter CI version, at level 93, primarily due to high ES shield and ES body armour - both will change and provide significantly lower numbers.

So the primary question is :
does the LL version primarily rely on "kill faster and so get along with less ES"?

In general i see that its necessary to move from the entry CI version, as the dps is certainly lacking on T15+ bosses and especially the conquerors from lvl 80 onwards. Not to mention Sirus, where i currently could try S5 but i doubt it will work out with my CI version ( although level 20 gems, +1 cold wand and 6l vortex ).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info