[3.11] Poison BV Explosion Assassin - Super Speedy Mapper

"
Can you go over your crafting process on getting this?

Is the process the same as double-influenced chestplate with explode/+1 curse? (using awakener orb, etc)

yes, I was getting elder base with only elder's mod being Chaos DoT multi t1 and hunter's base with only +1 to dex or u can go with warlords +1 to phys spells. Prefer Amber amulet for str.

When you have 2 amlutes you have to use awakener's orb on the "shit base" and then on amber or any other one you bought.

And for this moment "fingers crossed" for T1/T2 life and open prefix :D
Last edited by madziar169 on Mar 25, 2020, 2:35:56 AM
Deatless awekener A8 today. I have a clip of that if OP want to post it, I did not perform well but at lest got him without death :)
"
madziar169 wrote:
Deatless awekener A8 today. I have a clip of that if OP want to post it, I did not perform well but at lest got him without death :)

Sure, that would be absolutely great. I am happy you are performing that well even against bosses. Do you make any adjustments for the fights, like gear or flask swaps?

"
Bobakanoosh1 wrote:
Is the process the same as double-influenced chestplate with explode/+1 curse? (using awakener orb, etc)

Yeah, its with awakaner Orb, but its super endgame optimization of the build.

"
Beverice wrote:
Having problems with mana. Not my mana pool, but regen, any ideas?

edit: think I fixed it with a clarity. Dont have blood and sand though :(

Like mentioned in the build, you should generally be fine with minus mana cost crafts on jewelry and maybe one manaregen affix.

"
badnews4you wrote:
can someone say does asenath and explo body stacks? the problem is asenath gloves only explode if there are corpses nearbly but they are exlode all the time?

Yeah you can only get one corpse explosion, they don't stack. The only thing that does stack is the chance for the same type of corpse explosions. Like running 2 obliteration wands.

"
madziar169 wrote:
Got some more EX and im thinking on the timelss jewels more

Glorious Vanity - xiabaqua name for Divine Flesh is ok but I have 18%c res not stacked and the first few second in map or at boss can be rippy - dont rly like that on sirus xD

Glorious Vanity - with Corrupted Soul for 20%life as extra ES is popobly the best for tankines but i can't see a way to get ES at boss/trash without Urn from Mistermind. If any1 know a deacent way to get it plz share :)

and Wind Dancer for Maraketh jewel 20% less dmg if not been hit recently seems great to me :)
But don't know if more less 80% damage avoidance is enough to reliably use this one

any other ideas ? :)

On the other side:

Magnifire and assert dominace is nutts from 1 cluster jewel get if if u wish :)

that's 35% AoE
"
madziar169 wrote:
Im using the golden rule jewel + GV with xiabaqua seed but there is a big "?" don't know if just golden rule + some choas res on gear is enough to benefit form it.

The other problem is that im kinda low on mana, popobly enlighten lv4 is needed.

I think Golden Rule is generally really nice and should be added to the guide now that "unaffected by poison" is more easily available through cluster jewels.

Combining it with Divine Flesh is very dangerous because if your chaos res is not that high, you will take way more 'elemental damage' until you build your poison stacks up. I don't know how quickly you can build up stacks, so I would have to test that. Divine Flesh is certainly VERY powerful.

Wind Dancer also has very good synergy with our high dodge. I probably should add these options to the guide. You have some really nice ideas :). I would guess we place the timeless jewel near MoM.

For your mana issues, if one minus mana cost craft on jewelry (make sure to get the best one) is not enough, I would just try to get a second one or one item with manaregen. With your enchant enlighten lv4 shouldn't be needed and only helps in situation where you spend a lot at once.

Regarding the cluster jewels I will write do a analysis probably in the next hours. It's actually easier than I thought to craft the perfect jewels. If you have some more input on them, I would be happy to hear them.

"
RobJordan wrote:
Getting this build set up and so far my explosions feel like shit, packs don't explode, only the mobs I tag which does nothing to speed up the clear.

I know I have a lot of gear to replace, levels to get and Ulab to do, but I don't really understand how any of those will help scale the explosions. Can anyone help? Character name is Gewi_blades.

Looking at your build I can't imagine why packs won't explode for you. Cold Iron Point is not the best weapon for explosions, but should only do a small difference.
Crafting helmet now and got sth like this in no time and dont know if I should keep it or keep going xD If if would have higer tiers sure, but dont know for now xD

For the cluster jewels im using:

Spoiler

and this before i swaped it for the AoE one:

popobly need to re craft small ones but no rush :)

link to the sirus kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpoAAF1Pjc ( still procesing tho )

I will popobly go with Wind Dancer .
If i will be able to get 75% choas res easly on gear sure i will use divine flesh ( I got one with 0.5 % chos leech on 1 note) but I feel squishi on sirus ect. with it.
Last edited by madziar169 on Mar 25, 2020, 11:29:34 AM
"
madziar169 wrote:
Crafting helmet now and got sth like this in no time and dont know if I should keep it or keep going xD If if would have higer tiers sure, but dont know for now xD

Very nice base with enchant to craft. This added damage is actually pretty big, so I would probably stick with it. If you got your resists covered, you could only go for even higher life roll and that alone would be difficult.

