[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
zegri wrote:
Hi.
There's one thing I don't understand - on the 2nd first snow slot, I only see 20 int in the area. What am I missing?

I had same question- jewels don't need for you to allocate a point into the node. There just has to be a intelligence node, activated or not not.. in the diameter.
"
0racle wrote:
"
zegri wrote:
Hi.
There's one thing I don't understand - on the 2nd first snow slot, I only see 20 int in the area. What am I missing?

I had same question- jewels don't need for you to allocate a point into the node. There just has to be a intelligence node, activated or not not.. in the diameter.

Zomg thanks this was a moment of sudden realisation for me.
For the gems for freezing pulse totem, when you put controlled destruction support, it reduces crit chance by 100%. Im kinda confused as to why you put an increased critical strike support gem into it.
Thanks for the amazing build.
I've made a big pass on the "Leveling Tips" section to better reflect my recommendations for leveling this build in 3.9 and beyond. After the difficulty changes that include a fair bit of life adjustments to various campaign bosses, I don't really feel like there is much room to take Ancestral Bond before picking up Ritual of Awakening, as you'll feel a bit too lacking in single target DPS against the campaign bosses. For now I recommend sticking to self-casting supplemented by Holy Flame Totem to help keep things moving along smoothly at least up until Cruel Labyrinth can be completed.

I've also just generally tried to clean up the whole section, but it's been a pretty long day, so if you see any weird typos or information errors please let me know.

"
subzero007 wrote:
For the gems for freezing pulse totem, when you put controlled destruction support, it reduces crit chance by 100%. Im kinda confused as to why you put an increased critical strike support gem into it.
Thanks for the amazing build.

Controlled Destruction's penalty is essentially summed with the rest of your critical strike chance modifiers. For example if your character had in total +200% critical strike chance, and you then linked Controlled Destruction, the linked skill would now have +100% critical strike chance (rather than just wiping out your critical strike chance entirely).

At low levels, you don't really have much effective critical strike chance to begin with, so it just works out to be a good trade in exchange for a massive multiplier to total damage.

At the endgame level, you'll stack enough critical strike modifiers that the penalty is smaller than you might expect. If you look at the level 95 loadout in the Path of Building pastebin for example, while your Diamond Flask is active, Controlled Destruction only lowers the effective critical strike chance from ~88% to ~82%.
Thanks for awesome build :) Playing it right now and feels so good :)
Last edited by Thellamaking on Dec 14, 2019, 10:36:26 AM
Hello,

just a short question about freezing pulse:

As i played frostbolt totem some time ago, the boss dmg was kinda low ... how is the boss dmg with freezing pulse totems?
Thanks for the guide! I've been following along and quite enjoying it. I am lv 40 now and going to do normal lab next. One thing I'm confused about is you mentioned multiple times "self casting Freezing pulse along side your totem", if you use the totem support gem you can't self cast?

Currently using a Tabula, is this something about the unique armor? Thanks!
"
dbombers wrote:
if you use the totem support gem you can't self cast?

You can easily cast it, but you don't do any damage ... but casting is possible.
"
You can easily cast it, but you don't do any damage ... but casting is possible.

Really? How does that work? When i add Totem Support to my links then I still only have one freezing Pulse skill to choose in my skill bar and It will always cast as a totem.

Feel like I'm missing something stupid here.../confused..

Is there a self cast hotkey?
"
dbombers wrote:
"

Really? How does that work? When i add Totem Support to my links then I still only have one freezing Pulse skill to choose in my skill bar and It will always cast as a totem.

If you have 2 active freezing pulse (one with totem) you can use both the same time, you have to put both into your skill bar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info