[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Thanks for the guide! I've been following along and quite enjoying it. I am lv 40 now and going to do normal lab next. One thing I'm confused about is you mentioned multiple times "self casting Freezing pulse along side your totem", if you use the totem support gem you can't self cast?

Currently using a Tabula, is this something about the unique armor? Thanks!

Wallach mentions that due to the high hp of campaign bosses, he’s using self cast freezing pulse supplemented by holy flame totem. That’s what that means. Wallach edited the leveling guide to reflect that. Personally, I swapped to totems as soon as I got ancestral bond because I enjoy the totem play style. Bosses took forever to kill. Now with two labs done, bosses are finally starting to die at a decent speed.
Explosive trap is another skill for leveling I have found useful. If you really wanna go fp totems early or if you just want to integrate another damage skill into the self cast fp and holy flame totems setup you can run explosive trap with no passive investment other than the spell damage we get from our passive as we spec for fp. Explosive trap works with or without ancestral bond. Early on its strong just by itself, but if you 2 or 3 link it(added fire/cold lightning) it works pretty good til you are ready to switch to full on totems. I think I am going to run explosive trap with self cast fp and holy flame totem where the trap will mainly be used for extra damage on bosses or metamorphs until somewhere around level 50 give or take a few levels.
Last edited by Zomphere on Dec 14, 2019, 2:39:34 PM
Are rare wands better than void batteries?

With the nerf to multi modding, batteries to me are looking pretty juicy, unless im missing something?
Last edited by GeneralDurph on Dec 15, 2019, 12:57:51 AM
Hey there.

In your leveling section you said taht First Snow is get in Act5, but wiki says Act4 in The King of Fury quest.

I already did that quest and finished act4 and no gem. Is wiki wrong?

Thanks.
"
Yunc4 wrote:
Hey there.

In your leveling section you said taht First Snow is get in Act5, but wiki says Act4 in The King of Fury quest.

Thanks.

Wiki is wrong, it's at act V
Uploading the second league start progress video right now for Metamorph, but the short version is that the build seems really strong this league. I have yet to come across a metamorph that can't be frozen, so I've generally been buffing them up with reckless abandon and they can't do much about it. Having a Frost Bomb support is also handy for the mobs that think they're going to get insane life regen. Also dropped 2 more Exalted Orbs and used those to 6-link my Soul Mantle already, so things are going pretty well so far.

"
GeneralDurph wrote:
Are rare wands better than void batteries?

With the nerf to multi modding, batteries to me are looking pretty juicy, unless im missing something?

I think the issue with Void Battery in this build is that we aren't getting a good opportunity cost on stacking power charges. Void Battery is pretty bad without a bunch of extra maximum power charges, not to mention they aren't exactly cheap wands (currently 7~8 Exalted Orbs each). Rare wands will likely still be our best option whether or not multimod is as powerful as it used to be.

"
Yunc4 wrote:
Hey there.

Thanks.

The wiki is definitely incorrect on that one; you'll get the option to pick up a First Snow jewel after defeating Innocence in Act 5.
Hey, great guide! You list using infused channeling linked to holy flame totem but it says it doesn't work with totems. How does this work?
Is "The pandemonius" a good investment/option for a lategame amulet?

Nvm, u already mentioned it!
Last edited by anvespisdrit on Dec 15, 2019, 1:02:38 PM
What do you say about using Tukohama's fortress as a shield? Would it be any good?
"
Ni0 wrote:
What do you say about using Tukohama's fortress as a shield? Would it be any good?

The problem is that it gives us Blood Magic and we are MOM, so its not a good shield for us, if you want to you it you have to change the build completely and not rely on the mana scaling for defense or offence.
Steel and Iron,
Guard me well!
Or else I'm Dead,
and Doomed to Hell!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info