The Sirus fights is absolutely amazing. You really got the mechanics down for this build. Blood of the Karui really shines. I would still probably bring one more life flask. Playing an Archmage Hiero myself right now, I realize how big stun immunity is in that last phase. That always fucks me :D. I will add your video to the guide if you don't mind.

Your cluster jewels are amazing, pretty much all those notables are advise for in the guide I will post next. Only one out is Septic Spells where I think there a lot of better alternatives.
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 25, 2020, 11:53:57 AM
Your Optimal Cluster Jewel Setup

Cluster jewels are actually easier to craft than I thought. Especially for small and medium clusters you are mainly focussed on 3 affixes, that you want and with a small affix pool, you don't need that many alterations, augments and regals.

Crafting the perfect large cluster is much much more difficult. Because you need to hit 4 affixes and the mod pool is much more diluted. So even aiming at 2 notables while hitting the "2 additionial jewel sockets" is already a hard task.

Large cluster jewels also have much more travel points. And especially for us the Chaos Damage cluster has several notables that aren't that great for us, so crafting a good large cluster that is actually worth it, is pretty difficult.

This is also why the Voices unique cluster jewel is so expensive, because you get so many sockets without travel points. If you want to spend the currency it surely is BIS for us too.

So I will include 2 ways of setting up your clusters. The basic setup is just getting a medium and small jewel and should be relatively easy and can give you the important "Overwhelming Malice" node.

The bigger setup is one large that leads into 2 medium and 2 small. This shouldn't be a big priority and you need a really well rolled large cluster to make it actually worth it.

To get a feel how hard it is to roll some mods with crafting, I can definitely recommend http://www.craftofexile.com.

Cluster Jewel Size and itemlevel
The best thing about Cluster Jewels are notables and additonal jewel sockets. So we don't actually get much value from travel points and thus our jewels should have as few passive skills as possible. The only exception are small cluster jewels where you only have one notable and get much more value from passive skills. For small life cluster jewels it's actually worth to take 3 passive skills instead of 2.

For medium you want 4 or 5 passive skills. With 5 you can just leave the last one unallocated. With 6 you are basically wasting an entire skill point because you have to take one more.

For large ones you really want only 8 passive skills.

The itemlevel only matters for passive skills. You can roll all notables at lvl 1. So for medium and large clusters the itemlevel doesn't really matter. For small clusters, especially life, ilvl84 is best. But they are currently very expensive and the weighting for ilvl84 mods is also really low, so you can just settle with ilvl78+.

Basic Setup: Medium Cluster Jewel
We need a "Critical Chance" medium cluster to get the Overwhelming Malice notable. It actually has a low weighting to roll so getting the perfect 3 mods is more difficult here. You would want to alt/augment roll the jewel until you hit Overwhelming Malice and "1 additional jewel Socket". Than you regal and hope to hit a good notable as prefix.

Best possible second notables in order: (note that everything with crit only improves our BV damage, not explosion damage)
* Magnifier (1%, but also 10% AoE)
* Haemorrhage (6.5% more DPS in my PoB)
* Basics of Pain (4.6%, but also generic damage for explosions)
* Precise Commander (4.9%)
* Precise Retaliation (5% if you haven't blocked recently, but worse if you have)

Hitting any of those affixes with your regal should be very good. If you don't have much currency to craft just settle with whatever you get on your regal. Overwhelming Malice is good enough to get alone.

All Setups: Small Cluster Jewel
Small clusters are easy to craft, so you can just choose one notable you want and then try to get some good affixes for the travel nodes.

On Life clusters the best notable should be Fettle (10% increased maximum life, +20 life). Towering threat (5% maximum life, 10% Aoe) is also a really worthy consideration.

For the passive skills, getting +Life and/or Chaos Resist would be the best.

Another consideration for a small cluster jewel is Chaos Resist jewel to combine the Antivenom notable (unaffected by poison) with the Golden Rule jewel, which gives you tons of chaos resists and makes your gearing much easier while having high chaos resists. Don't underestimate Chaos Resists.

Big Setup: Large Cluster Jewel
The really only viable large cluster for us are Chaos Clusters. We can get the big "Overwhelming Malice" node here, but we could also get in on a medium crit cluster. So if you get an amazing large cluster without overwhelming malice, you could still go with it.

You absolutely want "2 additional jewel sockets".

Best notables:
* Overwhelming Malice (20% more DPS on good uptime)
* Grim Oath (7% more DPS)
* Wicked Pall (4.5% more DPS and 20% skill effect duration)
* Unwavering Evil (4%)
* Unholy Grace (4%)
* Unspeakable Gifts (only worth consideration if you are still running Obliterations)

4% more DPS for a notable is already worth considering skipping them if you can save 2 skill points. This underlines how difficult it is to get a good large cluster.

You probably be content hitting Overwhelming malice, two sockets and another good notable. Its actually worth considering chaos spamming if you wanna gamble on getting potential 4 good stats. You will hit Overwhelming malice and 2 jewels on average every 31 chaos rolls.

