[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
kkskssk wrote:
Why are you using regen notes in skill tree at the start?

Well, mostly for what you'd think - the build is fairly reliant on regen (particularly mana regen) and the opportunity cost feels about right to me. Feel free to start out of the elemental damage line if you feel so inclined.

"
jonke wrote:
If you want to level with an alternative skill, is there any you think would work without too much respec?

Also, what do you think about swapping out FP for something like Arc or Glacial Cascade? Ever tried this set up with any other skills?

Sure, I've played all kinds of totem builds. Ever since the buff of Freezing Pulse in 3.6 (along with the QoL fixes for the environment issues) I feel like it's been the premier spell totem clear skill. Both Arc and Glacial Cascade are good totem skills in their own right, but both of them suffer in clear speed pretty noticeably, and especially in Arc's case without much meaningful upside. Right now I think the two "best" spell totem skills are Freezing Pulse and Divine Ire, with the latter being a bit more about bosskill potential relative to budget being very strong.
wanna start this build as 3.9 legue starter. at legue beginning we will have no soul mantle. Is it a good idea still to start with this build even without soul mantle? how mandatory is this body for this build?
"
gangwars90 wrote:
wanna start this build as 3.9 legue starter. at legue beginning we will have no soul mantle. Is it a good idea still to start with this build even without soul mantle? how mandatory is this body for this build?

I think it's fine for a trade league, yeah. The main early key items are Soul Mantle and Kikazaru, neither of which are terribly rare uniques, so even early picking up a 3-4 link doesn't cost that much. People are likely going to be bow & ballista focused early league for 3.9 so the price shouldn't go up either.

You can also just start generalized caster or something like Holy Flame Totem if you want to play it extra safe until you get the currency together, but to be honest it didn't feel necessary to me at all league starting with this in 3.8. Once you hit Cruel Labyrinth and get Ritual of Awakening it's pretty smooth sailing.
the jewels are no problem after act 5.. so only item i will have to wait for buying is soul mantle. so it shoukd be ok to start with this build i think
I was thinking about to just use Arc until i get access to the threshold jewels instead of FP. So Arc selfcast from 12, until i can get ancestral bond, then Spell totem Arc until Act 5.

Do you think that this is worse than FP selfcast all the way to act 5? (I am league starting with it so i dont really have access to the jewels from lvl 1.
"
Vitchy wrote:
I was thinking about to just use Arc until i get access to the threshold jewels instead of FP. So Arc selfcast from 12, until i can get ancestral bond, then Spell totem Arc until Act 5.

Do you think that this is worse than FP selfcast all the way to act 5? (I am league starting with it so i dont really have access to the jewels from lvl 1.

It's basically preference. For me Self cast Arc is easier because of the chain although not as much deeps. I've done both and personally I prefer Arc. Mainly because I'm a bit biased because I love Arc and the Arc MTX, I just wish it was stronger.
The early game it doesn't really matter what spell you use to level as long as you put FP in your swap set to keep leveling that up.
Last edited by Gulch on Dec 9, 2019, 9:12:20 AM
Some initial impressions from the manifesto:

* Multimod getting shot affects most builds; the Shaper mod changes probably mean we prefer +1 Cold skills over Elemental as added Chaos for base mods (pending details)

* Flash Freeze cluster buffs mentioned mean we may get a slight freebie from anointment

* General chill & freeze changes are not much of a factor for us since so little was not getting chilled or frozen as it was, but with the boss changes should at least guarantee we don't have issues getting Hypothermia up against new endgame bosses

* Still remains to be seen if +1 maximum totems still exists and where it is exactly

In general I think the build is probably getting out of 3.9 in better shape relative to a lot of other builds. A lot of work will need to happen to sort out item recommendations for endgame so expect a lot of post-league-start changes.
Last edited by Wallach on Dec 9, 2019, 10:00:42 PM
"
Wallach wrote:
* Multimod getting shot affects most builds; the Shaper mod changes probably mean we prefer +1 Cold skills over Elemental as added Chaos for base mods (pending details)

What do you think about wand craft atm? Cause multimod itself is crafted mod, only 2 mods remain for craft and we have to roll 3 good affixes on rare. Seems like i'll start with FP too cause zombie nerf, especially life (weakest part of my build).
Last edited by faraddox on Dec 9, 2019, 9:44:01 PM
"
faraddox wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:

What do you think about wand craft atm? Cause multimod itself is crafted mod, only 2 mods remain for craft and we have to roll 3 good affixes on rare. Seems like i'll start with FP too cause zombie nerf, especially life (weakest part of my build).

It's going to take a while to sort that out, because we need to see what new affixes show up on the new influence bases (and how accessible influence fusion is or whether we even desire it for our main hand). Right now all we can say is that it'll be harder to upgrade the weapon slot (which is the case for any build that uses a multi-mod weapon currently), and that we probably will want +1 to all Cold Spell Skill Gems more than the Elemental as Extra Chaos from the Shaper pool. Multimod as an option will still be desirable, but we will need a better set of base affixes to craft onto.
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Vitchy wrote:

It's basically preference. For me Self cast Arc is easier because of the chain although not as much deeps. I've done both and personally I prefer Arc. Mainly because I'm a bit biased because I love Arc and the Arc MTX, I just wish it was stronger.
The early game it doesn't really matter what spell you use to level as long as you put FP in your swap set to keep leveling that up.

Ty for the answer. I just wanted to make sure i am not missing something, because FP just feels to clunky for me.

Now all i need is some better FP MTX. Who thought it was a good idea to give an ice attack an ice themed skin. WTF^^.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info