Reset Passive Skill Tree

Builds are complicated. If we got one free full respec, most new players would take it as an opportunity to fix their horribly broken build by putting on a completely different build, right!

Trouble is you have to progress with your character to know how you should spend that next passive point. One free full mass-respec doesn't provide this need. By skipping the progression part most new players will fall into the same trap they fell into the first time: they'll make a completely different build, but all wrong decisions again. Winding up at another broken build, possibly more broken than the first time.

There will not be unlimited full respec, available freely or in the cash shop.
There will not be a limited full respec either. More people would get hung up by this than with its absence.
You have to progress with your character to make good build decisions.
If you feel you've ruined your character, start over.
Next time around you'll make better decisions during progression.
It will take you some time to figure out how a "good" build feels.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Oct 22, 2012, 1:16:09 PM
NO full respecs...this isn't D2/D3.

Think of it this way--experiment with closed beta and then you'll know better once everyone starts over on open beta.

No full respecs, definitely PoE doesn't need them, imo.
Wish we could pay for full respec!! I would pay £10 easy for it if I was max lvl and wanted to rebuild..
That would mean you would be able to sell all your orbs of regret for ingame currency, thus paying real money for respecs would be pay to win, which would be very very bad. Just plan your builds. Also nice necrobump.
Last edited by func_door on Jan 28, 2013, 1:02:30 PM
Hehe its good to read this. I didnt know that now I have to plan more carefully :)
I love those who do not know how to live, except by going under, for they are those who cross over.
You CAN pay for resets by buying orbs of regret on ebay or other trading forums.
Respec = start over. Not that hard really. You get quicker at it as you go.
Little Grey Men are Coming Our Way
Tastes Just Like Chicken They Say
i think it's a bit silly for new player's not being able to reset talents... but from reading i can tell i'm a minority. The game does not get more interesting for me because i have to reroll a character to respec :p it just gets more tedious.
"
Coldet wrote:
OK - Yes I do hear what you guys are saying and I too like the reset orbs for the odd bits of tweaking. HOWEVER!

The game essentially needs to cater for 3 basic types of gamer:
1. The Hard Core Pro/semi-Pro Player
2. The Casual yet experienced Player
3. And The Total Noob.

Hard Core is exactly that and should not be easy. I played D2 for 3 years solid before I eventually embarked on a Hardcore Ladder chase. (Hard Core MUST never be given the option to a total re-spec).

Also in D2 it was nothing for me to blow through 10 or even more re-spec tokens while fine tuning a PVP character or simply trying out different builds. The fact is, despite the quest re-spec's and re-spec tokens I still have 12 characters over level 90 and another 5 LLD characters and that's only the Soft Core expansion characters. There is no need to force people to start new characters to get replay-ability. I get tons of entertainment/satisfaction from experimenting with different builds and would like to be able to do that.

On PoE I currently have 4 characters (2x Templar) over level 60 all of which are able to solo chaos with varying success. My gripe is that while I have no problem playing my characters to high levels it kinda sux that I'm not able to make dramatic changes to them. And don't come throwing the re-spec orbs at me. I've been here a while now. Re-Spec orbs are simply just too damn hard to come by in any decent quantity.

As the game currently stands it is my submission that we are simply loosing a valuable opportunity to cater to the needs of our Noobs and Casual players. I sincerely believe that many people will simply not go to all the effort to create a new character after they have spent 5 or even 6 days getting that character to level 60+

I am able to play in excess of 8 hours per day, I would surmise that most people are lucky if they can play for 2 hours per day. If basic things are too hard you simply end up loosing those players that feel they are not progressing because they have to start from scratch. Every Player wants at least one Super Hero that is able to Blast through the mobs while grinding for better gear.

Please Please add a quest that gives us the opportunity to do a full re-spec in Default League.

I just know I'm going to be flamed - why don't you put it to the vote. Make a Poll on the forum lets see exactly how many people are for or against this.

Or just make a respec league, if you do buy the respec from microtransactions then your character get moved. (just like it moves from hardcore to casual if u die)

Casual gamer is happy, he's feeding money into the game. Has absolutely no effect on hardcore gamer.
It make me sick. enjoy of game is all gone after i discover this fact. just dele my char and go away because i dont read "best build guide bla bla..." and just play for fun. but this isnt funny at all :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info