Big Setup: Medium Cluster Jewels
If you didn't get Overwhelming Malice on your Large Cluster, you need a Critical Chance cluster jewel as one of your mediums. (see Basic Setup)

Medium Clusters Jewels is where the big value of your Cluster Setup is. Don't underestimate the AoE you get from Area Damage jewels and the utility from Curse effect jewels. It's certainly worth considering running these two and no Damage over time jewel.

Area Damage Jewels:
These Jewels look REALLY good for giving us more AoE. Dream Jewel would be Assert Dominance + Towering Threat (and of course a jewel socket). Could also be content with Magnify as one notable.

Chaos Damage over time Jewels:
These jewels seem the most natural for us and they can roll a TON of possible notables. My order:
* Circling Olivion (3% DPS, 15% skill effect duration AND 20% poison duration which means 10% more DPS in longer bossfights)
* Low Tolerance (3.4% more DPS and a 300% buff for your 'first' poison which is mainly good to guarantee explosions chaining from one single mob, it does almost nothing for single target)
* Wicked Pall (4.5% more DPS and 20% skill effect duration)
* Flow of Life (3.1% DPS and 4% max life)
* Exposure Therapy (4.2% DPS and 30% chaos resist against DoT)
* Student of Decay (3.2% DPS and 13% chaos resist)
* Wasting Affliction (2.6% more DPS and 10% 'faster' damage, 'faster' damage doesn't mean more damage, still useful)
* Haemorrhage (6.5% more DPS for crits, so ONLY with BV, not with explosions)

Circling Oblivion is my favourite, getting one Low Tolerance is probably nice, but really all of them are good here if you prefer something special yourself.

Damage over time Jewels
These only have a smaller mod pool. The main mod you are missing are "Low Tolerance" and "Wicked Pall". If you want to combine Circle Oblivion with on of the other mods mentioned above, they should be easier to craft on these jewels.

Curse Effect Jewels
If you manage to run Despair+Temporal Chains, curse clusters are a serious consideration for us. The following DPS numbers are partly based on your curse effect against Standard bosses, you will have more DPS against non-bosses, and less against shaper/guardians. These jewels have a small affix pool, so getting the perfect jewel shouldn't be that difficult.
Curse Effect is also good because a stronger Despair curse will also make your Plaguebearer do more damage and Plaguebearer does heavy carrying especially while mapping.
* Dark Discourse (6% more DPS, Enemies are hindered)
* Evil Eye (5% more DPS and 6% Attack-Dodge, this DPS counts full for Plaguebearer!)
* Wish for Death (2% more DPS, and Culling Strike)
* Master of Fear (6% more DPS)
* Whispers of Death (6.3% more DPS if killed recently)

I think getting one curse cluster is really worth it. Getting hindered enemies, attack-dodge and Plaguebearer DPS is really nice.
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 25, 2020, 4:46:53 PM

made 2 helmets - the 1st one is more DPS I thnik coz I can find lacking cold res by swapping belt and have space for 140% duration focus craft.

The other one is filling my cold res and have an open prefix for +1 to level and 10% AoE.

Hard to decide. Craft is like 15%+ dps in pob but i dont know if we really benefit from it. We have like 12 sec poison duration it is like 3sec more. Dont know if 15 sec poison duration will ever occur

#edit

Ty for kind words on my sirus kill :D
Last edited by madziar169 on Mar 25, 2020, 3:32:03 PM

Unsure how to link jewels and cluster jewels, but I have a 13% watcher's eye as well.

Build has been doing phenomenally, still learning to fight bosses properly with it. Got to wave 15 simulacrum without even using plague bearer.

I know there's many things I can improve on my build (dagger, special helmet, better amulet, slightly better numbers on rings, better chest rolls).

However, I'm unsure what I should do first. I have enough resistances to have none on my helmet, so I've been considering crafting a helmet. Have 15ex laying around right now.
Last edited by Bobakanoosh1 on Mar 25, 2020, 6:04:00 PM
@madziar: I don't think the focus craft is really necessary. Your gear and damage is good, so the focus would only matter when the fight last longer than 7-8 seconds which is your current poison duration.

The helmets are pretty similar if it makes gearing easier of course just take the one with cold resist which you seem to be running.

@Bobakanoosh1: I am happy you are doing "phenomenally" with the build. And don't skip out on Plague Bearer :D.

For the cluster jewels I made a huge post just 3 posts before this one. This could be one of the possible upgrades for you.

It seems you got pretty unlucky with your chest. But one of the next things for you should be a 6link if you have 15ex laying around. So I would either commit to the chest and link it. Or you craft a new one and sell this. I think especially now you could still sell it pretty well, so if you don't mind crafting, that would be my choice.

Other than that I would try to improve life rolls when you can keep your resists covered rather than get another helmet which is actually pretty decent with that enchant. You can get a belt with more life, a second vermillion ring.

You could divine the gloves btw. And of course a hunter dagger craft should follow at some point.
Any thoughts on running Septic Spells on cluster jewels and have the ability to drop poison elsewhere?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info