[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Kocky wrote:
Hey Wallach,
Starting with Freezing Pulse Totem or Holy Flame Totem and switching to this after getting Soulmantle and the rings?
What would you recommend?

Anyways, gonna use one of your Totembuilds as my Leaguestarter for 3.9!

I think either way is fine. Holy Flame Totem is really comfortable leveling too. Myself I'll probably just level self-cast into Freezing Pulse totem around Cruel Labyrinth.
for the extra slot you mention in the steel skin link, what are the downside to having any aura or other cwdt viable at that slot?
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Brokik1 wrote:
Great guide Wallach, looking forward to league starting(and finishing?) with this.

I noticed in PoB that the new nodes at the bottom of the tree-Panopticon and Surveillance-are showing large dps increases in PoB. Panopticon in particular is showing a 15%(!) dps increase from allocating it, but I'm not sure why as I don't think anything except the 30% totem damage impacts us.

Obviously they're too far to path to, but possible amulet anointment target? Flash Freeze is obviously great though.

Hm... I don't see anything too weird going on with those nodes in my Path of Building, but I am on LocalIdentity's fork, so it could be an issue with the main fork having a bug?

In the fork I see Panopticon worth about 3% DPS in the example pastebin setup, which seems correct for 30% increased totem damage (which is all we'd get from the node). Definitely going to lose out to Flash Freeze as an anointment.

Another thing that will make me take Flash Freeze instead of anything else is the improvement they made to it: "Flash Freeze now grants 10% chance to Freeze." From my point of view this helps both with clear speed and survivability
"
vijune wrote:
for the extra slot you mention in the steel skin link, what are the downside to having any aura or other cwdt viable at that slot?

For the aura you don't want because of Mind over Matter and Jewel : Clear Mind.

You can go
I guess golem or phase run is fine for comfort.
For defense aspect : enfeeble/temporal chains maybe ?
Last edited by Ayakoue on Dec 13, 2019, 8:09:56 AM
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Kocky wrote:
Hey Wallach,
Starting with Freezing Pulse Totem or Holy Flame Totem and switching to this after getting Soulmantle and the rings?
What would you recommend?

Anyways, gonna use one of your Totembuilds as my Leaguestarter for 3.9!

I think either way is fine. Holy Flame Totem is really comfortable leveling too. Myself I'll probably just level self-cast into Freezing Pulse totem around Cruel Labyrinth.

Thanks! I think I'll try both ways out and see what works better for me.

And thanks for this great Guide!
Anyone know if this build would be good for bossing as well. Not sure if he said it anywhere's or not
I guess nobodyx can tell you right now.
Pre 3.9 FP Totem had plenty of damage for bossing.
Since all bosses are buffed nobody knows but if they did not buff bosses an insane amount i think you should be fine.
"
Rinsc wrote:
Anyone know if this build would be good for bossing as well. Not sure if he said it anywhere's or not

Played this build in 3.7, skipped 3.8 since i don't like playing same build two leagues in a row and will play it now.

Since i play on a really old laptop (from 2013, Intel graphics) for like 90% of the time, except when i get to play on my gaming pc once a month i can say it was one of the safest builds with great dps enabling me to constantly farm T15-16 maps with 5-10 fps and a lot of freezes.

My opinion is that it will do great vs bosses, and though we don't really know a lot about the new bosses and if somehow this build do struggle with them i imagine that 95% of the other elemental builds are going to struggle even more!
Last edited by Abraxas1991 on Dec 13, 2019, 2:02:39 PM
Great build as always Wallach. Yours are always succinctly written and well done. I have been doing this build since Legion and it has never disappointed. I'm going with this as well on xbox launch on monday. (I know lame) With all the new bosses and mechanics I thought going with something I knew as well as this would be of great benefit. I watched your stream for quite awhile today and I can say I have no worries this build should be able to handle the toughest of content this league can throw at us.

PS

Ignore the previous post evidently there was a third POB update and now the POB link is working for me. Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by Zomphere on Dec 14, 2019, 2:17:56 PM
Hi.
There's one thing I don't understand - on the 2nd first snow slot, I only see 20 int in the area. What am I missing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info