[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

can do build make exalts farm lab?
I'm gonna try SSF for the first time using FP totems.
IMO at current state of the game, even Tabula is enough for late game. Not having 7L and +1 totems really hits damage but still fine in red maps. Gonna try farming tabula first and then hope for unique drops later.

*Increased boss life and monster elemental resistances will probably be noticeable, making cold pen gem mandatory.

Arc is getting buffed. Probably the best choice in early levels instead of FP, at least until First snow jewel reward. Can't decide if I want to run an alt early to get 2nd First snow.

Another option is to stick purely to arc if they gonna buff range but chill/freeze/shatter is very strong defense mechanic.

So many things to consider.
My version of the build, used a elder Essence Worm - Mark of the Shaper pair, and met Dexterity needs with a Brutal Restrain Jewel that also gave me Cold Res, Proj Damage and Aura Effect
2.1M shaper DPS per totem
i feel i went too far in the "glass cannon" approach, but it feels great to melt (freeze) everything
many thanks

https://pastebin.com/a9tXXAHi
Last edited by KekuLiao on Dec 10, 2019, 10:17:16 PM
So.. no nerfs at all?

potentially a visual upgrade (though the MTX still sucks). I'm contemplating dumping my frost bolt even though i think its so beautiful to use FP because its effectiveness against single target is much better.
What do you think of using Arc instead of FP for this build? Will have to change a little in the tree to get lightning dmg instead of cold, but shouldn't be too much trouble right?
"
Lejvingdude wrote:
What do you think of using Arc instead of FP for this build? Will have to change a little in the tree to get lightning dmg instead of cold, but shouldn't be too much trouble right?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2456407

This guide is based on arc totems if you wanna take a look. Could also be good
Well patch notes are out and we're in kind of a weird place. Mostly confirmed what we already knew, and didn't really shed light on anything we didn't.

There's honestly not going to be a lot for me to be able to update the guide for 3.9 before the league actually gets started. Most of what we need to account for here is changes in things like the Awakened support gems and new influence base affixes, which patch notes didn't really offer up. Passive tree won't be changing for 3.9 that I can tell, and none of our existing item recommendations will change until we know more about the new items we might be chasing. I suppose that means we are in pretty good shape for 3.9 overall.

The important thing is we got that new Freezing Pulse spell graphic that was shown at ExileCon. This is a buff.

"
bionicpope wrote:
can do build make exalts farm lab?

just farm mud flats for alterations, ez

"
boris_37 wrote:
So.. no nerfs at all?

potentially a visual upgrade (though the MTX still sucks). I'm contemplating dumping my frost bolt even though i think its so beautiful to use FP because its effectiveness against single target is much better.

No nerfs specifically targeting the build, looks like.

Shaper shields will be a bit harder to acquire early on, but hopefully Shaper scarabs are enough to get some shield bases rolling in sooner than later. We can also probably consider trying to find a +1 Cold shield until then. Not a big deal in the long run I think.

"
Lejvingdude wrote:

Yeah switching the build over to Arc shouldn't be that hard if you want to go that route. There's not a ton of cold-specific nodes or anything going on in the tree and you can make those adjustments very easily. Whether 35 units range is really enough to make it worthwhile, I'm not sure. Freezing Pulse gets a lot of projectile speed at this point in the game.
What do think about nerf of crafting weapon, particular nerf multi mod and extra chaos damage affix?

what impact for this build?
Last edited by Gidzit on Dec 11, 2019, 2:19:55 AM
"
Gidzit wrote:
What do think about nerf of crafting weapon, particular nerf multi mod and extra chaos damage affix?

what impact for this build?

About the same for any other build that uses multimod weapons; it'll make it harder for us to get strong weapons earlier. It was already basically a wash if you had to choose between +1 All Cold Spell Skill gems or Elemental as Extra Chaos (as getting both on one weapon is very costly). The nerf to Elemental as Extra Chaos on Shaper bases means we probably just favor getting +1 to All Cold Spell Skill Gem affixes on good bases until you're ready to sink much more currency into weapon upgrades, and we see what new influence pools offer.

Dual-wielding also seems like it will be a lot more reasonable on your way to the Atziri's Reflection setup since it'll be harder to get your hands on a decent +1 maximum totems Shaper shield. The difference already isn't very significant, with dual-wielding actually having some clear speed benefits if you can handle the loss of maximum life or resists. Since we're going to be dealing with a lot more variance in our weapon slots in 3.9 I think you can just go with whichever path you get better items for. This is also going to depend a little on what affixes are in the new influence pools for weapons and shields too.

I will say, even without the +1 totem stuff, I think this build is fine. I tested some stuff on mine, dropped the +1 totem shield, and Shaper guardians, and Shaper took maybe 2 seconds longer?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info