Goodbye Charan

This “Charan” dude left, because he became relic, whose presence has become very uncomfortable for GGG, while he himself became more and more frustrated. To understand this, you need to go back in time to the very beginning of PoE. Until a time when several Diablo 2 enthusiasts decided to create something that would be a kind of "Diablo 2 remastered version". According to the original assumptions, it was supposed to be a game "created by players" for other players, in which its creators themselves will be happy to play.

And at first it really was, which attracted idealists like Charan. Idealists who decided to support the game with large amounts of money, without demanding shares in the company, although for $ 12,000 they could simply become shareholders (keep in mind that we're talking about a very small company all the time). It was something like a "gentleman's agreement": we give money in exchange for which you enable us to influence the development of the game. Informally.

Such a system operated until a small company turned into a large company, which began to earn big money. Then all these "informal shareholders" became ballast. Their money was no longer needed by GGG for anything, that is, if someone wanted to give it to them, they took it, but only those who had real shares in the company could decide about the shape of the game. A moment later, the "main shareholder" decided to secure a lifelong vacation and sold the game to Tencent. This was already too much for most "old whales" who have ceased to influence anything about the game, but began to be aware of wasted money.

At one point Charan didn't even play anymore, he just commented on the forum. He critically commented. And recently he probably learned that something was going to be announced at Exilecon that he would never accept, so he decided to leave. And since the departure of such a person looks very ugly from a marketing point of view, GGG has erased all traces of his presence on the forum :)
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●
"
srogi_kotek wrote:
And since the departure of such a person looks very ugly from a marketing point of view, GGG has erased all traces of his presence on the forum :)

This was almost certainly done at his request, not as a vindictive move by GGG.

I mean GGG moderation/forum team is petty, but not that petty.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Oct 17, 2019, 10:23:52 AM
"
"
Fapmobile wrote:
I thought the "good bye" threads were ridiculous already when people made them by themselves, but making one for someone.. else? Why?

Pointless circlejerk for the cool kids club.

reddit is on other website, you know?
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
srogi_kotek wrote:
And recently he probably learned that something was going to be announced at Exilecon that he would never accept, so he decided to leave.

Love the assumptions based on assumptions.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
never heard the name or the other guy's name

there is only one person that has to go and that is chris bottleneck wilson. hmm maybe THAT will be announced for 4.0!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
LMTR14 wrote:

there is only one person that has to go and that is chris bottleneck wilson. hmm maybe THAT will be announced for 4.0!

Your signature made me laugh.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
srogi_kotek wrote:
This “Charan” dude left, because he became relic, whose presence has become very uncomfortable for GGG, while he himself became more and more frustrated. To understand this, you need to go back in time to the very beginning of PoE. Until a time when several Diablo 2 enthusiasts decided to create something that would be a kind of "Diablo 2 remastered version". According to the original assumptions, it was supposed to be a game "created by players" for other players, in which its creators themselves will be happy to play.

And at first it really was, which attracted idealists like Charan. Idealists who decided to support the game with large amounts of money, without demanding shares in the company, although for $ 12,000 they could simply become shareholders (keep in mind that we're talking about a very small company all the time). It was something like a "gentleman's agreement": we give money in exchange for which you enable us to influence the development of the game. Informally.

Such a system operated until a small company turned into a large company, which began to earn big money. Then all these "informal shareholders" became ballast. Their money was no longer needed by GGG for anything, that is, if someone wanted to give it to them, they took it, but only those who had real shares in the company could decide about the shape of the game. A moment later, the "main shareholder" decided to secure a lifelong vacation and sold the game to Tencent. This was already too much for most "old whales" who have ceased to influence anything about the game, but began to be aware of wasted money.

At one point Charan didn't even play anymore, he just commented on the forum. He critically commented. And recently he probably learned that something was going to be announced at Exilecon that he would never accept, so he decided to leave. And since the departure of such a person looks very ugly from a marketing point of view, GGG has erased all traces of his presence on the forum :)

sounds like an awfully, idk, CHINESE thing to do to me
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:

Your signature made me laugh.

hopefully not because of a category error, the forum is not the game you know. and I've already said everything I wanted to say numerous times really. I just love to view the increasing disappointment of the userbase, just wish they were disappointed because of reasons more similar to my own

and if it's the game design, it stopped after masters. everything after was/is a rehash or extension of things that already existed (item crafting, character customisation, more maps, different buff icon over monster's heads, moar skills and items and water improvements). ok to be fair labyrinth had a new element (daily racing for the best time), but to be honest, lab was a piece of shit
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 17, 2019, 10:56:46 AM
"
Xystre wrote:
"
"
Fapmobile wrote:
I thought the "good bye" threads were ridiculous already when people made them by themselves, but making one for someone.. else? Why?

Pointless circlejerk for the cool kids club.

reddit is on other website, you know?

Well spotted, no flies on you is there?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
You pause (screenshot) any diablo2 scene and you clearly see anything. Here, its effects on top of effects.. as if to emphasise how much action packed the poe is..

clearly its by intention.. the goal is to consume diablo3 suckers into poe, where no idea how people can even play that game.

The only thing poe needs is constantly blinking to pure white/yellow every time the monster is hit.

Kind of like diablo3, wolcen(lmao) and some other mobile games.

And we need damage number floaters.. you know.. to hide ugly graphics i guess.. not sure what the intent is to overlap everything, but nobody at ggg would have the balls to such conversation.

So all we have is to mildly annoy them until someone would give in and start telling wtf they are designing game for.

I mean, i already long time ago gave up on audio.. its high quality trash, with high quality instruments and somewhat sophisticated melodies but as pure garbage. Ear screetching.

And now poe is doing the same with visuals. Soup of effects as if people would vomit if game was like in the beta.

Still poe has strong foundation so its just standing strong, although half dead i suppose.

p.s. ok ok, staying on topic - if some rich filth people who support the game couldnt steer the game from this bs, then we normal people can only stop buying the supporter packs and be done with it. I mean, how else can we "vote" for what is wrong..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Oct 17, 2019, 12:38:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info