[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
faraddox wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
"
boris_37 wrote:
So we really need to build into this as a expensive build option, Awakened curse on hit which will now give 2 curses + chance to apply to hexproof. Potentially using stormbrand or something? I'm not sure how this should be used but it has a lot of really interesting benefits.

I assume most of the other awakened gems are high tier exalt level replacements of added cold, cold pen etc.

Yeah, we'll definitely want the Awakened Curse on Hit in an ideal world, though I expect it to be extremely costly (maybe in the same range as Atziri's Reflection).

I think the most sensible option is using our Frost Bomb 4L to set it up:

Frost Bomb -> Spell Cascade (Awakened option) -> Awakened Curse on Hit -> Projectile Weakness

And where will second curse go from? Selfcasting?

Yeah its linked to Arcane surge which obviously gives us a damage boost. I could see having both on this instead of spell cascade, but then the screen size is REALLY limited, but you get 2 instant curses.

Don't know if there is a smarter way to organize those.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
faraddox wrote:

Yeah, this build normally runs self-cast curse to trigger a fairly high level Arcane Surge. So Frostbite will stay there and we'd move the lower cost Projectile Weakness into the Awakened Curse on Hit setup.

Mind you this new setup is going to be a very late game gearing thing, and I could easily see that gem being 10ex or higher.

Edited my message after you answered. I remember about curse + surge, cause i played your build most part of blight league, almost fully min-maxed it (i think only better thing left was triple watcher xD) and it was really great :)
But you will overwrite Projectile weakness with Frostbite if use Frostbite after Frost bomb explosion in this case. Cause you get +1 curse limit only to supported gems, not to all your curses.
May be it's better to use Frostbite instead of spell cascade and look for another arcane surge activation skill?
Last edited by faraddox on Dec 11, 2019, 10:25:10 PM
"
faraddox wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
"
faraddox wrote:

Yeah, this build normally runs self-cast curse to trigger a fairly high level Arcane Surge. So Frostbite will stay there and we'd move the lower cost Projectile Weakness into the Awakened Curse on Hit setup.

Mind you this new setup is going to be a very late game gearing thing, and I could easily see that gem being 10ex or higher.

Edited my message after you answered. I remember about curse + surge, cause i played your build most part of blight league, almost fully min-maxed it (i think only better thing left was triple watcher xD) and it was really great :)
But you will overwrite Projectile weakness with Frostbite if use Frostbite after Frost bomb explosion in this case. Cause you get +1 curse limit only to supported gems, not to all your curses.
May be it's better to use Frostbite instead of spell cascade and look for another arcane surge activation skill?

You might be right about that actually... I'll have to think about it because I don't know if we'd want both our curses to essentially be on a 2 second delay if we don't get the kind of coverage Spell Cascade provides.

It may make more sense to move something like Vortex into the 4L where gloves exist and tie Awakened Curse on Hit to that with both curses since it is a true instant cast with a shorter CD, then keep Frost Bomb with the large area coverage. We'd have to drop to a much lower Arcane Surge rank and tie it to Flame Dash.

Edit - Oh, actually maybe we just use a self-cast Freezing Pulse to take advantage of the 2 First Snows we already use. We'll get huge coverage that way at pretty fast cast speed.
Last edited by Wallach on Dec 11, 2019, 10:45:33 PM
"
Wallach wrote:

It may make more sense to move something like Vortex into the 4L where gloves exist and tie Awakened Curse on Hit to that with both curses since it is a true instant cast with a shorter CD, then keep Frost Bomb with the large area coverage. We'd have to drop to a much lower Arcane Surge rank and tie it to Flame Dash.

Vortex? Close range to apply curse? :D
Edit: Yeah, second FP seems more usable.
Also what do you think about Awakened Added Cold (+1 and more flat damage)? Does it make it better than something else in end-game empower link?
Last edited by faraddox on Dec 11, 2019, 10:53:02 PM
"
faraddox wrote:

Vortex? Close range to apply curse? :D
Edit: Yeah, second FP seems more usable.
Also what do you think about Awakened Added Cold (+1 and more flat damage)? Does it make it better than something else in end-game empower link?

Yeah, Awakened Cold Damage would definitely come in over Increased Critical Strikes. I think the final ideal Freezing Pulse links would be:

Freezing Pulse -> Hypothermia -> Awakened Cold Penetration -> Awakened Cold Damage -> Awakened Controlled Destruction -> Empower
Still hope that there will be another source of flat and % life after removing fossil % mod and nerfing hybrid crafted flat mods. I had %life almost on every piece of rare and will miss them.
Any ideas about making ehp pool higher or adding more defensive layers? :) Still thinking sometimes about Agnostic, but can't find the best way to add it. Freezing won't save against new bosses and looks like they will hit harder than old ones.
Last edited by faraddox on Dec 12, 2019, 2:56:40 AM
[/b]Oh, actually maybe we just use a self-cast Freezing Pulse to take advantage of the 2 First Snows we already use. We'll get huge coverage that way at pretty fast cast speed. [/quote]

Self casting freezing pulse doesn't deal damage does it?

ps: im bad at using forum.
Alright, the first tweaks for 3.9 are up, though frankly there isn't a ton I can change right now other than setting us up for the Awakened gem changes at endgame and some general maintenance tweaks. Expect a lot more updates after league launch and we start learning about all the new affixes in the Conquerors influence pools. I'm also working on some other stuff yet to be added (such as a section for possible Timeless Jewel options).

"
vijune wrote:
Self casting freezing pulse doesn't deal damage does it?

ps: im bad at using forum.

No, it won't deal damage, but it will still count as a hit for the purposes of effects like Awakened Curse on Hit. We'd just be using it for curse application in place of self-casting to leverage the dual curses Awakened Curse on Hit would enable.
Last edited by Wallach on Dec 12, 2019, 6:25:30 AM
I think i choose Arc for awakened Curse on it. Can chain for curse on multi target
What about storm brand for the curse?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info